Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
White House Blocks CNN... >

White House Blocks CNN...

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

White House Blocks CNN...

Old 02-24-2017, 02:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default White House Blocks CNN...

...... and others from Press Briefing.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/24/medi...gle/index.html

CNN and other news outlets were blocked on Friday from attending an off-camera White House press briefing that other reporters were hand-picked to attend, raising alarm among media organizations and First Amendment watchdogs.
The decision struck veteran White House journalists as unprecedented in the modern era, and escalated tensions in the already fraught relationship between the Trump administration and the press.
The New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, Politico and BuzzFeed were also among those excluded from the meeting, which was held in White House press secretary Sean Spicer's office. The meeting, which is known as a gaggle, was held in lieu of the daily televised Q-and-A session in the White House briefing room.
When reporters from these news organizations tried to enter Spicer's office for the gaggle, they were told they could not attend because they were not on the list of attendees.
In a brief statement defending the move, administration spokeswoman Sarah Sanders said the White House "had the pool there so everyone would be represented and get an update from us today."
The White House press pool usually includes representatives from one television outlet, one radio outlet and one print outlet, as well as reporters from a few wire services. In this case, four of the five major television networks -- NBC, ABC, CBS and Fox News -- were invited and attended the meeting, while only CNN was blocked.
And while The New York Times was kept out, conservative media organizations Breitbart News, The Washington Times and One America News Network were also allowed in.
I like this response from CNN.

"This is an unacceptable development by the Trump White House. Apparently this is how they retaliate when you report facts they don't like. We'll keep reporting regardless," CNN said in a statement.

Funny stuff right there.
Old 02-24-2017, 03:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

They are seeing their power disintegrating before their very eyes! It is a beautiful thing.
Old 02-24-2017, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Theyre a step below the Enquirer.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jerry d View Post
Theyre a step below the Enquirer.
I really wish people would stop insulting the Enquirer. That's my best source of information on alien insurrections and alien love children! Not to mention Elvis sightings!
Old 02-25-2017, 04:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by steve4102 View Post
...... and others from Press Briefing.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/24/medi...gle/index.html

I like this response from CNN.

"This is an unacceptable development by the Trump White House. Apparently this is how they retaliate when you report facts they don't like. We'll keep reporting regardless," CNN said in a statement.

Funny stuff right there.
Well now they know how it feels, what a bunch of hypocrites they select the garbage they want to report and now there all butt hurt when someone else does it. I think they should have banned them along time ago!
Old 02-25-2017, 05:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Freedom of the press means the govt cannot tell the press what to print. But it doesn't mean the govt has to give the press any actual info. The govt could pick a single news source to give the info to and let them disseminate it out if they want to. They are under no obligation to have every Tom, Dick and Harry of the news business at a briefing.

Trump should tell a bunch of the to either sit in the corner and color or go play in traffic if they insist on publishing garbage.
Old 02-25-2017, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Flags, couldn't agree with you more. CNN and others will never learn. They'd rather go out in flames wondering why.
My room mate watches CNN all the time. He's not completely asleep, but in a political sense, he never quits yawning. Meaningful political conversation w/this person is practically useless. I resigned myself to the fact that he'd rather remain in a constant state of political stupor. Can't win'em all.