Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Today's 3/13/2017 Executive Order >

Today's 3/13/2017 Executive Order

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Today's 3/13/2017 Executive Order

Old 03-16-2017, 03:29 AM
Dominant Buck

I admit there has been a shift over the years but that comes from a changing dynamic as our society matures and social matters take a higher position than during earlier years. The civil rights movement along with different aspects of marital rights that has become more widely followed state by state are examples. Look at the states that have decriminalized and legalized marijuana as an indicator of a changing times. Yes the Constitution is a living document and I am sure there are some who don't think it should change. I am a bit perplexed though....last November we were faced with 2 choices. The American voter went with the more right based agenda in a clear way showing general dissatisfaction with the Obama way of running the country. They elected Trump rather than Clinton and swung the majority in Congress over to the GOP. Most on here are glad it worked out this way and look forward to some changes moving the country away from the left side of the road. Looking at Scalia's slot going unfulfilled under Obama is another win for the right since eventually he will be replaced with a more conservative judge keeping the status qua for power with an opportunity over the Trump term to improve that power balance. Trump is doing what he promised on many fronts even though he is being opposed by the left. Most here applaud his goal of reducing top heavy portions of the government like the EPA. This certainly isn't a perfect Conservative administration but IMO is a much better alternative to seeing Broom Hilda running the show. I would rather view the glass half full rather than focusing on the negative.

This is pretty interesting.....I see progress
https://www.aol.com/news/trump-campaign-promises/

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 03-16-2017 at 03:51 AM.
Old 03-16-2017, 04:02 AM
Dominant Buck

Actually, this past November we had one of the lowest turn outs in American history for an election. It resulted in one of the closest elections in our history, number 44 out 54 in widest margins of victory. Trump can't afford to go into the 2020 election with only the support he got in 2016. The Democrats won't have Hilary or anyone so defective running.

Congress is and was under control of Republicans. The same Republicans that ran on the repeal of Obamacare Obamacare since the day it became law. The same Republicans that made excuses after failing to deliver when they won the House by claiming they only controlled 1/3 of the process but give them the Senate and it will change. The same Republicans that were given the Senate on a promise to repeal Obamacare and made the excuse they were only 2/3rds of the process. Give us the White House and we will deliver. Now, instead of living up to their promise, we're getting Trumpcare. Yet, you say we should give them a pass after all the promises and hard work by those of us who participated in delivering them control?

Yippie, great executive order. Awesome job. Now back to my original post, Trump better start leading and delivering real results. Results that aren't executive orders which can all be reversed in 4 years when he is replaced by a Democrat like Al Frankin because he didn't drive his agenda through Congress as he said he could.

Reagan was a leader. He shutdown the government several times to get his way. He actually move the country right for the first time in 100 years. Unlike the other Presidents you mentioned. Unlike Trump if his new entitlements are enacted into law.
Old 03-16-2017, 04:09 AM
Dominant Buck

I still see progress so far
Not perfect but better than the Clinton alternative. I always say...something is better than nothing
Old 03-16-2017, 04:22 AM
Dominant Buck

I think you're confusing talk with progress. We've seen a lot of talk. There is a lot of optimism resulting from the good talk. It's time for action though.
Old 03-16-2017, 04:57 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
I think you're confusing talk with progress. We've seen a lot of talk. There is a lot of optimism resulting from the good talk. It's time for action though.
Give the man time. I think he has started to handle far more in his first 2 months in office than most have in their whole first year. He obviously isn't a politician that's why he got elected. You pointed out correctly that Reagan moved the country right. This guy could have the same result. Got to run...have a building 5' drift to knock down due to the wind then off to the gym. Too windy for fishing so I need to make the day productive. Go Trump.........

https://www.aol.com/news/trump-campaign-promises/