Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Movement to normalize perversion continues >

Movement to normalize perversion continues

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Movement to normalize perversion continues

Old 07-14-2015, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by CalHunter View Post
He'll need a day before he can respond but I'm curious as to his response and/or answer(s). I realize people with challenged upbringing can have a greater chance for destitution but it is not a 100% given outcome.

I grew up in a one parent household after my dad left when I was 12. I worked full time and gave my earnings to mom to help put food on the table and pay bills. I have not once collected public assistance monies because I decided I was going to have a better life and enlisted when I was 17. Up until the time I married, most of my income went to mom still to help out with my younger siblings.

Most of the people on public assistance are there of their own free choosing and laziness, not because they grew up destitute.
Old 07-14-2015, 07:57 AM
Little Doe Peep

Wink

I think most people on this forum are aware of the details of my background.

I am the illegitimate daughter of a single mother, born when she was 15.

She could have gone on welfare, but no.

She worked six nights a weeks, Monday through Saturday from 6 PM until after 2AM, as a waitress, to provide for me.

My mother raised me to respect the value of education and work, and to marry a man who would be there for me and my babies.

I'm really not receptive to all these excuses.
Old 07-14-2015, 08:12 AM
Super Moderator

The only thing I would change in your statement Sachiko is "our babies" since they are your hubbies also.
Old 07-14-2015, 08:25 AM
Little Doe Peep

Wink

Originally Posted by CalHunter View Post
The only thing I would change in your statement Sachiko is "our babies" since they are your hubbies also.
I think I had in my mind my mother's firm admonitions that a woman's most important responsibility is to find a man who will be a responsible and loving husband and father to her children.

(If there are any feminists reading this, feel free to gag.)

But you are absolutely right. There is no doubt that they are OUR babies.
Old 07-14-2015, 08:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think I can easily see after a woman goes through childbirth that she would instinctively refer to them as "her" babies!
Old 07-14-2015, 08:43 AM
Little Doe Peep

Wink

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006 View Post
I think I can easily see after a woman goes through childbirth that she would instinctively refer to them as "her" babies!
There definitely is, or should be, a bond between father and child. But the bond between mother and child is, I believe, a little different.

My husband, when talking with others, often refers to the girls as "my daughters." But I'm the only one who has ever said "my babies."
Old 07-14-2015, 11:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

No baby is illegitimate! I really hate that term!
Old 07-14-2015, 11:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Oldtimr View Post
No baby is illegitimate! I really hate that term!
Interesting thought! I read her post and because I know the circumstances I didn't really see anything negative using the word, especially since she was referring to herself. I looked up the word and really all it means is "born of unwed parents". I guess that means a huge segment of our population falls under that definition, especially the minority segment in our country, many of whom the Mother doesn't even know who the Father is!
Old 07-14-2015, 12:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

I know what it means and how it is used Top, I just think calling a baby illegitimate is bad form. Why isn't the insulting word used against the to describe the people who created the baby instead of the baby? Normally stuff like that doesn't bother me but this does. I know Sachi was talking about herself but that is probably because that word is in common use to describe an out of wedlock birth. It may be nitpicking but I see little difference between calling a child illegitimate and calling them the B word for the same thing. The use of N word used used to be normal and accepted in much of the country, use it now and you will be castigated. I don't believe anyone could truthfully call me an over sensitive person or even a sensitive person, but I find it insulting to a person who had not a thing to do with being born and then is labled with an insulting description. Not trying to start an argument, I just think we can do better.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 07-14-2015 at 12:24 PM.
Old 07-14-2015, 12:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

I didn't mean to infer that you didn't know what it meant and I do understand and at least partially, if not fully, agree with what you're saying!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.