Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Is Polygamy the next Great Leap Forward? >

Is Polygamy the next Great Leap Forward?

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Is Polygamy the next Great Leap Forward?

Old 07-02-2015, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Is Polygamy the next Great Leap Forward?

Here's a guy in Montana applying for a license to marry a second wife while still married to another one.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/02...cmp=latestnews

Same-sex marriage is a nutty idea very recently advanced and approved of by people who believe that normal people should not have the right to keep abnormal people from setting bad examples by engaging in abnormal behavior.

On the other hand, unlike same-sex marriage, the idea of which would have been considered a joke not long ago, polygamy has a long, and respectable history. It's mentioned with approval in the Bible and has been an acceptable practice in many other cultures as well. (The Bible is, after all, not the only source of knowledge about that kind of stuff.)

So what do you think the Honorable Justice Kennedy would have to say about polygamy? You can predict that the liberals will turn thumbs down because they will say it's oppressive to women. Of course, liberals, being uninformed in general, will have to be made aware that polygamy includes multiple husbands as well as multiple wives.

How about it guys? Would your woman be interested in another guy to help you mow the lawn? I guess you would both have to agree on the best brand of mower.

Can you guys really handle two wives telling you that you don't need a new truck?
Old 07-02-2015, 10:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

One is more than enough for me!!!
Old 07-02-2015, 10:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006 View Post
One is more than enough for me!!!
Me too. If something happens to the one I have, I'm baching it for the rest of my life!
Old 07-02-2015, 10:36 AM
Dominant Buck

It's going to happen. There isn't a legal reason to prevent it.

As for actually having multiple wives, It's something I've pondered for many years. I couldn't see why for the life of me. The idea of having one wife off her cycle while the other on her cycle you know, steady sex is an impossibility. Girls living together sync their cycles quick. Then the complaining to completing projects, no way. So I've always decided it was crazy to do.

However, I met a girl a number of years ago and have been come very close friends. My wife likes her too. It's caused me to rethink that it would be a good idea as long as there weren't complications involved. But there in lies the rub. Always complications.

Nope, my wife is my perfect match and would remarry her all over again!
Old 07-02-2015, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know whatcha mean FM. This is my first time, but I'm absolutely glad I waited. I completely hit the jackpot.

Actually, the one I have is really more like having a couple or maybe three. No kidding.
Old 07-02-2015, 12:04 PM
Fork Horn

Polyandry,

I am all for it. Now the wife is not up there quite as much as my 74 years, but It would be great fun for another, maybe two more, to hang around, feed the stock, mow the yards, fix stuff I ain't, help pay the mortgage, etc. Whilst I go fishing, hunting, boating and all the other activities I have been putting off doing. I think a young hussy like her might find that interesting . Course they would have to be strong, energetic, devoted to hard work and enjoy sex at least once every six months.

Old 07-02-2015, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

On the other hand, unlike same-sex marriage, the idea of which would have been considered a joke not long ago, polygamy has a long, and respectable history. It's mentioned with approval in the Bible and has been an acceptable practice in many other cultures as well. (The Bible is, after all, not the only source of knowledge about that kind of stuff.)
That's not respectable, and it didn't have a stellar track as you imply.

http://news.ucdavis.edu/search/news_...lasso?id=10142

Same-sex marriage is a nutty idea very recently advanced and approved of by people who believe that normal people should not have the right to keep abnormal people from setting bad examples by engaging in abnormal behavior.
We could say the same thing about your marriage. Case in point, in some states it would have been allowed, and in others it wouldn't have. Moreover, your marriage isn't typical, so you're one to talk. How many Americans have such an age gap between partners?

You can predict that the liberals will turn thumbs down because they will say it's oppressive to women. Of course, liberals, being uninformed in general, will have to be made aware that polygamy includes multiple husbands as well as multiple wives.
Canada has had gay marriage for about a decade now, and their SC has kept the ban on polygamy. Try again.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...court-1.856480

It's going to happen. There isn't a legal reason to prevent it.
Someone should have told Canada. It's amusing how self-destructive some people are when they don't get their way.

I know whatcha mean FM. This is my first time, but I'm absolutely glad I waited. I completely hit the jackpot.
Wow. So you never had a relationship with a woman prior to sachiko? Were you really "waiting"?
Old 07-02-2015, 05:25 PM
Banned

So what do you think the Honorable Justice Kennedy would have to say about polygamy? You can predict that the liberals will turn thumbs down because they will say it's oppressive to women. Of course, liberals, being uninformed in general, will have to be made aware that polygamy includes multiple husbands as well as multiple wives.
We don't claim that mixed-sex marriage requires acceptance of polygamy. So why would same-sex marriage require it? When we were doing away with restrictions on marriage based upon race that was the argument that was used: If we allow people of different races to marry, why not polygamy and incest? If it's a bogus argument when applied to race, why does it suddenly gain legitimacy when applied to sexual orientation?
Old 07-02-2015, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Incoming View Post
If it's a bogus argument when applied to race, why does it suddenly gain legitimacy when applied to sexual orientation?
Spot-on. Many people are just simply disingenuous, and the facts and results don't matter because they're out there to push an agenda.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Incoming View Post
We don't claim that mixed-sex marriage requires acceptance of polygamy. So why would same-sex marriage require it? When we were doing away with restrictions on marriage based upon race that was the argument that was used: If we allow people of different races to marry, why not polygamy and incest? If it's a bogus argument when applied to race, why does it suddenly gain legitimacy when applied to sexual orientation?
I think you are missing the point. An inherent underpinning of the defense of gay marriage is that "marriage" is an arbitrary social construct, a mere convention emerging from the general will of the public.

In that context -- marriage is an arbirtary social construct or social convention -- it seems that it ought to be possible to amend the social construct to include polygamy. It only awaits the amassing of a general will. Or maybe not even a general will, maybe only an obstrepeous and demanding minority.

This is an argument that you have not addressed in your supercilious dismissal of Fieldmouse's contention. Perhaps he overreached when he said it was inevitable. It would have been more accurate to say, for the same reasons Gay Marriage makes sense -- an arbitrary social construct -- polygamous marriage makes sense -- just another arbitrary social construct.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.