Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

"my husband is an immigrant"

Old 05-01-2016, 04:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default "my husband is an immigrant"

In the words of Heidi Cruz......

Last I checked an immigrant can't be POTUS? Just saying....
Old 05-01-2016, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator

If I've read the stories correctly, that's incorrect. Cruz' father was an immigrant, not Ted Cruz himself. Sounds like she needs a fact checker.
Old 05-01-2016, 04:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

If I've read the stories correctly, that's incorrect. Cruz' father was an immigrant, not Ted Cruz himself. Sounds like she needs a fact checker.
I think you're right. I just found it funny. He was a born Canadian. Denounced his Canadian citizenship in 2014 when he finally wanted to be a United States citizen.
Old 05-01-2016, 05:38 PM
Dominant Buck

Lol, if you haven't noticed, all the challenges have failed. Cruz is a natural born citizen. Next.

You should go back to listing the lies. Ooops, my bad. You're still zero on that one too.
Old 05-01-2016, 10:59 PM
Super Moderator

I think his original point was that Heidi Cruz misspoke, which she apparently did in Indiana. This is a link at fox news on the topic although it's apparently widely carried through the MSM. I don't think it would (or should) change anybody's mind about Cruz and it's certainly not a reason to vote for or against Cruz. That's a decision that should be issues and position based. The wife and I plan to vote for Cruz in our primary (June in CA) and expect that our choice in November is likely going to be Trump or Hillary. Since Hillary is a non-starter, that will be a quick decision.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/05/0...-campaign-stop
Old 05-02-2016, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

if a couple of Mexican's slip across the border and 2 weeks later she gives birth ,,,, is that child a US citizen or is the child Mexican citizen

Fieldmouse ?
Old 05-02-2016, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ranger77 View Post
if a couple of Mexican's slip across the border and 2 weeks later she gives birth ,,,, is that child a US citizen or is the child Mexican citizen

Fieldmouse ?
The evident intention, and the necessary effect, of the submission of this case to the decision of the court upon the facts agreed by the parties were to present for determination the single question stated at the beginning of this opinion, namely, whether a child born in the United States, of parent of Chinese descent, who, at the time of his birth, are subjects of the Emperor of China, but have a permanent domicil and residence in the United States, and are there carrying on business, and are not employed in any diplomatic or official capacity under the Emperor of China, becomes at the time of his birth a citizen of the United States. For the reasons above stated, this court is of opinion that the question must be answered in the affirmative.
Based on the landmark decision in this matter, U.S. v Wong, I think one could make the case that the child in your example does not acquire U.S. citizenship. Note the additional qualifications in bold.
Old 05-02-2016, 06:46 AM
Dominant Buck

Fieldmouse ?
That's would be a Mexican citizen. What's you point? This has nothing to do with the dact Cruz is a natural born citizen.

The what was it, the 15th amendment never was meant for illegals to determine they could have a US citizen. They never intended a birthclinic to be set up right on the border where the mother points her vagina towards USA and pushes that baby out onto US Soil.

It's sad to watch the media pick our candidate once again. From Fox to the Drudge report, they are all in for Trump aling with the other news outlets. Of course the others are all in for Hilary and they want Trump. Fox and Drudge will be interesting to see what will happen with them if Trump does survive his weak showing in the primary and moves forward.
Old 05-02-2016, 07:22 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by cr422 View Post
Based on the landmark decision in this matter, U.S. v Wong, I think one could make the case that the child in your example does not acquire U.S. citizenship. Note the additional qualifications in bold.
this why we need a convention of the states. The Supreme Court was never supposed to be the end all of these decisions. We need away for the citizens to over rule the SC. 9 people in black robes have a long history of getting things wrong.
Old 05-02-2016, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fieldmouse ?
They are Mexican citizens. Article 30 of the Mexican Constitution is as follows:

Article 30.
Mexican nationality is acquired by birth or by naturalization:
A. Mexicans by birth are:
I. Those born in the territory of the Republic, regardless of the nationality of
their parents:
II. Those born in a foreign country of Mexican parents; of a Mexican father and
a foreign mother; or of a Mexican mother and an unknown father;

III. Those born on Mexican vessels or airships, either war or merchant vessels.
B. Mexicans by naturalization are:
I. Foreigners who obtain letters of naturalization from the Secretariat of
Foreign Relations;
II. A foreign woman who marries a Mexican man and has or establishes her
domicile within the national territory.
C. Davis

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service