Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Trump, "Banning Muslims was just a suggestion" >

Trump, "Banning Muslims was just a suggestion"

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Trump, "Banning Muslims was just a suggestion"

Old 05-12-2016, 05:45 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Trump, "Banning Muslims was just a suggestion"

Despite this article getting it wrong like many others in calling a ban unconstitutional, it's not in the least, it now seems Trump never was serious about the ban in the first place. No surprises there for those of us who saw right through Trump's con job.

http://www.redstate.com/brandon_mors...st-suggestion/

Flip-Flops Galore: Trump Now Saying Banning Muslims Was “Just a suggestion”

Now that he’s the only guy in the race, Trump is free to walk back whatever he wants, and man is he taking advantage of the freedom.

The latest thing he’s now softening on was a promise that attracted many a supporter to his cause in the first place. You’ll recall the pledge he made to ban all muslims? It was a headline grabbing media sensation that had everyone talking, and many nodding their heads in agreement.

Here he is saying “we have no choice” to a cheering crowd as he reads his position as reported by an outlet.

It was a position that other Republicans, including Republican Speaker of the House Paul Ryan, felt the need to step out and denounce it. Not only was it a ridiculous idea that would never fly, it was against the very American values we uphold. Instituting religious tests? Can we close that door once it’s open?

Well, now Trump now doesn’t seem to have the same gumption as Trump then. Surprised? By now, I hope not.

As reported by Fox News, Trump is now stating that his ban the muslims pledge was just a suggestion.

‘We have a serious problem, it’s a temporary ban, it hasn’t been called for yet, nobody’s done it, this is just a suggestion until we find out what’s going on,’ said Trump.

Those who supported Trump for his hard stances must now live with the fact that “hard stance” does not mean the same thing to Trump as it does to anyone else. Regardless, this will likely be written off as Trump playing politics until he can assume power and come through with every promise that ever left his lips.

How he’ll do that without breaking constitutional law is anyone’s guess, but one thing they should ask themselves is that if Trump is willing to soften an issue thought so important by his followers, then how effective of a leader do they figure he’ll be? If he’s not willing to to carry through on a promise he claims he has no choice in, what’s left to believe?

Cult on, I guess.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:58 AM
Fork Horn

I see nothing wrong with what he said then, or what he's saying now, and I don't see it as a "flip flop." The goal is for Trump to beat Clinton. Why wouldn't he try to gain the support of all the people who freaked out about the idea of banning people from coming to our country based on their religious beliefs?
Old 05-12-2016, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you drill down into what Trump said it makes sense. In many Arab countries you need an exit visa to get out of the country. If you were an Arab country, it would be in your best interest to make that easy for the radicals.

Stopping all entry Visas into the U.S. for Muslims would almost force the home nations of those wishing a visa into the U.S. to vet them before issuing an exit visa. One more step, they likely know who the radicals are better than we could.

Not perfect but better than nothing.

Arab Christians are unlikely to be a problem.

There could be a test, Kiss the Bible, eat a BLT, play a Guitar, make them put on a Monkey costume or draw a picture of Mohammed.

The Saudis (Wahabi) the Syrians (Sunni) the Persians (Shi'ite) and other governments are all in bed with religion to some degree. And tend to ignore the radicals as long as they export their poison and don't try to destabilize the home government.

Some of what Trump says sounds kind of out there, but like I said, if you drill down and think it through, really not such a bad idea.
Old 05-12-2016, 07:06 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by bdan68 View Post
I see nothing wrong with what he said then, or what he's saying now, and I don't see it as a "flip flop." The goal is for Trump to beat Clinton. Why wouldn't he try to gain the support of all the people who freaked out about the idea of banning people from coming to our country based on their religious beliefs?
I will fix your statement for you from yesterday:

Maybe he will and maybe he won't Keep terrorists out to keep us safer. It really doesn't matter to me.
Old 05-12-2016, 07:35 AM
Typical Buck

Trumpers always have an answer--it does not matter,, he didn't mean it-- but if someone In primaries said anything trump and trumpettes were all over it---Lyin Ted---for example--name 3 I dare you not imaginary or someone thought I want real proof, Liberals always were known as the emotional voters---Now we got trumpettes same emotional answers and excuses Unreal how this has come to Conservatives
Old 05-12-2016, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Hatfield Hunter View Post
Trumpers always have an answer--it does not matter,, he didn't mean it-- but if someone In primaries said anything trump and trumpettes were all over it---Lyin Ted---for example--name 3 I dare you not imaginary or someone thought I want real proof, Liberals always were known as the emotional voters---Now we got trumpettes same emotional answers and excuses Unreal how this has come to Conservatives
Those of us who support Trump may need to make something clear. We don't see him as our political Messiah who can do no wrong. It's really much simpler than that. We see him as decidedly preferable to the representatives of the Republican establishment like, Mitt Romney, Jeb Bush, or Ted Cruz, and certainly preferable to Clinton.

And, unlike Paul Ryan, who holds his office based on the votes of a very small chunk of Wisconsin, Trump has garnered the support of millions of Americans.
Old 05-12-2016, 07:56 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by cr422 View Post
Those of us who support Trump may need to make something clear. We don't see him as our political Messiah who can do no wrong. It's really much simpler than that. We see him as decidedly preferable to the representatives of the Republican establishment like, Mitt Romney, Jeb Bush, or Ted Cruz, and certainly preferable to Clinton.

And, unlike Paul Ryan, who holds his office based on the votes of a very small chunk of Wisconsin, Trump has garnered the support of millions of Americans.
Served to you on a silver platter by the media.
Old 05-12-2016, 12:33 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
Served to you on a silver platter by the media.
Not just the media, but I'd say the Internet and smart phones have a lot to do with it as well. Never in history have voters ever been so well informed. In the past the Republican Party probably found it much easier to manipulate voters and the party leaders could get away with picking the party's nominee regardless of who the voters would have preferred. Never before have the people been as aware of the political corruption that exists in our country. This is why both Trump and Bernie Sanders are doing so well. Yes, without the media, the Internet, and smart phones we would still be out of touch and still in the dark.
Old 05-12-2016, 02:30 PM
Dominant Buck

LMAO, then what happened to you? Why is you need to Google someone else's opinion and co-op as your own?
Old 05-12-2016, 02:52 PM
Fork Horn

What happened to me? I became educated, and I have technology to thank for that, as I already stated. You however, have a dislike for Google, and I would assume along with that comes a dislike for all new technology. Thus, why you are still in the dark, and why you still trust the establishment Republicans like Mitt Romney.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service