Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
GOP trying to increase deficit >

GOP trying to increase deficit

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

GOP trying to increase deficit

Old 07-07-2015, 05:10 AM
Dominant Buck

It's 8:40 AM already. Why aren't you working?
Alice Cooper my dear!

Schools out for the summer
Old 07-07-2015, 05:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
That's a good one. While his presidents is paying illegals an average of 24k per household sucking off the American teat, NW is all of a sudden worried about the deficit. Never mind the fact he thinks 24k for healthcare is affordable.
Never really say any proof of anyone paying 24k for health care insurance.

Our average here is somewhere around $14k per family and we have a very diverse group with pretty good coverage and only a $1,500 deductible. Actual cost to our company has flattened and the days of the insurance Co raising our rates 20-40% per year stopped about 3 years ago.
Old 07-07-2015, 05:13 AM
Banned

Alice Cooper my dear!

I once had a VERY good consultant that was instrumental in me getting hired here that told me "with your experience, if you cant do this job in 30 hours a week you are not the right guy for the job"

I am not a piece worker that is for darn sure.
Old 07-07-2015, 05:17 AM
Banned

Every day we are working on eliminating waste from our operations and I continually strive and push to improve our operations. A recent new hire in our group told me that he has never worked for an organization that is so straight forward and simplified and only worries about profits and cash. Normal accounting nonsense and control has been picked through and eliminated whenever possible. And we are VERY profitable with our continual EBITDA % up around 20% per year with bounces above and below occasionally.
Old 07-07-2015, 05:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Alice Cooper my dear!

I don't know about that FM, but I might be willing to wager that if you traced his IP it would not lead to a business.
Old 07-07-2015, 05:39 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by NeverWill View Post

Our average here is somewhere around $14k per family and we have a very diverse group with pretty good coverage and only a $1,500 deductible. Actual cost to our company has flattened and the days of the insurance Co raising our rates 20-40% per year stopped about 3 years ago.
Never happened. Your rates never went up like that. However, mine has. Again if I post the numbers that show my insurance going from 8k and then to 18k in the last 2 years will you agree Obamacare isn't affordable and therefore isn't working?
Old 07-07-2015, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

translation

your Obama has placed 10 Trillion in debt on this country and adding between 3-5 trillion in the next 2 years

charts don't lie

GW wasn't kind to out debt

Obama raped us raw

Old 07-07-2015, 07:38 AM
Dominant Buck

FYI, I don't even need to post my numbers. Here is what the IRS claimed in 2013.
The IRS's assumption that the cheapest plan for a family will cost $20,000 per year is found in examples the IRS gives to help people understand how to calculate the penalty they will need to pay the government if they do not buy a mandated health plan.

The examples point to families of four and families of five, both of which the IRS expects in its assumptions to pay a minimum of $20,000 per year for a bronze plan.

“The annual national average bronze plan premium for a family of 5 (2 adults, 3 children) is $20,000,” the regulation says.

Bronze will be the lowest tier health-insurance plan available under Obamacare--after Silver, Gold, and Platinum. Under the law, the penalty for not buying health insurance is supposed to be capped at either the annual average Bronze premium, 2.5 percent of taxable income, or $2,085.00 per family in 2016.

In the new final rules published Wednesday, IRS set in law the rules for implementing the penalty Americans must pay if they fail to obey Obamacare's mandate to buy insurance.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...#ixzz3fDiPHzT4
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook
Unfortunately they were right but only for a year. Like I said, my plan is going to 24k come January. Also, before I forget. I included my dental plan in my 8k before Obamacare. I can't afford that luxury today due to the high cost Obama has forced on we the responsible people. My monthly cost was $625. Today its $1650
Old 07-07-2015, 08:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have said dozens of times that my lack of response should not be used against me. I have a job and a life.
Although, what else could you guys argues when your self proclaimed party of consrevatism is totally disregarding the deficit when they try to demolish the ACA for 100% political purposes.
Another dumb, absolutely ridiculous post! We could forgive you if your job or life kept you away from answering things. However, that's not the case and you're on here during the day all the time when a normal 9-5 person would be working at something whether it's flipping burgers or being CFO of a big company like you say you are. Incidentally, a CFO of a big company shouldn't have the continual misspelling, punctuation screwups, etc. that you're good for in about every post you make. Maybe you should learn how to use spellcheck or have your secretary proof read your posts before you put them up! Nope, when you are on here it's during normal work hours and very seldom ever other than that and when you are on here there are never any answers or facts to back up what you start. Now it's time for you to go find another mag like Vanity Fair to come up with another baloney thread to keep trolling away, since that's all you ever do on here!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 07-07-2015 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 07-07-2015, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

Every day we are working on eliminating waste from our operations and I continually strive and push to improve our operations. A recent new hire in our group told me that he has never worked for an organization that is so straight forward and simplified and only worries about profits and cash. Normal accounting nonsense and control has been picked through and eliminated whenever possible. And we are VERY profitable with our continual EBITDA % up around 20% per year with bounces above and below occasionally.
I'm not an accountant so I had to look up EBITDA (see quote and link below). I can see where it helps some but doesn't give one a complete picture of a company's fiscal health (i.e. replacing equipment, etc.). It's a start. It would show that you're doing something right. But it doesn't explain the whole picture (I'm assuming you wanted to convey a "whole picture" impression here).

INVESTOPEDIA EXPLAINS 'Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation and Amortization - EBITDA'

This is a non-GAAP measure that allows a greater amount of discretion as to what is (and is not) included in the calculation. This also means that companies often change the items included in their EBITDA calculation from one reporting period to the next.
EBITDA first came into common use with leveraged buyouts in the 1980s, when it was used to indicate the ability of a company to service debt. As time passed, it became popular in industries with expensive assets that had to be written down over long periods of time. EBITDA is now commonly quoted by many companies, especially in the tech sector - even when it isn't warranted.
A common misconception is that EBITDA represents cash earnings. EBITDA is a good metric to evaluate profitability, but not cash flow. EBITDA also leaves out the cash required to fund working capital and the replacement of old equipment, which can be significant. Consequently, EBITDA is often used as an accounting gimmick to dress up a company's earnings. When using this metric, it's key that investors also focus on other performance measures to make sure the company is not trying to hide something with EBITDA.

...partial article quote...