Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Anti-gun reporter claims firing AR-15 gave him PTSD >

Anti-gun reporter claims firing AR-15 gave him PTSD

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Old 07-06-2016, 04:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default Anti-gun reporter claims firing AR-15 gave him PTSD

My 10 Year Old Daughter Is Tougher Than Gersh Kuntzman, Author of the Stupidest Thing on the Internet Today

"The recoil bruised my shoulder, which can happen if you don't know what you?re doing. The brass shell casings disoriented me as they flew past my face. The smell of sulfur and destruction made me sick. The explosions - loud like a bomb - gave me a temporary form of PTSD. For at least an hour after firing the gun just a few times, I was anxious and irritable."

That is a legit quote from an article written by the New York Daily reporter Gersh Kuntzman. The article was met with widespread ridicule from people on both sides of the political spectrum across the internet.

Among other stupid crap he said, he also referred to it multiple times as a machine gun and a fully automatic rifle. From what I've heard, he evidently released a follow up article where, rather than taking criticism and admitting he was wrong and sensationalist, he said all the ridicule he received was proof that Hillary should win the election.

Really? A dinky lil' AR bruised your shoulder? There are videos of people holding the same gun against their crotch and unflinchingly firing it. Then, you had the audacity to claim it gave you PTSD, a very real, debilitating condition? That's an insult to every single person who legitimately suffers from PTSD.

I would link you guys to the actual story, but the New York Daily doesn't deserve any more visits because of the idiotic, sensationalist garbage they call "articles".

You know, I'm usually a very patient person, even when faced with people who have vastly different opinions than myself. But this guy is just beyond my patience. It's taking a great deal of effort on my part not to resort to name calling, even though I have a handful of very apt descriptions that would fit him.
Old 07-06-2016, 06:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

In my last command before I retired from active duty we did a lot of live fire with M-4's which are basically the carbine model of the M-16. One of the gals in that command probably was less than 5 ft tall and weighed maybe 90 lbs with a pocket full of rocks. She shot expert with both the M-4 and the M-9 Beretta 9mm pistol. I know I wouldn't want her shooting at me and I don't think she had any PTSD either.
Old 07-06-2016, 07:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by flags View Post
In my last command before I retired from active duty we did a lot of live fire with M-4's which are basically the carbine model of the M-16. One of the gals in that command probably was less than 5 ft tall and weighed maybe 90 lbs with a pocket full of rocks. She shot expert with both the M-4 and the M-9 Beretta 9mm pistol. I know I wouldn't want her shooting at me and I don't think she had any PTSD either.
How about a little PMS once in a while, LOL!
Old 07-06-2016, 07:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006 View Post
How about a little PMS once in a while, LOL!
Never saw that either. She was a really sweet young gal. But like I said, I wouldn't want her shooting at me. She really was a very good shot even if the carbine was nearly as long as she was tall. The only thing she didn't shoot well was the M-2 50 cal. She had a hard time racking it back because she was so tiny.

By the way, she made Chief last year!
Old 07-07-2016, 05:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

My daughter shot EXPERT this past spring down at Parris Island at USMC bootcamp with the M-16. Not only EXPERT - but she was the highest scoring female out of the two female platoons! Got her name in the paper in SC and everything! Woo-hoo!! You know I was a proud papa! That's my girl!!!

...and to top it off, she made me so jealous because right after Parris Island, she had to report to Camp Lejeune, NC to go through MCT (Marine Combat Training). She fired grenade launchers and other heavy artillery, and the coolest thing... She fell in love with the M240 machine gun and had a ball with it!!

No fair!!! When I was in the Coast Guard, we never did anything like that! Waaaahhh...

LOL....
Old 07-07-2016, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gersh must be an incredible wuss. We have only one semi-auto rifle. It's an SKS made in Yugoslavia I got back when I had a C & R license.
It fires 7.62 x 39 ammo. Mrs. cr422 (aka sachiko) handles it with ease, although it is a little big for her in terms of reach. For those who don't know, she is four foot seven and weighs about 72 pounds. Our daughters, eight and six also love to shoot, although like Mama, they are quite small for their ages, and have difficulty reaching the trigger on most of our guns.

Both Mama and our girls are excellent shots, better than me. Although that's partly due to my vision not being what it used to was.
Old 07-07-2016, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I read the article AND his follow-up article which is linked at the bottom of his original, just after his disclaimer about being sorry for using the "PTSD" nomenclature for his short termed anxiety, etc.

I don't know for sure, but would venture to say he's not fired many guns at all in his life, and must have had very poorly fitted hearing protection. Also, must have had incredibly poor shooting form to be bruised by an AR-15 ... don't know how that can happen unless you are taking blood thinners and holding the stock 1/2 inch off your shoulder before every shot.

Everyone of us here, that has fired an AR-15, knows his article is full of exaggeration and falsehoods. The press are relentless in their campaign to deceive.
Old 07-07-2016, 07:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

As are every article on "assault rifles" written by liberals!
Old 07-07-2016, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot my ARs to relax after the PTSD I get from listening to Obama and other gun grabbing liberals (sorry for the redundancy).