Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Chattanooga

Old 08-01-2015, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

I'm honestly trying to understand what you're attempting to say but am still not seeing it. I've quoted all 3 of your posts below to make it easier to go through this. In your first post, you mention a revolution (see emboldened part below). Most definitions of "revolution" involve a governed people overthrowing the government that is governing or ruling them. While we have some degree of presence in Iraq, Afghanistan, etc., I don't believe we are honestly trying to rule or govern them. I agree that we tend to stick our nose where it's not always wanted but I don't think it's either fair or accurate to say that we're trying to "control every corner of the globe." If anything, I think that would more accurately describe Islam and even more particularly Jihad.

Originally Posted by nodog View Post
government/law/courts/military, religion and finance are the 3 groups targeted first when the people revolt.

Since the three above want to control every corner of the globe, the people are not in anyone border like a country, it's global. Think about that, a global flood of destruction.

The rainbow is a promise no water flood will cause global destruction again, fire though isn't covered under that promise.

Funny, what would people scream for in a fire?

Love your neighbor isn't a suggestion, it's survival.
See above post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc1111
I don't understand what you're saying. Do you sympathize with the people attacking here and elsewhere?

Nodog--
I'm pointing out the times and the future and giving the only answer that will fix it. Follow the money or better the love of money throughout our history and a root of that evil will led you right to the death of these men.

These things happen and will increase, sadness is the emotion. I see the first step made that led to the destruction of a life, others only see the destruction and blame the government we feed.

My "sympathy" screams a change of heart is needed, not hatred and death.

Don't shoot the messenger.
I actually had the same question as VC. I don't know that you necessarily sympathize with the Muslim terrorists but it looks like you're trying to explain their terrorist behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalHunter
Your post does not make a lot of sense in context with some Muslim extremist terrorist who murdered U.S. Military personnel. I don't think these Muslim terrorists are motivated by money or lack of money. Nor do I think they are interested in a change of heart. Us "loving" them certainly isn't going to change them although Christ did command us to love our enemies. Muslim terrorists seem to want to kill, torture, rape and pillage other non-Muslims and even Muslims who are not of the same Muslim sect. In short, kind of like tribalism run amuck. Appeasement simply isn't going to fix that.

Nodog--
were they military? Isn't that one of the 3 targets mentioned? The answer is obviously yes so as people look for answers I point to the times and the answer. These are not random acts. The 3 mentioned are being attacked. The Trade center...come on.

What one thing has been said to be the reasons for the conflict between the U.S. and Asian nations? Oil/wealth. Why do we fight wars?

Religion has something to do with these murders. Religion and money, money and religion.

No one said anything about appeasement, appeasement in the middle of a flood will just get a person swept away. Christ calmed the waters. How'd He do that? That is the answer, always has been.

Most of what I hear is hate Caesar Obama. Where did that get the Jews in 70ad. ? At the time Jerusalem was destroyed by Rome the city was basically divided by 5 gangs. The gangs tore down the Temple in an effort to stop the incoming Roman Legion. When Rome entered the city they found thousands of people starved to death, the gangs took all the food for themselves. Imagine what would've happened if they have went a different path.

At one time we may have had a chance to turn things around, I think that time has passed. I can't see We The People escaping what's coming for what we've done to the most innocent among us, the unborn. That was the point of no return. It's a powder keg, things are going to get much worse and the crime of it is what history has taught time and time again. it's typically paid by the third and fourth generations after the fact.

Another interesting fact. When the Spanish Armada happened

"a Spanish naval invasion force sent against England by Philip II of Spain in 1588. It was defeated by the English fleet and almost completely destroyed by storms off the Hebrides."

the times had it a soldier was given aid if defeated. The English soldiers that were struggling to survive that washed up on the beech were butchered by the Irishmen waiting on the shore. 300 years later the famine hit. Why? What did the people say when it was happening? The bible obviously is big into numerology, the number 3, 30, 300, 3000... being one of the most used. It's a number that says, pay attention.
It's kind of like you're posting/answering in riddles or at minimum, not directly addressing the questions. Yes, karma does catch up to one. Whether you call it the law of unintended consequences, the hand of God or just plain stupid stuff happens when you do stupid things (I personally think it's a combo of all of the above with the accent on God), not thinking things through does tend to bring about unwanted consequences.

Going back to the original question and premise, turning the other cheek, loving the enemy or appeasement (whichever you prefer to call it) isn't going to stop the Islamic terrorists. they need anger, hate and killing to keep their followers motivated and in line. A certain amount of them (a lot really) aren't going to accept Jesus and are not going to see any version of their promised land. In fact, they are destined to go the other way and continue their hateful and murderous ways.

As an earthly government, our government has a responsibility towards its' citizens (us) and our safety. That responsibility is why our government needs to take the fight to these terrorists and not stick our collective heads in the sand. That is why your responses don't make much sense to me.
Old 08-01-2015, 03:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

I don't think those responses make any sense to anyone but the author.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Oldtimr View Post
I don't think those responses make any sense to anyone but the author.
Son in law is a navy officer, he changes his close when he leaves the base now. He does this because the military is a target.

Saw that another LEO was shot dead.

3 groups are the first target in a revolution. According to you the answer is hate the sitting president. That is the fuse of revolution and absolutely the wrong direction to calm the storm.

I'm not here to win a war of words, maybe when things unfold as history predicts they will the directions I've laid out will make sense. Some people will have to learn the hard way, some will not.

Do you know what happens when the 3 groups are taken out of the picture. I'm sure you do, it's all great right since the sitting president will be gone.

Last edited by nodog; 08-02-2015 at 09:15 AM.
Old 08-02-2015, 09:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by CalHunter View Post
I'm honestly trying to understand what you're attempting to say but am still not seeing it. .
Do you plant a seed and expect to see the plant immediately? When I read and something catches my attention I plant it in my brain. As I go on in life when I come across things related to it the plant begins to grow. I enjoy the process.

You've given it some thought/planted it. If there is any truth in it you'll see it, if not you won't. Either way I'm good with it. Maybe I'll be around if it's wrong and you'll share why. I will be better off for it.

I was once a Sunday school teacher, as I taught I questioned things I'd said which didn't seem to go with what I'd been reading, I'd never just read the book. I started with a simple request, I didn't care if everything knew was wrong, I wanted to know what was right if anything. Took me 3 years for that plant to sprout.

If things get worse what path will you follow? Many will not chose a path because they will be swept up in the storm. A storm of death and destruction raged in France before the people swept away by the storm made Napoleon Emperor. Obviously man has always chosen poorly and thought government to be the answer.

Love your neighbor, see world history for the reasons why. You want to live without the Hillary's of the world, that's your answer.
Old 08-02-2015, 09:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

I think you probably should cut back the manure on those seeds.