Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
It's time to fight back against the PC police >

It's time to fight back against the PC police

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

It's time to fight back against the PC police

Old 07-05-2015, 07:50 AM
  #41  
Little Doe Peep
 
sachiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Japan
Posts: 14,945
Red face

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
Perhaps certain segments of our society have no social traditions.
Maybe those traditions should be imposed or re-imposed by the rest of us.

Is there some good reason why a woman who plans to have children should not be expected to find a husband? Hasn't that been a tradition for a very long time?

The percentage of households living on welfare in Japan was 2.14% in 2008.

http://stats-japan.com/t/kiji/11767

The percentage of households living on welfare in the U.S. of A is 35.4%

http://cnsnews.com/commentary/terenc...631000-welfare

Surely we can do better.
sachiko is offline  
Old 07-05-2015, 07:55 AM
  #42  
Dominant Buck
Thread Starter
 
Fieldmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 37,739
Default

And the book "coming apart" reviews the very reason why those on welfare and/or earning less money are there by their own choice and/or actions. The common denominators are the family unit and religion.
Fieldmouse is offline  
Old 07-05-2015, 08:19 AM
  #43  
Dominant Buck
 
Champlain Islander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: On an Island in Vermont
Posts: 21,861
Default

Originally Posted by sachiko View Post
Maybe those traditions should be imposed or re-imposed by the rest of us.

Is there some good reason why a woman who plans to have children should not be expected to find a husband? Hasn't that been a tradition for a very long time?

The percentage of households living on welfare in Japan was 2.14% in 2008.

http://stats-japan.com/t/kiji/11767

The percentage of households living on welfare in the U.S. of A is 35.4%

http://cnsnews.com/commentary/terenc...631000-welfare

Surely we can do better.
My view on Japan is one that the country has strong traditions, smaller traditional family units and a culture of work. For some reason here in America it has become different for an ever increasing demographic. Our population is quite diverse given the "American way" of welcoming immigrants. I don't know the statistics but suspect Japan has fewer non natives thus allowing a tighter tradition.
Champlain Islander is offline  
Old 07-05-2015, 08:41 AM
  #44  
Little Doe Peep
 
sachiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Japan
Posts: 14,945
Wink

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
My view on Japan is one that the country has strong traditions, smaller traditional family units and a culture of work. For some reason here in America it has become different for an ever increasing demographic. Our population is quite diverse given the "American way" of welcoming immigrants. I don't know the statistics but suspect Japan has fewer non natives thus allowing a tighter tradition.
True, our population is quite diverse and Japan's is quite homogeneous. There are only seven Christians in Japan and two of them don't attend church on a regular basis. (j/k)

Yes, we have incorporated many different immigrations into our society. But which of them brought the tradition of one man, eight kids, by five different women?

Was it the folks from Africa? Doesn't look that way. Those statistics were the same for African-Americans as for any other group a few generations ago. The Irish, Germans, Sicilians? I don't think so.

I think our government's tendency to override morals and enforce what turns out to be a Libertarian/Libertine lifestyle is the basis of the problem.

I think this line of thought that society does not have the right to impose moral values on folks has some flaws. Equal rights may not be completely appropriate when applied to behaviors.
sachiko is offline  
Old 07-05-2015, 09:40 AM
  #45  
Nontypical Buck
 
AF Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Iowa (Heartland USA)
Posts: 3,249
Default

Originally Posted by waddler View Post
Solution Euthanasia?
Or even a less radical and overboard solution would be by letting people know that the government is not responsible to pay to raise your children. If you have kids, you better be able to support them.
AF Hunter is offline  
Old 07-05-2015, 09:58 AM
  #46  
Dominant Buck
Thread Starter
 
Fieldmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 37,739
Default

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
My view on Japan is one that the country has strong traditions, smaller traditional family units and a culture of work. For some reason here in America it has become different for an ever increasing demographic. Our population is quite diverse given the "American way" of welcoming immigrants. I don't know the statistics but suspect Japan has fewer non natives thus allowing a tighter tradition.
actually between the open border policy and the welfare state, its changed our American values. The core are still there but being drowned out by an ever increasing population looking for the government handout. We had closed our borders for decades.

It's time we do it for at least one decade and bring back operation Wet Back to deport the illegals instead of distributing them across our country.

Last edited by Fieldmouse; 07-05-2015 at 10:23 AM.
Fieldmouse is offline  
Old 07-05-2015, 10:15 AM
  #47  
Fork Horn
 
waddler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Bogart Georgia/Hunter Arkansas
Posts: 360
Default

Originally Posted by AF Hunter View Post
Or even a less radical and overboard solution would be by letting people know that the government is not responsible to pay to raise your children. If you have kids, you better be able to support them.
OK. Kill them if they don't? Kill the kids too?
waddler is offline  
Old 07-05-2015, 10:17 AM
  #48  
Fork Horn
 
waddler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Bogart Georgia/Hunter Arkansas
Posts: 360
Default

Originally Posted by sachiko View Post

I think our government's tendency to override morals and enforce what turns out to be a Libertarian/Libertine lifestyle is the basis of the problem.

I think this line of thought that society does not have the right to impose moral values on folks has some flaws. Equal rights may not be completely appropriate when applied to behaviors.
Whose morals?

waddler is offline  
Old 07-05-2015, 10:19 AM
  #49  
Nontypical Buck
 
AF Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Iowa (Heartland USA)
Posts: 3,249
Default

Originally Posted by waddler View Post
OK. Kill them if they don't? Kill the kids too?
Your argument is asinine.
AF Hunter is offline  
Old 07-05-2015, 11:20 AM
  #50  
Dominant Buck
 
Champlain Islander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: On an Island in Vermont
Posts: 21,861
Default

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
actually between the open border policy and the welfare state, its changed our American values. The core are still there but being drowned out by an ever increasing population looking for the government handout. We had closed our borders for decades.

It's time we do it for at least one decade and bring back operation Wet Back to deport the illegals instead of distributing them across our country.
FM has it right. In reality won't happen. Our leadership from both sides and even the middle grounders are too afraid to take on that hot button issue. Is it fear from voter push back from emerging and growing minority groups or something else. The larger cities in this state are full of people who mysteriously came here from afar, got free (to them) housing, an education and now jobs. They didn't show up with any money to pay for it all but it happened. The funny thing about the welfare state...after it gets so big it just grows all by itself...out of control.
Champlain Islander is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.