Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
DoJ to switch sides on Texas voter-ID lawsuit >

DoJ to switch sides on Texas voter-ID lawsuit

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

DoJ to switch sides on Texas voter-ID lawsuit

Old 02-27-2017, 01:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default DoJ to switch sides on Texas voter-ID lawsuit

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/02/2...er-id-lawsuit/

File this under “elections have consequences.” Attorneys for a voting rights group found that the new management of the Department of Justice has a much different view of voter-ID laws than it did during the Obama administration. The DoJ informed the Campaign Legal Center today that it plans to withdraw from a lawsuit against a recent Texas voter-ID requirement, leaving them on their own:...
Old 02-27-2017, 01:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

This should wind up the libs who don't mind illegals voting!
Old 02-27-2017, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

It will be amusing to see this legal center pay for their own lawsuit.
Old 02-27-2017, 08:24 PM
Dominant Buck

NC the newly elected Govenor tried to dismiss the attorneys who were representing the state in its voter ID laws. You see the Govenor was the AG who refused to do his job. So the legislature went out and hired a private firm. Well the Govenor was just informed he doesn't have the authority to dismiss the law firm. So let's pray we get some sanity bout back into our election process.
Old 02-28-2017, 03:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

I like how, in the original text, the dips who brought the suite in the first place said the government had done a complete 360. What mathematical illiterates. It was also interesting to note the amazement of that group, as if there could be no alternative perspective other than their open borders program posing as something it is not -- support for voting rights. Really, in terms of voting rights, aren't voting rights more strongly supported by making election fraud more difficult (e.g., protecting the voting rights of lawful voters who don't want their vote diluted by voter fraud) than in making it possible to vote for idiots who can't scare up a legal personal identity card?

Yah. That's right! Give a thought to the rest of us who DO comply with a modest requirement of presenting identity and registering to vote -- protecting our voting rights by preventing fraud is ALSO a voters rights matter.

Last edited by Alsatian; 02-28-2017 at 03:55 AM.
Old 02-28-2017, 04:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think the liberals want illegals voting either. I think their concern is that safeguards against illegals voting such as a photo ID will keep a lot of legal voters from voting. I consider myself liberal but I do not agree with this concept. I think if someone does not want to make the effort to obtain a photo ID then they have made the decision not to vote. There is other concerns that need to be addressed too, such as voting in more then one state or precinct, voting in place of someone else(sometimes for dead folks), etc. Our election process should be protected from those that would abuse it.
Old 02-28-2017, 04:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

Please tell us how a photo ID card would keep a legal voter from voting? The left has been trying to sell that load of garbage for years. The premise is stupid on its face and exactly the kind of weak nonsense the left is known for. You stated you don't buy into the idea, but being a liberal, could you tell us what would make a liberal even think voter ID would prevent citizens from voting? There could be no other reason for opposing proof of who you are when you vote other than the left wanting new voters who will for for their give away programs keeping them and their lackeys in office.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 02-28-2017 at 04:25 AM.
Old 02-28-2017, 04:25 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Jenks View Post
I don't think the liberals want illegals voting either. I think their concern is that safeguards against illegals voting such as a photo ID will keep a lot of legal voters from voting. I consider myself liberal but I do not agree with this concept. I think if someone does not want to make the effort to obtain a photo ID then they have made the decision not to vote. There is other concerns that need to be addressed too, such as voting in more then one state or precinct, voting in place of someone else(sometimes for dead folks), etc. Our election process should be protected from those that would abuse it.
Nonsense!

Can you name anyone, or any group of American Citizens that do not already have a photo ID?

Please, don't say the poor. Load of crap. To collect Entitlement Benefits one must have a Photo ID. To use the EBT card for purchases one must have a photo ID.

To walk down the street one must be able to identify themselves with photo ID.
Old 02-28-2017, 04:49 AM
Fork Horn

There is only one reason and one reason alone, for anyone to oppose Photo ID and that is to enable Fraudulent Voting.

Whether it be voter fraud by Illegals, the Dead, the Non-person, multiple ballots, or the non-resident. It is all about FRAUD and has absolutely NOTHING to do with disenfranchised citizens and the poor.

Those that claim otherwise are either completely ignorant, part of the voter fraud scam, or both.
Old 02-28-2017, 04:53 AM
Fork Horn

A few years ago MN had a ballot referendum on whether the State should require Voter ID or not.

Those that opposed voter ID had to file a petition with XXX number of signatures to be valid.

Get this, they required a Photo ID to sign the petition against voter ID to vote.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.