Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
"Trickle down" economics >

"Trickle down" economics

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

"Trickle down" economics

Old 08-28-2015, 02:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Mickey Finn View Post
Viva la Batallón de San Patricio!
Remember Wounded Knee and Sand Creek.
Old 08-28-2015, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flags View Post
Remember Wounded Knee and Sand Creek.
I do remember.
Old 08-29-2015, 02:46 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Oldtimr View Post
It seems Waddler doesn't remember the unfortunate term of Jimmy Carter. I however remember living across the street from a Sunoco gas station and not being able to fill my tank until my day came around and then having to sit in line. I actually saw vehicles running out of gas in the line. That was Jimmy Carters way of flexing toward Iran, Oil embargo and sticking it to Americans at home along with sticking to to the Americans held hostage by Iran. He was the most gutless worthless President in history, on course until Bobo came along. Thank goodness Carter was never ordered to let loose the Nuclear missiles on his Sub because I doubt he would have done it.
I do agree that Bush was worse than Carter.

Old 08-29-2015, 05:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

That would be reclaiming territory.
What a thing to say. Mexicans have no terrority to reclaim. The American-Mexican border has changed in history, it doesn't give them a right to settle anywhere in the US. Most of America was untouched by Spanish rule, as such, the descendants of the mixture of Middle American indigenous people and the Spainsh can stay in their home country name after them, Mexico.
Old 08-29-2015, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by d80hunter View Post
What a thing to say. Mexicans have no terrority to reclaim. The American-Mexican border has changed in history, it doesn't give them a right to settle anywhere in the US. Most of America was untouched by Spanish rule, as such, the descendants of the mixture of Middle American indigenous people and the Spainsh can stay in their home country name after them, Mexico.

Well, what's done is done. But you can't say the new nation of Mexico didn't have a pretty good claim.
Old 08-29-2015, 06:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well, what's done is done. But you can't say the new nation of Mexico didn't have a pretty good claim.
That's the truth. If it is settled then no one would still be fighting. Kind of like slavery which supposedly ended when the civil war did yet it still resulted in the C.R.M. 100 years later.

What most today don't realize in our issue driven/self absorbed society is things take time, generations to produce, whether for good or bad. Every action has a reaction, just because the reaction isn't immediate doesn't mean it isn't going to happen or isn't related.

It's why I give freedom the picture example of a pendulum. Equal freedom for all keeps it still and it's sweep a damage to none. Push it in favor of oneself and it will damage the pushed upon, but it will, in time swing back...and forth till freedoms demands are met and the pendulum given the time to stop. Takes 3-4 generations to come to a stop. Most today can only get a glimpse of that if it effects them and could careless it it doesn't touch them. It's why freedom for freedoms sake is what's to be protected, protecting our own flavor be it the second or whatever and not being as vigilant about all freedom is as destructive as doing nothing at all.

Pushing that pendulum in our own favor produces a government regulation that tries to stop it, it only slows it giving people the chance to do right. Everytime the brakes are applied (government) a bit more of the pendulum dies, that's how it works till their is nothing left, no freedom at all.

We blame government for the swinging pendulum when it clearly is not to blame for giving it the opportunity to regulate.

The pendulum swung hard when we took that territory from Mexico, it's still swinging. Make no mistake, it was already swinging hard down there due to the great abuse of freedom by the people who populated that area. We were the government sent down there to regulate. Same is going to happen here and if those incidents of the past are to be used as an example, the punishment we will receive in due time will be equal to or greater than the 55+ million of the most innocent among us have suffered. These things take time, but are as sure as the sunrise.
Old 08-29-2015, 06:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

My opinion of government is based on 2 things, history and the bible.
You've no doubt heard people go on about what a hateful God the Christian's have based upon the stories of the Israelite taking the land of the Philistines...

Here's the deal, when they (government) were sent in to "claim" that ground they were told this,

Make no mistake. I'm not sending you in there because you're so good, I'm sending you because they're so bad.

Let this people become "so bad" and someone else will claim this land and it won't be without great bloodshed. Those people down there sacrificed their children for prosperity before being run down with extreme prejudices, but they never did it to the extent we have. Mexico would love a shot at it I'd bet.
Old 08-29-2015, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by nodog View Post
My opinion of government is based on 2 things, history and the bible.
You've no doubt heard people go on about what a hateful God the Christian's have based upon the stories of the Israelite taking the land of the Philistines...

Here's the deal, when they (government) were sent in to "claim" that ground they were told this,

Make no mistake. I'm not sending you in there because you're so good, I'm sending you because they're so bad.

Let this people become "so bad" and someone else will claim this land and it won't be without great bloodshed. Those people down there sacrificed their children for prosperity before being run down with extreme prejudices, but they never did it to the extent we have. Mexico would love a shot at it I'd bet.
You and waddler are one in the same. Both of you speak of a deadly reckoning coming to America for our mistakes, and cheer it on.
Old 08-29-2015, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://explorethemed.com/reconquista.asp

Mickey Finn, here is a map of Spain before Europeans came to the New World. Muslims held vast portions of Spain and it took centuries for Spain to totally reclaim its country. Do you support the Muslim retaking of Spain as well to Mexicans claiming America based on some maps? Remember Mexico would never have been if Spain never rose to a superpower.
Attached Thumbnails "Trickle down" economics-alandaluz750.jpg  
Old 08-29-2015, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://explorethemed.com/reconquista.asp

Mickey Finn, here is a map of Spain before Europeans came to the New World. Muslims held vast portions of Spain and it took centuries for Spain to totally reclaim its country. Do you support the Muslim retaking of Spain as well to Mexicans claiming America based on some maps? Remember Mexico would never have been if Spain never rose to a superpower.
I never said I support anything. I simply pointed out that they had a legitimate claim. A war was fought and we have to live with the consequences.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.