Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Chattanooga

Old 07-28-2015, 04:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by CalHunter View Post
Your post does not make a lot of sense in context with some Muslim extremist terrorist who murdered U.S. Military personnel. I don't think these Muslim terrorists are motivated by money or lack of money. Nor do I think they are interested in a change of heart. Us "loving" them certainly isn't going to change them although Christ did command us to love our enemies. Muslim terrorists seem to want to kill, torture, rape and pillage other non-Muslims and even Muslims who are not of the same Muslim sect. In short, kind of like tribalism run amuck. Appeasement simply isn't going to fix that.
were they military? Isn't that one of the 3 targets mentioned? The answer is obviously yes so as people look for answers I point to the times and the answer. These are not random acts. The 3 mentioned are being attacked. The Trade center...come on.

What one thing has been said to be the reasons for the conflict between the U.S. and Asian nations? Oil/wealth. Why do we fight wars?

Religion has something to do with these murders. Religion and money, money and religion.

No one said anything about appeasement, appeasement in the middle of a flood will just get a person swept away. Christ calmed the waters. How'd He do that? That is the answer, always has been.

Most of what I hear is hate Caesar Obama. Where did that get the Jews in 70ad. ? At the time Jerusalem was destroyed by Rome the city was basically divided by 5 gangs. The gangs tore down the Temple in an effort to stop the incoming Roman Legion. When Rome entered the city they found thousands of people starved to death, the gangs took all the food for themselves. Imagine what would've happened if they have went a different path.

At one time we may have had a chance to turn things around, I think that time has passed. I can't see We The People escaping what's coming for what we've done to the most innocent among us, the unborn. That was the point of no return. It's a powder keg, things are going to get much worse and the crime of it is what history has taught time and time again. it's typically paid by the third and fourth generations after the fact.

Another interesting fact. When the Spanish Armada happened

"a Spanish naval invasion force sent against England by Philip II of Spain in 1588. It was defeated by the English fleet and almost completely destroyed by storms off the Hebrides."

the times had it a soldier was given aid if defeated. The English soldiers that were struggling to survive that washed up on the beech were butchered by the Irishmen waiting on the shore. 300 years later the famine hit. Why? What did the people say when it was happening? The bible obviously is big into numerology, the number 3, 30, 300, 3000... being one of the most used. It's a number that says, pay attention.
Old 07-28-2015, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
Cal according to waddles, they're murdering our troops and raping young girls in order to deliver a promises of FREE comfortable existence to EVERYONE.
It looks like all the anti-American factions are trying to infiltrate our nation by the promise of FREE money to the voter base. At this point our best defense is an educated society.
Old 07-28-2015, 07:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sounds like the same thing the Democrats have done for decades, it worked for them.
Old 07-28-2015, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

amazing isn't it,how quickly news focus shifts

this muslim terrorist attack is forgotten now by the majority of the public

wow
Old 07-31-2015, 01:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Uniform rules

Originally Posted by sachiko View Post
Aren't military people proud to wear the uniform? Are they supposed to be afraid to wear the uniform and be identified as being in the service of their country?

Our president is just unacceptable.
I'm not sure what the policy is now, but while I was in the Navy during the eighties, sailors were not allowed to wear their uniform while on liberty One exception was during fleet week in San Francisco, but other than that we had to wear our civies while away from the ship.
Old 07-31-2015, 05:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by chazspot View Post
I'm not sure what the policy is now, but while I was in the Navy during the eighties, sailors were not allowed to wear their uniform while on liberty One exception was during fleet week in San Francisco, but other than that we had to wear our civies while away from the ship.
Policy has changed, we where not allowed to wear working uniforms to stores are anything like that only to transit between house and base. To be out at a store required you to be in dress uniform. 2006. About a few months after that when the Navy switched to BDU's I started seeing Navy personnel in Walmart in cammies and was told the policy changed, that is at least what I have seen and have been told. Flags will probably have the latest update on uniform regs. Army has always been different, dang on covers in-doors.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by d80hunter View Post
At this point our best defense is an educated society.
always has been and the idea of self education a foundational truth of true patriotism.

Look at what has been used to pull people away from doing what they should, it's all one form of lust or another and heavily promoted by the "idiot box" found every where. The fact that the powerful/politician is almost always a history major and corrupt makes them reason number 1 to get people to turn off the boob tube and start looking into things. As I've mentioned before, a very old history book claims the learning and telling of history is a God given creational law. Do it or suffer government. I don't have to tell anyone how we're doing with that.

Did you know that in the 1920's almost everything sold had sexual overtures. There's a good read called the "Perils of Prosperity" written during the times between 1914 and 1932. Probably one of the best history books on just telling it like it was. I didn't pick up on any agenda. Very unusual for recent history books.

Last edited by nodog; 08-01-2015 at 09:06 AM.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Salty, we were not allowed to have civies onboard ship, when we left the ship we were in unoform till we got off base. Those who were unmarried and had no house to go to had an off base locker at a locker club. However, over seaso, only officers were allowed to go ashore on liberty in civies.
Old 08-01-2015, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr View Post
Salty, we were not allowed to have civies onboard ship, when we left the ship we were in unoform till we got off base. Those who were unmarried and had no house to go to had an off base locker at a locker club. However, over seaso, only officers were allowed to go ashore on liberty in civies.
I'm sure our coffin racks store much more than the racks you used. Lol.
Old 08-01-2015, 12:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Storage in a rack! Surely you jest. Our racks were 3 high, hanging on chains. In the morning, they were folded up (triced) until after dinner. We had small cube lockers , about 3X3. It wan't the storage problem, it was the difference in the way enlisted were treated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.