Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
NRA pushing hard for a national reciprocity carry law >

NRA pushing hard for a national reciprocity carry law

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

NRA pushing hard for a national reciprocity carry law

Old 05-03-2017, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rockport View Post
Those signs are absolutely not unconstitutional and its a fact not an opinion.

If you want rights you have to respect other peoples rights.

They are not forcing you to do anything......you have every right to simply not go on their property but if you choose to go on their property it is on you to respect their right to make their own rules.

Do you own property? If so do you allow people to exercise any constitutional right they want on your property? Can I pursue happiness by hunting on your property? If I come in your house do I have the freedom to say/do whatever I want or do I have to respect your rules even if I disagree with them?
Your entitled to your opinion where in the 2nd amendment does it limit you ability to defend yourself ? A man's castle is completely different than public spaces you can't compare the two imo
Old 05-03-2017, 09:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

You need to learn what a public space is. Hint, it is not a privately owned store. You also need to understand what the bill of rights does. I have tried as nicely as I know how to explain why what you believe is incorrect and why the Constitution does apply to owners of private property in so far as allowing you to carry a firearm on their property to no avail. So before this gets testy ot I get testy, I am leaving this conversation

Last edited by Oldtimr; 05-03-2017 at 09:52 AM.
Old 05-03-2017, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr View Post
You need to learn what a public space is. Hint, it is not a privately owned store. You also need to understand what the bill of rights does. I can see any further discussion would be pointless because you are not willing to learn.
Your right I'm not going to stop defending myself and if you want to thats your choice.I refused to be brainwashed like some are I guess ?
Old 05-03-2017, 10:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Is the Post Office a public or private place?
Old 05-03-2017, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr View Post
Actually muzzlestuffer, any business has the same right to tell you not to carry a gun in their business, the same as you have that right to tell people not to come into your home armed and it has nothing to do with violating the constitution. If they tell you to leave with the gun and you don't, it is trespassing. Don't confuse the Constitution with property rights
All I'm saying is if it's open to the public then I should have the right to carry. my house is not open to the public! A man's castle is a whole different animal.look at all the shootings at restaurants and malls you can follow those signs if you want but I won't !
Old 05-03-2017, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jeepkid View Post
Is the Post Office a public or private place?
Public but federal
Old 05-03-2017, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by muzzlestuffer View Post
All I'm saying is if it's open to the public then I should have the right to carry. my house is not open to the public! A man's castle is a whole different animal.look at all the shootings at restaurants and malls you can follow those signs if you want but I won't !
So basically you think you are entitled to the service of privately owned businesses?
Old 05-03-2017, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

So basically you think you are entitled to the service of privately owned businesses?
Entitled what are you talking about ?
Old 05-03-2017, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by muzzlestuffer View Post
Entitled what are you talking about ?
It means you think you have the right to(are entitled to) the services of privately owned businesses.

You are basically saying you think private businesses should have to allow black lives matter to hold protest inside of their businesses because the constitution gives them freedom of speech.

Last edited by rockport; 05-03-2017 at 01:22 PM.
Old 05-03-2017, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

It means you think you have the right to(are entitled to) the services of privately owned businesses.

You are basically saying you think private businesses should have to allow black lives matter to hold protest inside of their businesses because the constitution gives them freedom of speech.
I know what entitled means not sure what the point is in this conversation but I would say if a buisness is open for business and I buy a product I'm entitled. But what I'm entitled to as a human being is the god given right to life,liberty and the persuit of happiness I'm not aware of any exceptions to that and if you choose to die in a movie theater that doesn't allow guns and there's a massacre there have at it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.