Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
DoJ to switch sides on Texas voter-ID lawsuit >

DoJ to switch sides on Texas voter-ID lawsuit

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

DoJ to switch sides on Texas voter-ID lawsuit

Old 02-28-2017, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am enlightened!!! More Republicans then Democrats support voter ID laws. I agree with the majority, we need to safeguard the election process.

I am not savy to the "real" reasons for being against voter ID laws, I can only go by what they say. After that it is only speculation.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:09 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Jenks View Post
I don't think the liberals want illegals voting either. I think their concern is that safeguards against illegals voting such as a photo ID will keep a lot of legal voters from voting. I consider myself liberal but I do not agree with this concept. I think if someone does not want to make the effort to obtain a photo ID then they have made the decision not to vote. There is other concerns that need to be addressed too, such as voting in more then one state or precinct, voting in place of someone else(sometimes for dead folks), etc. Our election process should be protected from those that would abuse it.
I agree completely with emboldened part above. It's common sense and should be implemented. Regarding your statement of being a liberal (blue ink above), it sounds like you're more center-left as opposed to far left, etc. Possibly, you're even Libertarian.

As for the red ink passage above, I have to disagree. The Dem party and most liberals who are in the media don't ever seem to denounce the idea of illegals voting and instead just whine about discrimination. Their claim that requiring some form of photo ID will keep a lot of legal voters from voting is dishonest and a smoke screen.

Most people in this country drive and to do that legally, one needs a state issued photo ID known as a driver's license (otherwise you can get arrested). People with suspended licenses or even no license can get a state issued photo ID card through their state's respective DMV. When confronted with that information, liberals often claim many people don't have either card (License or ID card).

That is simply absurd. If you write a check, open a bank account, obtain a credit or debit card, open an account with any of your local utility companies, buy a car, buy a gun, get landline service, get cell phone service, cash your paycheck or obtain several other goods and services, you are required to produce some state issued photo ID (typically either a driver's license or an ID card). In short, if you want to participate in our society, you need an ID to accomplish that.

There is no law that requires you to carry ID with you and police are only legally allowed to detain you long enough to confirm your ID (usually through you being somewhere in the computer with a DL or ID card) but when you stop at your local stop and rob to cash your paycheck for, you need ID. And if you're buying beer wine, etc., you also need ID that shows you're over 21.

For the Dem argument to ring true, there would have to be some group of people who don't use any of the above services and exist outside of society. The Amish largely do that but they also don't vote if I've heard correctly. I'm not sure they would vote Democrat anyway so there's probably not a big push to address them.

Last edited by CalHunter; 02-28-2017 at 08:12 AM.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

I am enlightened!!! More Republicans then Democrats support voter ID laws.
And why is that? The DEMs actively encourage illegal voting. Don't you remember when none other than OBozo told them to go ahead and vote since the odds of getting caught were so slim? Remember that.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

I am not savy to the "real" reasons for being against voter ID laws, I can only go by what they say. After that it is only speculation.

That sounds to me like an evasion. We commonly do make judgments on things without perfect "beyond a reasonable doubt" evidence. For example, in the case of Hillary Clinton setting up an email server in her home, the only plausible explanation for that was she had something to hide. But liberal supporters say "O gee! All I know is what she has told us! After that it is only speculation!"

No, it is not speculation. It is a reasonable judgment made in the absence of total omniscient knowledge. The cookie jar is empty. I know I didn't empty the cookie jar. My wife says she didn't empty the cookie jar. My youngest child denies knowledge of what happened to the cookies. Do I make a judgment or do I say "It is only speculation!"

Again, that is an evasion, and I don't buy it. Maybe your left-wing news media and liberal elected officials and liberal left-wing voters buy that kind of juvenile explanation, but reasonable people do not.
Old 02-28-2017, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

In my part of the country, the Midwest, the Republicans seem to be entirely for photo ID to vote while the Democrats seem to be 100% against it. The Democrat reasoning that I have heard is that it would keep some legal voters from voting because they would not have the necessary means or mobility to get a photo ID. I have never heard anyone say that not having photo ID would aid their party by allowing illegal votes except as an accusation. I doubt if that position is largely held, if at all. In American politics it seems that those of both major parties seem to get so wrapped up in their party that they regard any opposition as sub-human. Read some of the above rhetoric as an example. Folks in families that do not always agree politically. Your aunts, uncles, teachers, church members and others that disagree politically with you are citizens and good Americans too. We need to remember that we are all in this together and nothing good will come out of trashing our neighbors. End of sermon.
Old 02-28-2017, 12:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

In my part of the country, the Midwest, the Republicans seem to be entirely for photo ID to vote while the Democrats seem to be 100% against it. The Democrat reasoning that I have heard is that it would keep some legal voters from voting because they would not have the necessary means or mobility to get a photo ID.

It is 2 years to the next federal election season and 4 years before the next presidential election. Are the DEMs in your area really ...Deleted by CalHunter... can't get an ID in a 700+ day time frame?

Last edited by CalHunter; 02-28-2017 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Rules 1, 2, 8 & 12--7-day temp ban.
Old 02-28-2017, 01:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Jenks, ...Deleted by CalHunter... It does show one thing though. It shows the disdain the left has for citizens of this country and their mistaken belief that they are too stupid to take care of themselves and why they should be run out of the country by any means necessary!!!

Last edited by CalHunter; 02-28-2017 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Rules 1, 2, 8 & 12--7-day temp ban.
Old 02-28-2017, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I live in the MidWest (Sorta anyway) and I am here to tell you that you are 100% incorrect in your assumptions about those here Jenks. Now, of COURSE they wont come out and say "we are against it so illegals can vote". Contrary to popular belief, libs aren't 100% stupid, just 100% misguided. But if ANYONE tries saying they don't have the means to get a photo ID, they are lying out of their rear ends. I know for a fact there are TONS of places to go to get state issued photo ID's and they are only $7.00. I know because I have one. I keep it in my ID wallet alongside my FOID and my CCWID. They are easy to obtain and there is absolutely NO logical reason anyone LEGAL can't get one. So please stop trying to promote that stupidity and ANYONE with a tiny brain cell still active knows it is 100% horse crap!!
Old 02-28-2017, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

...Deleted by CalHunter... Civil commentary is not commonly practiced here but I will try again. I support strict voter ID laws. Those that do not will not be defamed by me, it is not important to me why they hold their views.

Last edited by CalHunter; 02-28-2017 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Rules 8 & 12--Warning.
Old 03-02-2017, 03:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am enlightened!!! More Republicans then Democrats support voter ID laws. I agree with the majority, we need to safeguard the election process.

Get a life!