Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Government employees -- the true 1% >

Government employees -- the true 1%

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Government employees -- the true 1%

Old 08-25-2015, 04:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by nodog View Post
How do you feel about it? Historically the vet is treated poorly after they give service. What was the service, historically, they gave to protect?

I feel I earned ever penny of it. I spent a lot of time away from family, missed many important events such as births/deaths/weddings etc... And I lived under conditions that were less than those imposed on prisoners.

What is it you did for 25 years which would make you about 43 when you were at that point?

Not quite, I had broken service where I was in the reserves and then went back on active duty. Finally retired at 52. But what does age have to do with it when the years of service still add up to a quarter of a century?

Tell us all how efficient and conscientious of power the military is?

You still speak English and enjoy your rights and liberties. You tell me how efficient it is?

You people all defend a system you know is corrupt and for one reason, your own personal well being.

I know retired vets.

And? Do you think the few you know are indicative of all the vets that ever served? Are you really that foolish? When I enlisted I was promised certain things as long as I did what was asked of me. I di that for many years. When they asked me to deploy to the combat zone, I went. When they put me in situations where I was shot at, I returned fire. When I was faced with causing harm to another human being, I shot first and put them in the grave so I didn't have to lie in the grave myself. I did all that while you were back here in the USA being safe and spending time with your family and friends.

Now that I retired, I draw a monthly check and have medical coverage for myself and my family. I kept my part of the deal and so far they are keeping their part. Do you see an issue with that?

You people had better come to grips with the fact that as long as your vote means something, you mean something. This country is only a republic and dependent on your vote in theory.

Not sure where you're going here since I have voted in every election since I was 18. Do you think military members don't vote?

At any time the truth of what we are can be declared, we are an imperialistic nation and imperialism doesn't operate on votes. The bottom feeders like yourselves (no offense, just a description of your place on the chain) will be cut off so those in higher positions can live as the gods they believe themselves to be.

How do you figure I'm a bottom feeder? I served 25+ years and draw a check that I still pay taxes out of. By the way, I paid taxes while I was serving too. Additionally I still work full time as a high school teacher which means I am paying taxes on all that $$$ as well. How can somebody that works full time and pays all the taxes they are required to pay be a bottom feeder? Doesn't that make you one as well, assuming you have a job? What is it that you do? I don't believe you have ever told us. Why is that? Not proud of your choice?

It's the life you chose. Why did you chose it? Honestly why? Was it based on an educated ideal?

The idea that a person can make out in the military has been around for as long as I've been around and many went into it for that reason, typically not highly educated No offense.

No offense taken. After all, you're foolish and you just proved it. I grew up poor and wanted to better myself. There was no $$$ for college and my grades wouldn't allow a scholarship. I didn't want to plow fields or dig ditches so I donned a uniform.

By the way, my grades weren't that great because I didn't apply myself because I had little direction. I've since had my IQ tested and it is above 150. What is yours? I now have 2 college degrees and work in the education field. What was it you said you do? What high position have you garnered? What benefit do you provide society?

Besides, I believe the American way of life is worth defending and fighting for. After visiting 51 countries I have yet to see a better society that we have here. You may not appreciate the benefit of being American, but I and other service members do.
This dude is way beyond clueless. He is bordering on being flat out goofy.

Last edited by flags; 08-25-2015 at 04:18 AM.
Old 08-25-2015, 07:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by flags View Post
He does tend to leave one with that impression!
Old 08-25-2015, 07:42 AM
Super Moderator

For people who have never served in the military, the idea that a military member has signed a blank check to Uncle Sam with their life doesn't really compute. Most people try to understand things in life based on their own personal experience. Very few can look at somebody else's life and actually get it based just on empathy and understanding. You can tell them about the substandard living conditions and they just mentally ignore it. Now if you have them live like that for a few months or longer at a time, you would see some nut up, some just quit and the rest get a whole new respect for what the military deals with on deployment. Mere words on a page don't accurately describe the feeling of sand in everything, etc. while you're risking your life for our country. No, I never served over in the sandbox but I've talked to a lot of vets who did and would do it all over again. As I posted earlier, I believe I've talked with some vets quite different from those in nodog's survey sample.
Old 08-25-2015, 05:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by flags View Post
Feel better.

As for myself I take no pleasure in pointing out the obvious. Struggle against it while you can. I'd of told someone who asked what I did to bugger off, none of their business, you, not so smart.

The country/majority voter is against the government taker, how long before they elect people who go after them? You are that taker. I am not one of them. You know you hear it. The drums of anti government are beating loudly.

Soon someone will stand before the people and convince the people that abandoning the constitution for common sense makes sense and the people will vote away the constitution. It's old news, happened before.

Predictable as a fat man at a buffet and you know why? The fat man has no self control. See anybody today with self control?

Feel free to claim some kind of goofy on my part...for as long as you can. Might as well.
Old 08-25-2015, 06:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

No point in pointing it out since you apparently have no self control!
Old 08-25-2015, 06:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by CalHunter View Post
while you're risking your life for our country.
that's the thing, you may believe your risking your life for your country, in reality your risking your life for a myriad of other things you'd rather deny and no one can deny that.

We could talk about denying one's self and patriotism and never speak of the military.

What is the military? In the mind of the patriot the people should be more powerful than the government military or at least equivalent, hows that going? We've allowed the government to possess weapons of mass destruction while the people are disarmed of clips larger than 10 rounds. You fought for that?
Old 08-25-2015, 06:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Oldtimr View Post
No point in pointing it out since you apparently have no self control!
I'm getting something, I'm seeing something, I'm seeing a cord stuck. ...Deleted by CalHunter...

I deal with government employees, they are always going on about lunch. I remember one time that became ridiculous, while I waited they went on and on about how it was soup day.

I would never spend my day telling those I work for about lunch.

Last edited by CalHunter; 08-25-2015 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Rules 2 & 8--Warning.
Old 08-25-2015, 06:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm getting something, I'm seeing something, I'm seeing a cord stuck. I'm seeing a fat man who's either at a buffet or one who was just at a buffet offended by my comments.

I deal with government employees, they are always going on about lunch. I remember one time that became ridiculous, while I waited they went on and on about how it was soup day.

I would never spend my day telling those I work for about lunch.
...Deleted by CalHunter...

Last edited by CalHunter; 08-25-2015 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Rules 2 & 8--Warning.
Old 08-25-2015, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator

that's the thing, you may believe your risking your life for your country, in reality your risking your life for a myriad of other things you'd rather deny and no one can deny that.

We could talk about denying one's self and patriotism and never speak of the military.

What is the military? In the mind of the patriot the people should be more powerful than the government military or at least equivalent, hows that going? We've allowed the government to possess weapons of mass destruction while the people are disarmed of clips larger than 10 rounds. You fought for that?
Ah, so now you believe you know what's in other peoples' hearts when you've never met them and obviously couldn't know that. Logically, you only truly know what's in one person's heart--your own.

A person serving in the military doesn't get to pick and choose what laws they protect or not--they protect our country. It's up to each of us and the military through their votes to hold our government accountable. Too many people shirk that responsibility which is a large part of why we have the mess we do now. Denigrating the military and referring to them as "bottom feeders" is pretty shallow and self serving. It's also a disgusting post. Those military members over in the sandbox have been risking their lives just so you can have the freedom of speech to make such a callous and disgusting post.

You talk about magazine restrictions (there not clips unless you own an M-1 Garand) and other stupid government overreaching on 2nd amendment freedoms. What about YOU. What have you done to protect those freedoms, rein in government or bring about a positive change? You mention a handful of government employees you've witnessed talking about lunch plans and then automatically assign those same conversation topics to all the millions of other government employees. Based on what? Some statistical analysis, survey or other methodical means of making such a determination? You don't mention such analysis, just your denigration of many based on your alleged personal experience with a few.

You mention patriots while denigrating the military. What have you accomplished so far in your life that pushes forward a patriot agenda? What career have you made such a meaningful difference in? You disparage everybody else yet don't explain what you have done that is so meaningful in protecting our rights or even reducing the fed or any other government. For all we know, you might be a government employee who is unhappy that other people got to go to lunch before you and spoke about their lunch plans. More details please. If you want to point fingers at everybody else's service to our country, please finish introducing yourself.
Old 08-26-2015, 04:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Feel free to claim some kind of goofy on my part...
I don't need to claim it. You prove it every time you post. You're basically an internet coward taking cheap shots at others and what they do for a living while declining to say what you do. I'm betting you never had a job with any sort of responsibility assigned to it and that you've never been placed in a leadership role. All I see out of you is crying, whining and childish comments.

So, what was it you said you did for a living? What contribution have you made to the country? What sacrifice have you made? What did you say your IQ was? You insinuated that I was 'uneducated" but you seem to ignore my IQ of 150+ and my 2 college degrees. Want to compare GPAs? Do you know what GPA means?

Look up foolish in the dictionary. Then look in the mirror so you know what it looks like. By the way, if you're confused the mirror is that thing made of glass in the bathroom that reflects. Hopefully you know what the bathroom is but I'm kind of doubtful.

Cal invited you to:" please finish introducing yourself." Do you have the courage to do that? I don't believe you do.

Last edited by flags; 08-26-2015 at 04:07 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.