Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Historical Ignorance >

Historical Ignorance

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Historical Ignorance

Old 07-17-2015, 08:09 AM
Dominant Buck

Just because you can Google doesn't mean you also can do math. Do you know how averages work? 1in4 didn't own slaves. That means the overwhelming majority didn't. Furthermore, just because you might live above the Mason Dixon line didn't mean you were anti slavery.

You really should do a little more reading and rely less on Google. It may get you an A on your test bit that doesn't mean you learned anything.

Last edited by Fieldmouse; 07-17-2015 at 08:16 AM.
Old 07-17-2015, 08:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Clapping seals, they will do anything for a free fish!
Old 07-17-2015, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
Just because you can Google doesn't mean you also can do math. Do you know how averages work? 1in4 didn't own slaves. That means the overwhelming majority didn't. Furthermore, just because you might live above the Mason Dixon line didn't mean you were snti slavery.

You really should do a little more reading and rely less on Google. It may get you an A on your test bit that doesn't mean you learned anything.
You really need to brush up on logic. The vast majority aren't gay, yet gay marriage passed by a popular vote in Ireland. According to your obtuse argument, that shouldn't be possible.

Again, why do they have to own slaves anyways? They didn't want them as equals, and the institution of slavery was a way of keeping them down. It's similar to how desegregation riled up all the racist elements of the Republican party.
Old 07-17-2015, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

They didn't want them as equals, and the institution of slavery was a way of keeping them down.
I was under the impression slavery was more about the owning, managing, buying and selling *property* and not necessarily about keeping a *human being* "down."

Yes slavery would keep a person "down" but (I think) southerners viewed the issue more around property rights.
Old 07-17-2015, 09:32 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by BigBuck22 View Post
You really need to brush up on logic. The vast majority aren't gay, yet gay marriage passed by a popular vote in Ireland. According to your obtuse argument, that shouldn't be possible.
and this logic means what in a country that gay marriage failed everytime it was put up for a vote?
Again, why do they have to own slaves anyways? They didn't want them as equals, and the institution of slavery was a way of keeping them down. It's similar to how desegregation riled up all the racist elements of the Republican party.
huh? The KKK and the democrats were one in the same. It was FDR who appointed the KKK lawyer to the SC. It was Truman a republican who had to send toops in to force a Democrat Governor to integrate schools. It was Wilson who segragated the federal government.
Old 07-17-2015, 09:35 AM
Little Doe Peep

Wink

and this logic means what in a country that gay marriage failed everytime it was put up for a vote?
huh? The KKK and the democrats were one in the same. It was FDR who appointed the KKK lawyer to the SC. It was Truman a republican who had to send toops in to force a Democrat Governor to integrate schools. It was Wilson who segragated the federal government.
Correction Mr. Mouse. Truman was a Democrat. He was Roosevelt's VP, who became Prez when Roosevelt passed over to the other side.
Old 07-17-2015, 09:38 AM
Little Doe Peep

Wink

But on that note, I think it was Eisenhower, a Republican who sent in the troops, not Truman.

I think it was Truman who desegregated the military.
Old 07-17-2015, 09:42 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by sachiko View Post
But on that note, I think it was Eisenhower, a Republican who sent in the troops, not Truman.

I think it was Truman who desegregated the military.
My bad, sorry, I was doing multi-tasking. It didn't seem correct as I was typing. However, I do believe it was Wilson who segregated the federal government. He was a major racist and of course a democrat.
Old 07-17-2015, 09:47 AM
Little Doe Peep

Wink

My bad, sorry, I was doing multi-tasking. It didn't seem correct as I was typing. However, I do believe it was Wilson who segregated the federal government. He was a major racist and of course a democrat.
But let's not forget that it was Truman, a Democrat, who desegregated the military.

From all I've heard, Truman was a very decent man, possibly the most decent man to ever serve as president.

Of course there was also Jimmy Carter, also a very decent man who was, unfortunately, a failure as president, apparently.

I wasn't around during all this of course. In fact, I haven't been around very long at all. But I learned some history in school.
Old 07-17-2015, 03:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

ignorance claiming ignorance. Government has never been the answer, it has always been the penalty for bad behavior.

The beginning of this nation was a reset to a limited government and up to the people, up to the people, up to the people,up to the people to keep it that way and kept that way by their behavior and treatment of others. What we have today isn't a mistake or a usurping of anything, it is exactly what was planted.

Stop blaming government and stop looking to any government past or present as the answer, it is entirely up to the people and a direct result of how each treats the freedoms of their neighbor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.