Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Should Supreme Court Justices.... >

Should Supreme Court Justices....

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Should Supreme Court Justices....

Old 07-17-2015, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Should Supreme Court Justices....

Should Supreme Court Justices be held to a higher standard than everyone else?

Please don't just jump in, think about it before you answer.
Old 07-17-2015, 08:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

The standard I want them held to is to render decisions based on the constitution and the intentions of those who wrote it. What we have now is pretty much we know the position each justice is going to take before the case is even heard, not always but very many times. Why? Because they are appointed by their politics. Liberal Presidents appoint liberal judges and conservatives appoint conservative judges. Their personal opinions and beliefs should be left at the chamber door. The standard I want them held to is to be an impartial abitor of the intention of the constitution and to stop giving the federal government powers that belong to the state. Of course it will not change, it has gone to far, not that the founders did not warn of about legislating from the bench. This is what lifetime appointments gets us! I really am not even sure what you were looking for with your question, which standard you are refering too. The same standard of the laws that we all are supposed to live by? If that is what you mean, the answer is yes, but I suspect you are looking for something deeper.
Old 07-17-2015, 08:21 AM
Little Doe Peep

Wink

Originally Posted by AF Hunter View Post
Should Supreme Court Justices be held to a higher standard than everyone else?

Please don't just jump in, think about it before you answer.
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "standard." But shouldn't we all be held to high standards of ethics and morality? Being human, we may not always meet those standards, but still .........

Why should a Supreme Court justice, or any public official, be held to a higher standard than you or I.

Last edited by sachiko; 07-17-2015 at 08:32 AM.
Old 07-17-2015, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

The standard I want them held to is to render decisions based on the constitution and the intentions of those who wrote it......
+1 what Oldtimr wrote.
Old 07-17-2015, 09:03 AM
Typical Buck

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "standard." But shouldn't we all be held to high standards of ethics and morality?
depends on what you think is ethical, and what you think is moral? Not everyone thinks the same way.
Old 07-17-2015, 03:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

it is entirely up to the people to either allow or limit the SC influence and a direct result of how each individual treats their neighbor.

The SC can do absolutely nothing if the people get along and give a tinkers dam about each other. Stop Blaming the SC or Government for being what it is when it's up to the people to keep it on a leash or not. Voting has nothing to do with it, nor does any particular flavor.
Old 07-17-2015, 03:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by RobertSubnet View Post
+1 what Oldtimr wrote.
Total ignorance, the Constitution empowered the SC to interpret as a power.
Old 07-17-2015, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

The SC can do absolutely nothing if the people get along and give a tinkers dam about each other. Stop Blaming the SC or Government for being what it is when it's up to the people to keep it on a leash or not. Voting has nothing to do with it, nor does any particular flavor.
Are you suggesting something? If so, what?
Old 07-17-2015, 03:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

The above has got to be one of the all time nonsensical posts that says nothing in the history of this site!
Old 07-17-2015, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Total ignorance, the Constitution empowered the SC to interpret as a power.
Wrong. Article 3 of the Constitution created a judicial branch. However it was not until the Marbury v. Madison decision that the SCOTUS had the power of judicial review.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.