Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Today's 3/13/2017 Executive Order >

Today's 3/13/2017 Executive Order

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Today's 3/13/2017 Executive Order

Old 03-14-2017, 03:25 PM
Dominant Buck

Try over 100 years not 8 years. As for Trump draining the swamp? Not happening. He has filled key positions with either swamp creatures or Democrats who filled the swamp. This is why it's important we don't allow Trumpcare, Ivankacare and Trump's Obama2.0 infrastructure plan to go through. Let's see what happens with this debt ceiling increase. Remember the Republicans were demanding spending concessions. Let's watch them push for entitlement reform. Otherwise, were screwed.
Old 03-14-2017, 03:45 PM
Dominant Buck

The GOP won the election...doesn't that make you happy?
Old 03-14-2017, 04:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
Doesn't appear so does it. Kind of makes a lot of his previous posts about backing the party seem somewhat disingenuous doesn't it? From the way Mousey has acted you would think he is another NW by wishing Broom Hilda won. Doesn't make much sense to me but then according to Mousey he is just so much smarter than I am.
Old 03-14-2017, 05:20 PM
Super Moderator

I would like to see more done with Trump & the GOP's plan to repeal and replace Obamacare. I realize it may not be possible to do it all at once but it wouldn't hurt them to say so and explain that it's going to be accomplished in stages. So far, nobody has made either statement.
Old 03-14-2017, 06:20 PM
Dominant Buck

No, what would have been called a liberal Democrat 20 years ago won the presidency. He also helped in unseating conservative Republicans and is now threatening the conservatives that remain if they don't just climb aboard the trump spending train. It's interesting to note, so many who post here would rather discuss Hilary and the Democrats. Many would prefer not to discuss the liberal legislative agenda Trump and the establishment have planned for us. The same liberal stuff the Democrats and Obama have been talking about and proposing. It's pretty obvious the policies don't really matter rather than who is implementing them.

I'm a proud conservative. I believe in the American people not big government. I don't change my believes from one election to another.
Old 03-14-2017, 06:28 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by CalHunter View Post
I would like to see more done with Trump & the GOP's plan to repeal and replace Obamacare. I realize it may not be possible to do it all at once but it wouldn't hurt them to say so and explain that it's going to be accomplished in stages. So far, nobody has made either statement.
Actually they have. They are selling a bag of dog excrement wrapped in bow. Pass Trumpcare now and in stage two and three we will improve it and deliver.... This is politics at its best. Did you know to get the governors on board they have the Medicaid carrot right out in front on a stick? Those governors that expanded Medicaid are now facing cost increases due to the scheduled pull back of 100% funding by the federal government. The Republicans are kicking that time bomb down the road until 2020. Isn't that nice?
Old 03-15-2017, 02:37 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
No, what would have been called a liberal Democrat 20 years ago won the presidency. He also helped in unseating conservative Republicans and is now threatening the conservatives that remain if they don't just climb aboard the trump spending train. It's interesting to note, so many who post here would rather discuss Hilary and the Democrats. Many would prefer not to discuss the liberal legislative agenda Trump and the establishment have planned for us. The same liberal stuff the Democrats and Obama have been talking about and proposing. It's pretty obvious the policies don't really matter rather than who is implementing them.

I'm a proud conservative. I believe in the American people not big government. I don't change my believes from one election to another.
I doubt anything Trump will do will make you happy. He wasn't my choice for the top spot but now that he is in office I will support him. He is an improvement over Obama and not a Democrat so we have made improvement towards a more Conservative agenda. One step at a time and when the smoke clears we should be in a much better place. I, along with many in America are more comfortable in the middle of the road rather than at either right or left extreme.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:14 AM
Dominant Buck

I doubt anything Trump will do will make you happy. He wasn't my choice for the top spot but now that he is in office I will support him. He is an improvement over Obama and not a Democrat so we have made improvement towards a more Conservative agenda. One step at a time and when the smoke clears we should be in a much better place. I, along with many in America are more comfortable in the middle of the road rather than at either right or left extreme.
First, that isn't true, he has done some goods things. I just don't choose to slobber all over this little guy for tat stuff. Second, America isn't middle of the road at all. In fact, America is conservative above all other things. You should take note, the good folks slobber all over are conservative ideas not liberal ideas. It was the conservatives who put Trump in office as well as gave the Republican establishment both chambers of Congress. We want, no we demand, Washington follow through on what they ran on. Repeal of Obamacare. Entitlement reform. Reduce spending and get our deficits under control. The entitlement programs begin to go belly up. Medicaid, Medicare and SS are all driving our debt along with now Obamacare (Trumpcare if they pass it). These programs need to be fixed and fixed now before the system crashes.
Old 03-15-2017, 04:40 AM
Dominant Buck

Well I disagree. America could plainly see the liberal lean America took under 8 years of Obama wasn't to their liking. I believe if a long run of GOP rule were to happen there would be a correction steering America back to the left with a final resting place of middle of the road. That same dynamic is what got Obama in office...people wanted change. The checks and balances of left/ right political parties gives the voters the ability to keep the ship inside the center channel where things get done. Seeing those entitlements go away isn't going to happen at least in the immediate future and if and when it disappears something else will take the place. America is getting older and there is no way that voter block will allow Medicare/ Medicaid, and Social Security to be removed. The funding might change but I doubt any political party could remove it.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 03-15-2017 at 04:43 AM.
Old 03-15-2017, 06:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Mousey's not getting his way and is all in a flutter about it! I personally find that funny.

Sometimes I wonder where his true allegiance lies?

Last edited by flags; 03-15-2017 at 07:27 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.