Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
DoJ to switch sides on Texas voter-ID lawsuit >

DoJ to switch sides on Texas voter-ID lawsuit

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

DoJ to switch sides on Texas voter-ID lawsuit

Old 02-28-2017, 05:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

Steve, pretty much anyone with a brain the size of a carrot seed doesn't by into the nonsense, or I should say, out right lie, that the poor or disadvantaged can't get a photo ID or would be inconvenienced by having to get one. When ever the left wants to oppose something or push something they trot out the poor, the children and the elderly. I doubt even they believe their own hype but liberals never had a problem with being disingenuous or lying!
Old 02-28-2017, 05:15 AM
Fork Horn

trot out the poor, the children and the elderly.
Minorities, don't forget the minorities.

Oh and today's narrative, "refugees" and "undocumented" aliens.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oldtimer, requiring a photo ID to vote is a conservative idea, the liberals are mostly against it.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:27 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Jenks View Post
Oldtimer, requiring a photo ID to vote is a conservative idea, the liberals are mostly against it.
Really, a Conservative Idea.

How about "protecting the sanctity of the Constitution" and what it means to be an American.

This is not about Right vs left, or Liberal vs Conservative, this is about Protecting the Constitution and the Right to Vote and what that right to vote stands for.

One citizen, One vote.

Ask yourself, why, Liberals and democrats are opposed to Voter ID?

Please no poor crapola.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Guys, I am for photo ID to vote. I think all citizens should have an ID card as the military has. Those that are illegal should be easier to find because they should not have a card. Those that counterfeit or steal cards should be punished severely. I believe that it is now legal to "walk down the street" without ID.
Old 02-28-2017, 06:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't think the liberals want illegals voting either. I think their concern is that safeguards against illegals voting such as a photo ID will keep a lot of legal voters from voting. I consider myself liberal but I do not agree with this concept. I think if someone does not want to make the effort to obtain a photo ID then they have made the decision not to vote. There is other concerns that need to be addressed too, such as voting in more then one state or precinct, voting in place of someone else(sometimes for dead folks), etc. Our election process should be protected from those that would abuse it.

You impute good intention to the liberals in this circumstance. I consider that hogwash. There is only one reason for fighting this provision, and that is maximize the numbers of liberal votes. Said in other words, their motivation is not altruistic but instead self-serving. They calculate on net that these low competence and/or illegal voters are much more likely to vote for their liberal or Democrat candidates than for conservative or Republican candidates. Self-serving.
Old 02-28-2017, 06:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

That would be the exact truth of the matter!
Old 02-28-2017, 07:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't think the liberals want illegals voting either. I think their concern is that safeguards against illegals voting such as a photo ID will keep a lot of legal voters from voting.
B.S B.S B.S.

How in the Sam Hill would an ID keep anyone from voting. Virtually every state if not every state will issue a free ID card for the purpose of voting. Plus you can't even set foot in any federal building without showing an ID card of some sort. Try buying a gun without an ID. You can't even get a library card without an ID card. I'm pretty sure you have to have some form of ID to get welfare or public assistance as well. Saying people can't get an ID card is beyond idiocy! Plus they have a couple of years to get one. It isn't like major elections just sneak up on people. They are pretty weel advertised and scheduled.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:21 AM
Fork Horn

Quote of the Day.

"We have to make sure that we can not just count the ballots but verify every name and signature. And I want to make sure that at the conclusion of all of our votes, that you, the members of this party, will be able to review those ballots.

Now as Voter ID is not a liberal thing and is something only Conservatives would require.

Who said the above quote?

Well I'm a gunna tell ya.

It was none other that Former DNC Chair Donna Brazile, explaining that the Democrat National Committee members would be required to show ID before voting to elect a new chairman over the weekend.

Funny how the Liberal demand ID to avoid Fraud in their own little pathetic groups, but refuse to allow voter ID when it really matters in a nation election.

Can Jenks said the words "Liberals are Hypocrites"?
Old 02-28-2017, 07:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Agani: BS BS BS

Here is the link to a Gallup poll that shows 80% approval for voter id laws.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/194741/fo...ly-voting.aspx

Did you read that? 80% The actual breakdown in the poll is: "Republicans (95%) overwhelmingly support them. Democratic support is more tepid, at 63%." This clearly shows even a majority of DEMs want voter ID laws. The article referenced by the OP also has a hyperlink to Gallup that notes Independents as approving of them at an 83% margin. Did you bother reading the article and following the hyperlink?

That will be all. Class is dismissed.

Last edited by flags; 02-28-2017 at 07:28 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.