Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
NRA pushing hard for a national reciprocity carry law >

NRA pushing hard for a national reciprocity carry law

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

NRA pushing hard for a national reciprocity carry law

Old 05-02-2017, 11:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

You see it won't be God you are facing for quite sometime if you shoot someone while defending your life or the life of another, it will be law enforcement officers, district attorneys and judges and a Jury. Both federal and state laws have provisions for justifiable homicide which is what killing someone in self defense is so both entities do have a right to tell you when it is legal to shoot in self defense. We live on earth, we live by mans law or die by it and if you kill someone and it is not justifiable under the law, saying it was your God given right to do so as your defense will not keep you out of prison or off death row. Carrying a firearm and using it is serious business, lets not get silly about it . There have to be laws, guidelines if you will, that say when it is legal to exercise deadly force, leaving it up to the unfettered discretion of the individual would be anarchy.
Old 05-02-2017, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's this reality of having to deal with justifiable homicide laws that makes me chuckle when I hear people talking about not being willing to carry a CCW gun that isn't accurate out to 50-100 yards. As the concealed carry instructor said in my course last summer, "if you hit people 30 yards away, you're probably going to jail." Doesn't matter how justified you internally felt pulling the trigger at the guy across the parking lot.
Old 05-02-2017, 12:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

If you shoot someone, whether they die or not, you will be investigated and the decision to prosecute you or not, will be made using the "reasonable man" theory. That theory is, would another reasonable person, given the same set of circumstances, seeing and hearing the same things that you did, make the same decision you made. It is easy to be braggadocios and say things like better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6 when the subject of self defense enters into a discussion. The truth of the matter is, shooting another human being is a serious and solemn act and you better be right in your actions. Even if you are found to be justified your problems will be just starting in many cases because the law suits come next which will cost you a whole lot of money and stress, there are people who talk tough and then find they have a very hard time after they took a life, it left a residual problem in them, even if you win the law suit you will be out thousands and thousands of dollars. It is good to talk about these things but it isn't good to be flip about a serious subject that really isn't over after the incident ends. That said I carry a gun because I will not voluntarily be a victim on the street or in my home, but I am well aware of all the things that can and sometimes will follow defending yourself with deadly force so I take it very seriously.
Old 05-02-2017, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr View Post
You see it won't be God you are facing for quite sometime if you shoot someone while defending your life or the life of another, it will be law enforcement officers, district attorneys and judges and a Jury. Both federal and state laws have provisions for justifiable homicide which is what killing someone in self defense is so both entities do have a right to tell you when it is legal to shoot in self defense. We live on earth, we live by mans law or die by it and if you kill someone and it is not justifiable under the law, saying it was your God given right to do so as your defense will not keep you out of prison or off death row. Carrying a firearm and using it is serious business, lets not get silly about it . There have to be laws, guidelines if you will, that say when it is legal to exercise deadly force, leaving it up to the unfeattered discretion of the individual would be anarchy.
I take my carry of a firearm very seriously and if the day ever comes that I have to pull the trigger I know in my heart it will be self defense and not terribly concerned with the police and prosecuters. But the way they deal with me would be a whole other issue to deal with and decisions would have to be made there as well. These states allowing criminals to run free is a deraliction of there duties and we have the right to able to defend against it.the people need to get smart and use jury nullification as a means to override these ignorant politicians and zealot prosecutors imo.
Old 05-02-2017, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

You know, I honestly appreciate the sincerity and reverence with which you talk about this issue, Oldtimr. I cannot imagine what would go through my mind if I had to kill anyone; I would hope that in the heat of the moment I would have no hesitation of course. But good grief! This isn't what humans were created to do; something's going to cry out inside letting me know that---and if I dismiss that voice, I'm probably putting something more significant than my physical life at peril. Hopefully I'll never have to confront any reality of bloodguiltiness, and will just enjoy the knowledge that I'm equipped if the need arises.

Do you have concealed carry insurance? I am considering getting the cheapest USCCA plan ($13 per month), just so I know I could post bail if I were in a self-defense shooting incident and the police arrested me while trying to piece together what happened. Also, my understanding is such insurance would let me afford a lawyer for what comes after. Basically, I'm about to sip the USCCA's Kool-aid this in the near future, but I wondered if there's something I'm not aware of that should change my mind.
In all seriousness, I imagine I'm more likely to use my concealed carry weapon on an attacking dog that I am on a human being (it's like every subdivision these days has some canine anarchist in it). But as you know, people may be even more likely to sue if I were to do something like that.
Old 05-02-2017, 05:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

I do not specific insurance for carrying a firearm. When I was an active firearms instructor I was insured by the NRA but since I am retired and lo longer am an instructor that is no more. It couldn't hurt for you to buy insurance but have it checked out so you will know just exactly what to expect from it and what it will not cover.
Old 05-03-2017, 05:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by muzzlestuffer View Post
This is such a no Brainer I personally don't care what laws they have if I feel the need to carry I carry ! If you have to really use your weapon in that circumstance the least of your worries should be a unconstitutional law.they have a bunch of places here with the no guns signs here I just ignore them and carry anyway !
See I don't agree with that at all. I think if a business has a no gun sign you should respect their rules on their property.

If you don't agree with there rules(and I don't) then don't go on their property.
Old 05-03-2017, 06:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

That is what I do as well. If there is a no firearms sign on the door, I don't go in and spend my money.
Old 05-03-2017, 06:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by rockport View Post
See I don't agree with that at all. I think if a business has a no gun sign you should respect their rules on their property.

If you don't agree with there rules(and I don't) then don't go on their property.
Exactly because breaking the law just because you don't agree with it is not the way to go about things!
Old 05-03-2017, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rockport View Post

I'm surprised by you guys dont you watch the news you aren't safe anywhere any more there's more and more attacks going on in restaurants and stores. BTW imo these signs are unconstitutional and if you guys want to be sitting ducks you go right ahead !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.