Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Today's 3/13/2017 Executive Order >

Today's 3/13/2017 Executive Order

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Today's 3/13/2017 Executive Order

Old 03-15-2017, 07:33 AM
  #21  
Dominant Buck
 
Fieldmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 36,263
Default

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
Well I disagree. America could plainly see the liberal lean America took under 8 years of Obama wasn't to their liking. I believe if a long run of GOP rule were to happen there would be a correction steering America back to the left with a final resting place of middle of the road. That same dynamic is what got Obama in office...people wanted change. The checks and balances of left/ right political parties gives the voters the ability to keep the ship inside the center channel where things get done. Seeing those entitlements go away isn't going to happen at least in the immediate future and if and when it disappears something else will take the place. America is getting older and there is no way that voter block will allow Medicare/ Medicaid, and Social Security to be removed. The funding might change but I doubt any political party could remove it.
lol, what checks and balances? What got oba elected was affirmative action. He is the poster child to what is wrong with affirmative action. But let's look at your so called checks and balances. Under Obama, the courts declared the president has plenary power when it comes to immigration in America. Now under Trump, the courts now get the final say of Trump's plenary power and have blocked both executive orders on immigration. Thats not checks and balances. That's the left controlling everything whether they're in power or out of power.

As for your, something needs to get done. Please, we had enough of government getting things done. We're 20 trillion in debt and looking at trillion dollar deficits for now on. Medicaid and Medicare go belly up in under a decade with SS following close behind. Despite Stephanie claiming this is a temporary blip due to baby boomers, the numbers tell us otherwise. It's amazing that folks like yourself think deficit spending can just continue to grow and go on forever. When it crashes, it going to get real ugly for seniors and the poor.
Fieldmouse is offline  
Old 03-15-2017, 09:30 AM
  #22  
Dominant Buck
 
Champlain Islander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Vermont
Posts: 21,233
Default

If we had just one party...say the Democrats the lean would take it so far left that we would be among the socialist countries that Bernie is so crazy about. There could be the same argument by some about going too far right. The checks and balances come from the fact that the American voter can head off extremes from either side by a party change. What that tells me is the voters want the country politics more in the middle. The ebb and flow of power keeps the political climate more diverse which keeps the best ideas and practices coming. IMO different opinions help to flesh out best practices. I have confidence that deficit spending will be dealt with at some point. The solution doesn't just come from the US based entitlements.
Champlain Islander is offline  
Old 03-15-2017, 09:53 AM
  #23  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 2,318
Default

I LOVE this EO, looking at ANY organization periodically is good. All he is doing is looking for efficiency gains, if that means tossing a bunch of management structure in the trash, GREAT.


This is NOT cleaning up what Obama did, it's cleaning up what Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush and so on did by adding to the size of government. The executive branch is what he has control over, he's setting the tone for others to follow
Bob H in NH is offline  
Old 03-15-2017, 12:55 PM
  #24  
Dominant Buck
 
Fieldmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 36,263
Default

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
If we had just one party...say the Democrats the lean would take it so far left that we would be among the socialist countries that Bernie is so crazy about. There could be the same argument by some about going too far right. The checks and balances come from the fact that the American voter can head off extremes from either side by a party change. What that tells me is the voters want the country politics more in the middle. The ebb and flow of power keeps the political climate more diverse which keeps the best ideas and practices coming. IMO different opinions help to flesh out best practices. I have confidence that deficit spending will be dealt with at some point. The solution doesn't just come from the US based entitlements.
I love it, the Constitution and liberty are extreme. Yes, we have fallen far from what made this country great.

Please name a time in the last 100 years where this country moved right? Other than when Reagan got in office, our country has been moving left. The only question has been how fast. Even under Trump, his legislative agenda is to take the country further left.
Fieldmouse is offline  
Old 03-15-2017, 03:08 PM
  #25  
Dominant Buck
 
Champlain Islander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Vermont
Posts: 21,233
Default

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
I love it, the Constitution and liberty are extreme. Yes, we have fallen far from what made this country great.

Please name a time in the last 100 years where this country moved right? Other than when Reagan got in office, our country has been moving left. The only question has been how fast. Even under Trump, his legislative agenda is to take the country further left.
Disagree once again. I think you are fixated on something that doesn't exist which seems a bit extreme to me. I suppose everything is leaning left when all you focus on and care for is something way out to the right beyond what is considered normal. We have moved both right and left periodically since I can remember.
First president I can remember is Ike but Truman was in office 68 years ago when I was born but I don't remember hearing my parents talk about him. All the GOP presidents ran their right based agenda to some extent or another just like the Dems went left.

Truman 2 terms - Dem
Eisenhower 2 terms - GOP
Kennedy 1 term - DEM
Johnson 2 terms - DEM
Nixon 1 term -GOP
Ford 1 term - GOP
Carter 1 term -DEM
Reagan 2 terms - GOP
Bush Sr 1 term - GOP
Clinton 2 terms - DEM
Bush Jr 2 terms -GOP
Obama 2 terms - DEM
Trump 1 term - GOP

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that the American voter strives to keep the country in the middle. It never goes far from middle ground before a reversal.
Champlain Islander is offline  
Old 03-15-2017, 03:48 PM
  #26  
Dominant Buck
 
Fieldmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 36,263
Default

Sorry CI but you never addressed my comment. Listing presidents and party says nothing about the progressive left moving direction of the country. Something our constitution was designed to protect us against. Unfortunately today, the masses have voted themselves into thy neighbor's pocket. All in this belief called entitlements, "I'm "entitled" to your wallet.

100 years of progressive movement.

http://www.heritage.org/political-pr...rican-politics

Last edited by Fieldmouse; 03-15-2017 at 03:51 PM.
Fieldmouse is offline  
Old 03-15-2017, 04:07 PM
  #27  
Dominant Buck
 
Champlain Islander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Vermont
Posts: 21,233
Default

I don't see it. Social security is older than you are and probably so is Medicare. Entitlements aren't a recent phenomenon pushed by the liberal left. Were the Bush boys anymore progressive than Nixon or Ford? All were GOP in a different time. Would you be happy if Cruz had made the big dance? I would think with a GOP POTUS as well as the GOP controlling the full Congress you would be happy. What does it take to make you happy. Perhaps you need to run for office.
Champlain Islander is offline  
Old 03-15-2017, 04:50 PM
  #28  
Dominant Buck
 
Fieldmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 36,263
Default

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
I don't see it. Social security is older than you are and probably so is Medicare. Entitlements aren't a recent phenomenon pushed by the liberal left. Were the Bush boys anymore progressive than Nixon or Ford? All were GOP in a different time. Would you be happy if Cruz had made the big dance? I would think with a GOP POTUS as well as the GOP controlling the full Congress you would be happy. What does it take to make you happy. Perhaps you need to run for office.
Why is this about me? Why cant you have a discussion about politics?

In case you noticed, I did say we are now living in a leftist world that took over 100 years to create. It started before everyone who ever visited this forum was born.

You mention a few presidents and party affiliation and once again, I must point out it has nothing to do with left or right regarding policy. Nixon gave us the EPA. One of the most destructive departments in the history of the US. A department which is so entrenched in the liberal left movement, some may say its their core. Ford, the only man to assendto the presidency without ever running for the office. His gift to conservativism was the contrast between him and Reagan and at the convention when everyone realized they had elected the wrong person to represent the republican party. Bush senior ran on Reagan promising 4 more years of liberty but did an about face and sided with the liberals on taxes. GW, GE did try to give back some of SS to the masses. However, UN the end, he had to destroy capitalism to save it with TARP. What a fraud that turned out to be. Had only McCain voted no and we wouldn't have had Obama.
Fieldmouse is offline  
Old 03-15-2017, 05:18 PM
  #29  
Dominant Buck
 
Champlain Islander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Vermont
Posts: 21,233
Default

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
Why is this about me? Why cant you have a discussion about politics?

In case you noticed, I did say we are now living in a leftist world that took over 100 years to create. It started before everyone who ever visited this forum was born.

You mention a few presidents and party affiliation and once again, I must point out it has nothing to do with left or right regarding policy. Nixon gave us the EPA. One of the most destructive departments in the history of the US. A department which is so entrenched in the liberal left movement, some may say its their core. Ford, the only man to assendto the presidency without ever running for the office. His gift to conservativism was the contrast between him and Reagan and at the convention when everyone realized they had elected the wrong person to represent the republican party. Bush senior ran on Reagan promising 4 more years of liberty but did an about face and sided with the liberals on taxes. GW, GE did try to give back some of SS to the masses. However, UN the end, he had to destroy capitalism to save it with TARP. What a fraud that turned out to be. Had only McCain voted no and we wouldn't have had Obama.
I don't see ever going back to colonial times
Champlain Islander is offline  
Old 03-16-2017, 01:53 AM
  #30  
Dominant Buck
 
Fieldmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 36,263
Default

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
I don't see ever going back to colonial times
Where did that come from? Whoever said we should revert back to colonial times? It appears your position is more with the left. The constitution is a living and breathing document. As long as enough agree, it can be amended to fit the new mood of the day.
Fieldmouse is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.