Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
NRA pushing hard for a national reciprocity carry law >

NRA pushing hard for a national reciprocity carry law

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

NRA pushing hard for a national reciprocity carry law

Old 05-03-2017, 03:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Actually, we live in the real world, the way it is, not they way you want it to be or think it should be. When you live in the real world you must live by the real rules. You see if you walk into a school carrying a firearm, or refuse to leave an establishment that does not allow firearms, all that God given right stuff you are so fond of throwing out there, will not stop you from being led out of the court room in handcuffs to prison. So far people here have been pretty nice trying to get you to understand what you believe are constitutional rights are not your constitutional rights. The 2nd amendment was intended to put the government on notice as to what the government cannot do, it was not meant to force "Joe the Grocer" to allow you into his store carrying a gun if he doesn't want you in there carrying a gun. "Joe the Grocer" is not the Government, he runs a privately owned establishment and you can go in and shop if you obey his rules, not your rules, the fact that the public is allowed in the store if they obey the rules, does not make it a public entity. Continuing to say the same incorrect things over and over again will not make a person correct. It will just make them look silly.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 05-03-2017 at 03:15 PM.
Old 05-03-2017, 03:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by muzzlestuffer View Post
Look when a restaurant opens what do they have to do they apply for a buisness license among others with the expectations of people coming there to do buisness that is not a private home it a public location and they don't have the right to put my life at risk period I don't care what you have to say about it ! Just like the states don't have a right which is why this thread was started to begin with. Where do you people live anyway california,new Jersey or new York ?
Sorry, but you have not made one single legal statement or logical post on this entire thread! The Constitution and laws that are on the books are so opposite from your thought process that it's laughable! If you get arrested in a private facility, and that's exactly what they are and not public places like you keep saying, you are in the wrong and are a violator. Good luck on saying you'll do whatever you want to do to protect yourself because violating the rights of a private facility that says no guns will eventually get you in trouble and you may not be carrying anything but mace after being arrested for violating the rights of a business. In the good old USA we do not just take the law into our own hands because we disagree with something!
Old 05-03-2017, 03:24 PM
Dominant Buck

Many restaurants have a sign saying no shirts or shoes no service. If I am on the beach and want to shop I know I need to put some shoes and shirt on to go in. Their rules and even though my "attire" is street legal I have to follow the rules of the establishment to not get denied service and thrown out. Some people follow society's rules while others do not. In the case of not feeling safe if I am not packing then I chose to not go to where I might be vulnerable.
Old 05-03-2017, 03:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's a CONCEALED weapon...how will the business know if you're carrying?

If a shootout happens and you save 30 lives since you're carrying, I don't think the little "no guns" sign on the front door will matter...
Old 05-03-2017, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

What do you think the founding fathers would do? You guys need to wake up ! We have fundamental rights that no one can take away from us, some day as these crazy laws get turned around you will see they are unconstitutional. I do conceal carry and no one knows I'm packing anyway. I'm a law abiding guy just going about my daily life. BTW here in AZ you can be asked to leave if they catch you and it's a misdemeanor if you don't and get arrested.personally I think most of these people think it's going to keep the criminals out of their place what a stupid thought.
Old 05-03-2017, 04:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Really, you are going to ask that question and expect an answer that agrees with your convoluted view of the constitution? I think the founders would agree with those here that disagree with you. The whole point of what they did was to keep the government out of your life as much as possible. The key being government intrusion. They did not do what they did to assure that you could carry a gun in a privately owned establishment if the owner didn't want you to because one of the other things they fought for was property rights and to force someone to allow others to carry weapons in their establishments is the antithesis of property rights. What makes you think your rights supersede a property owners rights. Your entire diatribe is hypocritical, your entire premise is don't trample your rights but it is ok for you to trample the rights of others. You have lost this debate, yet you continue to prove the point of those who disagree with you. You should really quit while you are behind.
Old 05-03-2017, 04:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Muzzlestuffer---What do you think the founding fathers would do?

***Probably follow the law, unlike yourself!

You guys need to wake up!

***We're wide awake as to what is lawful and what isn't, unlike yourself!

We have fundamental rights that no one can take away from us, some day as these crazy laws get turned around you will see they are unconstitutional.

***Incorrect because those fundamental rights also include the owner of that establishment that says they don't want guns in their establishment. When you carry in their establishment you are violating their rights. What don't you understand about that simple right?! You can't just violate a law with impunity because you don't like it!!! If everyone did that there would be anarchy in our country.

I do conceal carry and no one knows I'm packing anyway.

***It doesn't matter whether they know you're carrying or not because you're violating the law. It's the exact same thing as if you're driving well over the speed limit and get away with it because a LEO doesn't see you.

I'm a law abiding guy just going about my daily life.

***I beg to differ because you continue to state that you are violating the rights of another and that is not being a law abiding citizen!

BTW here in AZ you can be asked to leave if they catch you and it's a misdemeanor if you don't and get arrested.

***First correct statement you've made on this thread!

Personally I think most of these people think it's going to keep the criminals out of their place what a stupid thought.

***That's another statement that is very much your personal opinion and is also probably incorrect.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 05-03-2017 at 04:22 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-03-2017, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr View Post
Really, you are going to ask that question and expect an answer that agrees with your convoluted view of the constitution? I think the founders would agree with those here that disagree with you. The whole point of what they did was to keep the government out of your life as much as possible. The key being government intrusion. They did not do what they did to assure that you could carry a gun in a privately owned establishment if the owner didn't want you to because one of the other things they fought for was property rights and to force someone to allow others to carry weapons in their establishments is the antithesis of property rights. What makes you think your rights supersede a property owners rights. Your entire diatribe is hypocritical, your entire premise is don't trample your rights but it is ok for you to trample the rights of others. You have lost this debate, yet you continue to prove the point of those who disagree with you. You should really quit while you are behind.
How do you figure it lost prove it ! Why is it a right for someone else to say I can't defend myself? Just because they say its ok to put a sign up doesn't make it legal. Look at how many things they thought years ago turned out to be wrong. I bet your one of those cops that thought everyone in jail was guilty ? Wrong scumbag cops and prosecutors! Look man you can say whatever you want I'm going to defend myself if you want to get killed no loss to me!
Old 05-03-2017, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006 View Post
Muzzlestuffer---What do you think the founding fathers would do?

***Probably follow the law, unlike yourself!

You guys need to wake up!

***We're wide awake as to what is lawful and what isn't, unlike yourself!

We have fundamental rights that no one can take away from us, some day as these crazy laws get turned around you will see they are unconstitutional.

***Incorrect because those fundamental rights also include the owner of that establishment that says they don't want guns in their establishment. When you carry in their establishment you are violating their rights. What don't you understand about that simple right?! You can't just violate a law with impunity because you don't like it!!! If everyone did that there would be anarchy in our country.

I do conceal carry and no one knows I'm packing anyway.

***It doesn't matter whether they know you're carrying or not because you're violating the law. It's the exact same thing as if you're driving well over the speed limit and get away with it because a LEO doesn't see you.

I'm a law abiding guy just going about my daily life.

***I beg to differ because you continue to state that you are violating the rights of another and that is not being a law abiding citizen!

BTW here in AZ you can be asked to leave if they catch you and it's a misdemeanor if you don't and get arrested.

***First correct statement you've made on this thread!

Personally I think most of these people think it's going to keep the criminals out of their place what a stupid thought.

***That's another statement that is very much your personal opinion and is also probably incorrect.
Probably follow the constitution and carry their guns where ever they wanted is my answer.
Old 05-03-2017, 04:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by muzzlestuffer View Post
Probably follow the constitution and carry their guns where ever they wanted is my answer.
This thread needs to end right here and now because you're just making posts to be obtuse and argumentative when the Constitution says you have no such right to do what you want when it violates another's rights. Maybe you should go read the Constitution and then reread it several more times because you have no idea what it truly says!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 05-03-2017 at 04:53 PM. Reason: spelling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.