Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
My opinion, but your views are welcome >

My opinion, but your views are welcome

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

My opinion, but your views are welcome

Old 04-27-2016, 05:56 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by NY Bowhunter View Post
The party establishment would rather have Hillary as POTUS than Trump. Sad but true.
Lol, because the news media has been saying that for weeks while selling advertising space?

No, the media isn't picking our canadate this time. I must be imagining things.
Old 04-27-2016, 05:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

Lol, because the news media has been saying that for weeks while selling advertising space?

No, the media isn't picking our canadate this time. I must be imagining things.
I havent' heard the media say that once
Old 04-27-2016, 05:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

FM you seriously have to get over the media influencing everyones brain. People are making decisions for themselves. And it's really not that hard to see.
Old 04-27-2016, 06:01 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by NY Bowhunter View Post
I havent' heard the media say that once
On my bad, you should check your car for bugs then.
Old 04-28-2016, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Back to Flags original post, I have two issues with it:

1) The polls. They don't count because they are asking a rhetorical question, the people simply can't imagine it actually happening, their candidate losing. Sure they don't like the other guy, but asking something like "suppose your guy loses to "that guy", would you vote for "that guy" anyway? Is a non-sense question. Until they are actually having to make that decision, for real, they won't be making it.

2) People have short memories. The turmoil and fighting will soon be over, one way or another, then there is several months until November. The messages will shift, the tones and targets will shift, all will be if not forgotten, faded into the background.

Of course all that could be wrong if whomever loses doesn't go quietly after the convention.
Old 04-28-2016, 01:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Another issue with polls. Who responds? I get unidentified phone calls from 8xx sources frequently at the office. I send them immediately to voice mail. Are some of those polling institutions?
Old 04-28-2016, 01:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

LOL. In any case it looks like the end game is nearly here. All the wailing and gnashing of teeth about Trump may soon be over. Personally I think he will do much better versus Hillary than either Cruz or Kasick. A large part of the electorate fears Cruz is an ultra far-right, religious zealot. Kasick seems to have no more backbone and stuffing than Romney had. As to how well Trump will govern if elected, there is only one way to know. I will say the bar to exceed his predecessors over the last 25 years is not too high.

Last edited by Alsatian; 04-28-2016 at 01:57 PM.
Old 04-28-2016, 03:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Put "petty" differences aside.

This election is imperative if we are going to continue to call it the United States of America !!!
Old 04-30-2016, 02:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Flag's has made some very good points! But at this point, I think that it's too late for a Cruz/Trump or Trump/Cruz ticket, too much mud has been slung!
The only thing we can hope for is that there will be healing between the convention and the elections. For 30-40% of the conservative vote to stay home on election day, just because their man didn't win the nomination is just plain stupid and political suicide!
The only thing that would accomplish is giving hitlery the Oval Office, then she can just finish obozo's work to destroy the Constitution and what's left of America!
I'd just as soon go and vote for Pee Wee Herman, Rocky & Bullwinkle or Barney Fife, than to stay at home and see broomhilda klintoon become president!
Old 04-30-2016, 02:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Note to Conservatives: If you stay at home and don't vote, you ARE voting for broomhilda klintoon!
P.S. If you do stay home, place your guns, ammunition, your freedom and your Constitutional Rights on the front porch! It will make it easier for confiscation purposes!

Last edited by JagMagMan; 05-01-2016 at 08:42 AM. Reason: spelling

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service