Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Is San Francisco Guilty of Conspiracy to Commit Murder? >

Is San Francisco Guilty of Conspiracy to Commit Murder?

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Is San Francisco Guilty of Conspiracy to Commit Murder?

Old 07-05-2015, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Is San Francisco Guilty of Conspiracy to Commit Murder?

Kate Steinle and her father were on pier 14 in San Francisco minding their own business when a shot rang out leaving Kate dying in her father’s arms. She had done nothing to deserve to be murdered other than being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The murderer, Juan Lopez-Sanchez, had been deported five times already and was on probation in Texas, had just gotten out of jail. He had been picked up by ICE agents from the federal prison and would have been deported had there not been drug charges pending in San Francisco, so they turned him over to San Francisco deputies and asked to be notified before he was released.

But you see, San Francisco has a policy NOT to notify ICE when an illegal immigrant is about to be released. The dropped the charges in March and held him until April to make sure there were not other criminal charges on him anywhere else. Having satisfied there were no other criminal charges, on April 15th, without notifying anyone, they released Lopez-Sanchez, a SEVEN TIME CONVICTED FELON to the streets. By not handing him over to federal authorities, San Francisco became a conspirator to any crimes Lopez-Sanchez committed in the future.

What he did between April 15th and July 1st, who knows. What we do know is he acquired a handgun (felony), went to pier 14 and shot the 31 year old Kate Steinle (another felony). As she lay dying in her father’s arms, she told him that she didn’t feel very good before passing away.

Now, Lopez-Sanchez sits in jail again for felonies eight and nine. Kate’s parents, having their daughter violently ripped from their lives are left with dealing with the irresponsible decision made by the city of San Francisco. Knowing that Lopez-Sanchez was in this country illegally they made the decision to release him and thereby are responsible for his actions after release.

I am not one who promotes litigious actions in what has become a litigious nation, in this case am making an exception to my own values. I think Kate’s parents need to sue the city administration, the county attorney’s office, and the sheriff’s department for everything they have. The city, through their negligence, needs to learn their lesson in the only way that will get their attention; through the pocketbook.

And yes, in my opinion, they are guilty of conspiracy to commit murder.
Old 07-05-2015, 11:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

What good is suing the taxpayers for the crime, which is exactly what you are suggesting? I can, however, see suing all the persons involved on an individual civil basis for severe negligence that ended up with that young lady being killed.
Old 07-05-2015, 11:56 AM
Fork Horn

Screw the libs and their idealistic nonsense. I hope SF and their "leaders" all pay for this crime.
Old 07-05-2015, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

1. Had the tax payers not been open to the policy of not turning over illegals to ICE the ordinance would not have passed;
2. Had the county attorney followed the law and notified ICE, he would not have been on the streets; and
3. Had the police department followed the law instead of the city policy which is in violation of federal law, he would not have been on the streets.

Pretty easy to see that public opinion helped make the policy that violated Kate Steinle's human and civil rights in favor of harboring criminals (yes, illegal aliens are criminals).
Old 07-05-2015, 12:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by AF Hunter View Post
1. Had the tax payers not been open to the policy of not turning over illegals to ICE the ordinance would not have passed;
2. Had the county attorney followed the law and notified ICE, he would not have been on the streets; and
3. Had the police department followed the law instead of the city policy which is in violation of federal law, he would not have been on the streets.

Pretty easy to see that public opinion helped make the policy that violated Kate Steinle's human and civil rights in favor of harboring criminals (yes, illegal aliens are criminals).
Sorry, but I disagree with your premise! How do you know that the majority of citizens, whether they were Libs or not, even knew about the policies and allowed them to exist until something like this happened? Answer---You don't! If citizens knew of many of the policies that are in existence like you're talking about, then I'd be 100% in your camp. How did you find about the policies? I'd bet if you answer truthfully you will say it was brought to everyone's attention after this case was made public by the media.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 07-05-2015 at 12:24 PM.
Old 07-05-2015, 12:21 PM
Little Doe Peep

Angry

I am acting as my husband's voice here.

You can't sue someone for murder. Murder is a crime, a specific intent crime.

Their cause of action would likely be Wrongful Death, in that, were it not for the grossly negligent actions of city actors, the victim would not have died. You would claim that the officials involved, given the perpetrators record, knew, or should have known, that he was dangerous and likely to offend again.
Old 07-05-2015, 12:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006 View Post
How do you know that the majority of citizens, whether they were Libs or not, even knew about the policies and allowed them to exist until something like this happened?
Well, I'm over ten years old and I heard about it halfway across the nation when the council passed it. So, it is reasonable to figure that if Midwesterners knew about it, the local public sure as heck did.
Old 07-05-2015, 12:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by AF Hunter View Post
Well, I'm over ten years old and I heard about it halfway across the nation when the council passed it. So, it is reasonable to figure that if Midwesterners knew about it, the local public sure as heck did.
No sense for sarcasm and just maybe you take a look at the news a lot more than most do nowadays! Personally, I watch and keep up on things closely and I had never heard of what you mention and I'm 58 years past your 10 year old sarcastic comment!

Sachiko---I didn't quite see that he was saying what you mentioned even though the word murder was used, but rather assumed what you stated is what AFH was referring to.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 07-05-2015 at 01:01 PM.
Old 07-05-2015, 01:00 PM
Little Doe Peep

Wink

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006 View Post
No sense for sarcasm and just maybe you take a look at the news a lot more than most do nowadays! Personally, I watch and keep up on things closely and I had never heard of what you mention and I'm 58 years past your 10 year old sarcastic comment!

Sachiko---I didn't see any mention of suing for murder, but rather assumed what you stated is exactly what AFH mentioned.
The heading of the thread states Is San Francisco guilty of Conspiracy to Commit Murder?

He just wanted to clarify that point. And also mention that there might indeed be a civil cause of action.
Old 07-05-2015, 03:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by sachiko View Post
The heading of the thread states Is San Francisco guilty of Conspiracy to Commit Murder?

He just wanted to clarify that point. And also mention that there might indeed be a civil cause of action.
You're right again, as I didn't even read the thread title itself, but was replying to his thread alone!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.