Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
NRA pushing hard for a national reciprocity carry law >

NRA pushing hard for a national reciprocity carry law

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

NRA pushing hard for a national reciprocity carry law

Old 05-03-2017, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006 View Post
Exactly because breaking the law just because you don't agree with it is not the way to go about things!
If something is a unconstitutional law you can't break it imo
Old 05-03-2017, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr View Post
That is what I do as well. If there is a no firearms sign on the door, I don't go in and spend my money.
I've actually asked the owners if they don't want me to carry on the premises three times and all three times they said I was welcome to carry even though they had the no gun signs.
Old 05-03-2017, 08:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

Actually muzzlestuffer, any business has the same right to tell you not to carry a gun in their business, the same as you have that right to tell people not to come into your home armed and it has nothing to do with violating the constitution. If they tell you to leave with the gun and you don't, it is trespassing. Don't confuse the Constitution with property rights
Old 05-03-2017, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Actually muzzlestuffer, any business has the same right to tell you not to carry a gun in their business, the same as you have that right to tell people not to come into your home armed and it has nothing to do with violating the constitution. If they tell you to leave with the gun and you don't, it is trespassing. Don't confuse thne Constitution with property rights
Sorry I dont see eye to eye on this one. That's a public location my house is private much different imo.although anyone I would have in my house I already know and have no problem letting them carry a stranger no !
Old 05-03-2017, 08:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

You may not see eye to eye with me on this and that is ok, not the first time, but you would be incorrect. A store is not public property, it is private property and the owner gets to make the rules, like no shoes, no shirt, no service and no guns allowed inside. Now pubic property such as parks etc is a different story. There has been a court decision saying municipalities cannot prohibit a person legally allowed to carry from doing it in a park. There was a flurry of rues changes in parks to remove the prohibition where I live after that happened.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 05-03-2017 at 08:50 AM.
Old 05-03-2017, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

You may not see eye to eye with me on this and that is ok, not the first time, but you would be incorrect. A store is not public property, it is private property and the owner gets to make the rules, like no shoes, no shirt, no service and no guns allowed inside. Now pubic property such as parks etc is a different story. There has been a court decision saying municipalities cannot prohibit a person legally allowed to carry from doing it in a park. There was a flurry of rues changes in parks to remove the prohibition where I live after that happened.
This is the problem they have you brainwashed in believing it's ok to take away your rights !
Old 05-03-2017, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Shall not be infringed sound familiar?
Old 05-03-2017, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's just like schools and movie theater's you are sitting ducks and if you want to take that chance that's your deal but I'm going to protect me and my wife when were out and about !
Old 05-03-2017, 09:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

You do realize that phrase in the 2nd amendment was aimed at the government, not private citizens don't you, it means the government shall not infringe on your right, it doesn't apply to the guy at the soda fountain or the grocery store etc. The bill of rights which includes all the amendments to the Constitution is there to tell the government what it may not do. Why would it be ok for you to tell someone you don't know that you do not want them to bring a gun into your house, and then object to a store owner telling strangers the same thing in his store? Now, that said, I don't like it either and so I don't spend my money in those places, however, I recognize they do have a right to say no inside their private property. If you want your rights respected, you have to repsect the rights of others.
Old 05-03-2017, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by muzzlestuffer View Post
I'm surprised by you guys dont you watch the news you aren't safe anywhere any more there's more and more attacks going on in restaurants and stores. BTW imo these signs are unconstitutional and if you guys want to be sitting ducks you go right ahead !
Those signs are absolutely not unconstitutional and its a fact not an opinion.

If you want rights you have to respect other peoples rights.

They are not forcing you to do anything......you have every right to simply not go on their property but if you choose to go on their property it is on you to respect their right to make their own rules.

Do you own property? If so do you allow people to exercise any constitutional right they want on your property? Can I pursue happiness by hunting on your property? If I come in your house do I have the freedom to say/do whatever I want or do I have to respect your rules even if I disagree with them?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.