Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Desperation!!! Alias # 71 Bites the Dust!!! >

Desperation!!! Alias # 71 Bites the Dust!!!

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Desperation!!! Alias # 71 Bites the Dust!!!

Old 04-25-2016, 07:14 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by flags View Post
He's Back. PM sent to CAL
And he's out of here. I left the OP post since so many people were discussing the Op topic and the conversation was morphing into side topics. He had a 2nd alias that was permabanned also.

Cal
Old 04-25-2016, 07:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by CalHunter View Post
And he's out of here. I left the OP post since so many people were discussing the Op topic and the conversation was morphing into side topics. He had a 2nd alias that was permabanned also.

Cal
Dang it, I was hoping he was actually part of Bartlein so I could get dealer pricing from him!
Old 04-25-2016, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

[QUOTE=Fieldmouse;4255815][QUOTE=Mickey Finn;4255814]
yeah, and so what? Many more are convinced he isn't which is why he has only won the majority in his own state which as I already pointed out was a dismal showing.
I'm pretty sure Trump has done OK.
no, it's going to be very clear in the coming months as he moves back to his normal comfortable left positions.
This sounds like the makings of the Mother of all conspiracy theories. Whatever happened to the guy that came around with all of those wild conspiracy theories? Kind of miss him or her.

No actually, the state parties are made up of grassroots folks. Which is why Ted is cleaning up in the delegate count. As for people jumping on board, most are sitting it out in overwhelming numbers.
WOW. I'm not sure what to say here. I thought Trump had a pretty healthy delegate pile going there.

I've noticed you keep mentioning "grass roots". We saw this as before as the TEA party was being taken over by special interest groups. Yet all I see are GOP ole guard working on scheme after scheme to derail Trump. Each seems to fail as a result of his you guessed it, grass roots support.

Hmmm.
Old 04-26-2016, 05:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Until Trump voluntarily relinquishes the 48 delegates he won in Texas, I'm going to consider him a complete phony.

In Trump speak, Cruz got hundreds and hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of thousand more votes than Trump in Texas, and somehow Trump gets 48 delegates. How corrupt is that? Trump has benefited greatly from the process, and he acts the victim.

Cruz beat him in Texas by almost as many votes Trump got in New York. I can tell you right now. Texas is much more relevant than any state in the North East going into the general for the Republicans.

Trump's only chance of beating Hillary in New York is if he goes to the left of her. I would not be surprised to see him do it. He has already said 'I'm Capable of Changing To Anything I Want to Change To.' I believe he thinks his New York values can carry him to the end. That is not going to happen.

Should he win the nomination, the media (who is treating him like their darling now) will drop him faster and harder than they did McCain. In fact they have a great incentive to teach him a lesson for playing them for a fool during this primary season. It will all be so unfair. His supporters will be outraged. I will be forced to vote for him.
But he will still be the loser.

C. Davis
Old 04-26-2016, 05:13 AM
Little Doe Peep

Wink

This is an interesting topic so I thought I would come out of retirement briefly to make a couple of observations.

It seems like Trump is the one with the grass roots support. Cruz does okay in the caucuses run by the party bosses. But Trump wins in the primaries where regular people like us get to vote.

Michigan uses drivers license/state ID card list for jury duty. My husband says they used voter registrations in the past, but too many people were not voting in order to avoid jury duty.

If voting is not a right, why do they call it the Voting Rights Act of 1965? We have lots of rights that are not enumerated in the Constitution.

The efforts by the Republican establishment to stop Trump may backfire on them. My husband is very close to deciding that we will vote for Trump even if he does not get the nomination. That would certainly not decide an election. But if a significant number of people should feel the same way, that would be a real problem for the Republican establishment.

We have decided that we are not exactly what you would call Republicans. So we do not really care if Trump is not a True Republican.
Old 04-26-2016, 05:17 AM
Dominant Buck

[QUOTE=Mickey Finn;4255851][QUOTE=Fieldmouse;4255815]
Originally Posted by Mickey Finn View Post
I'm pretty sure Trump has done OK.
yes in the delegate count but not in the vote count. He has only a single state. Yes, he has a chance to win finally a few more states but these are NE states. When did the fact a NE Republican can't win ever change?
This sounds like the makings of the Mother of all conspiracy theories. Whatever happened to the guy that came around with all of those wild conspiracy theories? Kind of miss him or her.
Trumps own words. His campaign manager's own words. Remember, there is a NY times recording that is reported to have Trump saying the wall is negotiable. Deportations are negotiable. He really doesn't hold fast to these beliefs and its all for the primary. Do you think that is important enough his voters should know this before going to the polls? All Trump has to do is tell them to release the tape so any confusion would be cleared up.

Trump also on the campaign trail has said he can be anyone he wants to be. He can just change on a dime. Those were his words not mine. You couple that with Trumps long held beliefs in gun control, abortion and government run healthcare, these aren't core republican views. Go read his plans for healthcare. Its going to be cheaper, everyone is going love it, everyone will be covered and you can keep your doctor. Gee, where have I heard this one before?

His campaign manger was down at the RNC meeting last week. Have you heard anything about that meeting? He told them Trump was just putting on an act. He doesn't believe the process is rigged. He's looking forward to working with the establishment and his positions will be changing. Isn't this important stuff for his voters to know? I've got RR sick of politicians as usual. Sure sounds like Trump is same ol same ol.
WOW. I'm not sure what to say here. I thought Trump had a pretty healthy delegate pile going there.
I was referring to the rest of America. They will sit everything out. However, while Trump has a healthy lead right now, the magic number is 1237. He doesn't get it, Cruz has done an awesome job with the grassroots and has won many more delegates who are very loyal to him.
I've noticed you keep mentioning "grass roots". We saw this as before as the TEA party was being taken over by special interest groups. Yet all I see are GOP ole guard working on scheme after scheme to derail Trump. Each seems to fail as a result of his you guessed it, grass roots support.

Hmmm.
that's a flat out lie about the Tea party. What special interest groups? Did you notice or were you a sleep and these years? The President of the United States used the power of the federal government to go after his political enemies?

You may laugh about that but its not funny for the Tea Party folks who found themselves the target of the IRS, FBI, OSHA and other federal agencies. That use to be a crime to most folks. They not only went after the leaders but also the donors. It's still going on today. Just a few months ago the Federal Judge admonished the IRS for targeting and said their data can't be trusted. They still haven't process all the paper work. Do you think this has had any impact on the Tea Party?

Furthermore, the old guard (not the grassroots that have been putting Ted Cruz Delegates in place) cut a deal with Obama. McConnell cut a deal last year during the budget bill which massively increased the amount of money that can be given to the Senate RNC fund. Before it was capped at around 30k. Now its around 350k each. That is now a huge war chest McConnell has at his finger tips to only allow his personally selected candidate in each Senate primary through. It use to be the RNC stayed out of primaries. Not anymore. They are making sure no new Tea Party folks can make it through the process and targeting those there with challengers to defeat them. Does this sound American?

Trump is all about this kind of stuff. He has been one of the guys pulling the strings all these years. Which is why he is an insider. Ted Cruz is the one person who has stood up to this stuff. He has the scares to prove it. I know you like the same ol same ol in Washington. It good to know there are other folks out here ready to put skin in the game to change it.

Last edited by Fieldmouse; 04-26-2016 at 05:33 AM.
Old 04-26-2016, 05:47 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by sachiko View Post
This is an interesting topic so I thought I would come out of retirement briefly to make a couple of observations.
Welcome back and congratulations on obtaining your Doctorate.
It seems like Trump is the one with the grass roots support. Cruz does okay in the caucuses run by the party bosses. But Trump wins in the primaries where regular people like us get to vote.
far from it. Trump has only one state under his belt where he won the majority. He is loosing in the grassroots support side because it's the grassroots folks who are involved and are sending Cruz delegates to the convention. BTW, the party bosses don't run these things. Have you ever attended? You neighbor does. I don't think you would call the 70 year old lady who is the Chairwomen of the district a party boss.
Michigan uses drivers license/state ID card list for jury duty. My husband says they used voter registrations in the past, but too many people were not voting in order to avoid jury duty.
Yep, I guess every state is different however, it doesn't change the fact that the government keeps a record of your voting in every election. The parties have access to those same records. Which is why the flier said, "Public Voting Record".
If voting is not a right, why do they call it the Voting Rights Act of 1965? We have lots of rights that are not enumerated in the Constitution.
Why is Obamacare's official tittle "The Affordable Care Act"?
The efforts by the Republican establishment to stop Trump may backfire on them. My husband is very close to deciding that we will vote for Trump even if he does not get the nomination. That would certainly not decide an election. But if a significant number of people should feel the same way, that would be a real problem for the Republican establishment.
and? What about the majority of voters who don't want Trump? What about the voters who know the fraud he is when it comes to his positions? I listed about his long held positions which he only recently changed. Then his own words, I can change on a dime. Also, what about this NY Times recording which supposedly has his number one reason folks were voting for him, the wall and deportation are really that important to him? Then his campaign manager admitting its all an act?

Fact is, the grassroots doesn't want Trump. He fails to get 1237 on the first vote and the grassroots take over. Its just a fact. I have said I will eat crow if Trump follows through on all is checks he is writing. I will also be here when he fails to cash them should he get the node to move forward.
We have decided that we are not exactly what you would call Republicans. So we do not really care if Trump is not a True Republican.
Depends which snake salesman shows up at the door in other words.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:26 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by 2A Armament1 View Post
Patently false! In order to become a naturalized citizen of the US you had to answer this question: “What is the most important right granted to U.S. citizens?” The correct answer according to the government was “The right to vote.”

http://www.brown.edu/Departments/Swe...itizenship.htm

You’re just squabbling over the semantics of privilege. The right/privilege distinction has been debunked. Rights aren’t rights if someone can take them away--they’re privileges. That’s all we’ve ever had in this country. In debating gay marriage, I’ve had people argue marriage isn’t a right because there are restrictions to marriage. Newsflash: all rights have restrictions. It’s the same with gun rights. We prohibit felons, the mentally ill, and foreign tourists from possessing firearms. We restrict firearm ownership by an arbitrary minimum age. So, the government can restrict a right if it has a governmental interest to do so.

Please cut and paste anywhere in the constitution that says voting is a right. Anywhere?

gay marriage isn't a right. Marriage itself isn't a right. It's a private contract between two people, a man and a woman. All we had was 5 people in black robes force their agendas on us. So if you want to go down this road, slavery was a right. So what happened?
Old 04-26-2016, 07:30 AM
Dominant Buck

Article 1 Section. 4 of the Constitution

The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Places of chusing Senators.

Last edited by Fieldmouse; 04-26-2016 at 08:58 AM.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

And he is back

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.