Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

True?

Old 09-02-2016, 08:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default True?

I just received this in an email. I wonder if it's true.

The Media is Lying About Clinton's lead

Let's take a look at the facts that the media completely ignores or covers up. Instead, they have been giving Clinton the lead despite the fact that she can't get anyone to even show up to her rallies.

Clinton Rally In Omaha where she used mostly High School kids to fill the gym where a lot of her statements were incorrectly read from her teleprompter.

FACT #1: Trump has nearly three times the amount of followers on Facebook.

Trump: 12,174,358 likes.
Clinton: 4,385,959 likes.

Look what Trump's live stream videos do when compared to Hillary's.

Trump Live Stream Post - 21 hours ago: 135,000 likes, 18,167 shares, 1.5 million views

Clinton Live Stream Post - 25 hours ago: 9,000 likes, 0 shares, 121,000 views

That does not look good at all for her!

Fact #2: Trump has 18.6 million twitter followers.

Hillary Clinton has only 6.1 million.

The best part is that most of Hillary's are actually fake. According to the Washington Examiner, 41 percent of Hillary's "followers" are not even real people.

In contrast, The Daily Caller says that Trump's followers are 90% real with 90% of them having a previous voting record.

Fact #3: Trump averages 160k viewers per live stream. Clinton averages 400 viewers per live stream.

Wow. That is bad. Trump also gets 5,000 percent more eyeballs focused on the TV screen than Clinton. She really is that boring to the viewers.

Fact #4: Instagram.
Trump has 6.2 million followers.

Clinton has 800,000 followers.

Instagram is a platform with mostly all pictures and not much substance - exactly what Hillary supporters love. And still she does very poorly in this medium.

Fact #5: OnReddit.

Trump: 297,696 subscribers
Clinton: 21,429 subscribers
But on Hillary for Prison: she gets 255,228 subscribers.

Trump has more subscribers than Clinton on every major social media outlet but what is even funnier is that there are nearly 3 times as many people subscribed to "Hillary for Prison" than there are subscribed to the Clinton page.

The best part is that the DNC's leaked emails from WikiLeaks have proven that Clinton pays people to support her online. Trump supporters on the other hand willingly actually like and follow him on Social media.

Trump actually has the support of the people. He is going to win this election come November no matter what the mainstream media would like you to believe.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

I can't speak for anything other than what I see. I drive 94 miles each why to work here in TX and I have seen a total of 1 Broom Hilda bumper sticker and I've seen several hundred Trump/Cruz/Carson stickers. Not exactly scientific but interesting none the less.
Old 09-02-2016, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator

In my area I see far more trump supporters. Can't speak to those numbers being true or not. But my observation would indicate that.
-Jake
Old 09-02-2016, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator

Historically, the polls are right way more often than not. In a race like this, however, it's hard to use any poll as a likely guarantee of the November outcome. Yes, a majority of people dislike Hillary and Trump. A majority of people also think Hillary is dishonest and corrupt. A lot (not sure if it's a majority) think Trump can't be trusted in running foreign policy, nukes, etc. Those same people should take their blinders off and really consider why they would ever trust Hillary with the same--they shouldn't.

Those traditional polls are generally based on 2 candidates who are at least well liked and trusted by their respective parties. Hillary's party doesn't like or trust her. Trump's party for the most part doesn't think he even belongs in the party and many don't like him although a lot will "hold their nose" and vote for him.

It's tempting to say yeah the polls are right because they have been historically. But this year is so different and there are so many additional variables, it's hard to predict either one just walking away with a victory. I think it's going to be a lot closer than most think. And I'm really not sure who is going to win, no matter how many polls claim they have a crystal ball or hard data--there's just too much than can and will change many times over between now and November.

p.s. As for Twitter and Facebook users, many (not all) are younger people who historically don't show up to vote in large #'s. Which makes data like that suspect also.
Old 09-03-2016, 03:35 AM
Dominant Buck

I guess there is a pending wiki leaks bombshell which will impact the election or so I have read. I suspect it will be against Hillary. So far all during the Primary Trump looked like a joke, but somehow rose to the occasion and took that step and then the next and the next. His position always looks dire then somehow he wins. The momentum really counts in the end and timing is everything so I don't feel any polls right now mean an awful lot. I think people are watching him and waiting for him to make his mark looking like someone who could run the country. To some this has already happened and to others like myself still waiting. The reality of the situation is a vast majority of Americans are looking for a reason to not vote for Hillary.
Old 09-03-2016, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

There are indicators, like Trump getting an invitation from the President of Mexico. If the President of Mexico didn't think he was serious contender he wouldn't have bothered IMO.

Some of the traditional left leaning news sources and publications have been flip flopping some in there historic support for the Democratic party. IMO the smell is getting so strong they are finding it hard to ignore.

Few European or U.S. terrorist attacks. If I were a terrorist I'd do what I could not to have Trump in the White House, the crazy SOB just might start slinging nukes around. Any terrorist attacks between now and the election is likely to work in Trumps favor.
Old 12-13-2020, 06:53 AM
Spike

Can't speak to those numbers being true or not