Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
It's time to fight back against the PC police >

It's time to fight back against the PC police

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

It's time to fight back against the PC police

Old 07-05-2015, 06:10 AM
  #31  
Giant Nontypical
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 9,225
Default

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post

What does it matter if there is income inequality?
There has always been "income inequality". It has existed since the beginning of civilization. There was always a social class that was better off than the other classes in society. It doesn't matter where you look, it has always existed. For the LIBs to whine and cry about it just shows they know very little about history and societal development.

I have no problem with income inequality. If I want to improve my income, it is up to me to take the steps to do so. Unlike the LIBs here, I don't want any of you or the govt doing it for me. If I fail to improve my income, then that is my fault.
flags is offline  
Old 07-05-2015, 06:11 AM
  #32  
Nontypical Buck
 
AF Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Iowa (Heartland USA)
Posts: 3,249
Default

Welfare checks for families without a wage earner (either father or mother) in the house should be discontinued as a program. Liberals continuously clamor that the government should not be involved in what happens in the privacy of their own home yet these same people expect the tax payers to pay to raise their children.

Unless the government mandates who you have sexual relations with, it is not responsible for the offspring of said relationships. If you look at the cost to the tax payers, not only in the dollars spent paying these 'parents', but add in the amount spent on the state employees paid to try and recover this money from deadbeat parents, the money wasted on this endeavor is astronomical! In 2010, the government collected 11% of the money spent in welfare cases. (Congressional Research Service) In 2015, $298,922,300,000.00 was spent on welfare payments. @ 11% recovery, $32,881,453,000 was recovered. This is a net annual loss to the tax payers of $266,040,847,000.

To me, that is a lot of money for tax payers to hand out for to the irresponsible, which the liberals condone.
AF Hunter is offline  
Old 07-05-2015, 06:13 AM
  #33  
Little Doe Peep
 
sachiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Japan
Posts: 14,945
Wink

Originally Posted by flags View Post
There has always been "income inequality". It has existed since the beginning of civilization. There was always a social class that was better off than the other classes in society. It doesn't matter where you look, it has always existed. For the LIBs to whine and cry about it just shows they know very little about history and societal development.

I have no problem with income inequality. If I want to improve my income, it is up to me to take the steps to do so. Unlike the LIBs here, I don't want any of you or the govt doing it for me. If I fail to improve my income, then that is my fault.


Absolutely!

We're just sheep and we understand that
sachiko is offline  
Old 07-05-2015, 06:19 AM
  #34  
Little Doe Peep
 
sachiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Japan
Posts: 14,945
Red face

Originally Posted by AF Hunter View Post
Welfare checks for families without a wage earner (either father or mother) in the house should be discontinued as a program. Liberals continuously clamor that the government should not be involved in what happens in the privacy of their own home yet these same people expect the tax payers to pay to raise their children.

Unless the government mandates who you have sexual relations with, it is not responsible for the offspring of said relationships. If you look at the cost to the tax payers, not only in the dollars spent paying these 'parents', but add in the amount spent on the state employees paid to try and recover this money from deadbeat parents, the money wasted on this endeavor is astronomical! In 2010, the government collected 11% of the money spent in welfare cases. (Congressional Research Service) In 2015, $298,922,300,000.00 was spent on welfare payments. @ 11% recovery, $32,881,453,000 was recovered. This is a net annual loss to the tax payers of $266,040,847,000.

To me, that is a lot of money for tax payers to hand out for to the irresponsible, which the liberals condone.
My husband has proposed, and this has nothing to do with any religious beliefs, that one should not be eligible for any welfare benefits if one was not married when the child was born. Exceptions could be made, of course, for unique circumstances.

My husband is fond of citing as an example of how the system has gone wrong, a client of his who fathered eight children by five different women, all of whom were on public assistance. Does that make sense? Is that the way it should be in a strong society?
sachiko is offline  
Old 07-05-2015, 06:29 AM
  #35  
Fork Horn
 
waddler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Bogart Georgia/Hunter Arkansas
Posts: 360
Default

Originally Posted by sachiko View Post
My husband has proposed, and this has nothing to do with any religious beliefs, that one should not be eligible for any welfare benefits if one was not married when the child was born. Exceptions could be made, of course, for unique circumstances.

My husband is fond of citing as an example of how the system has gone wrong, a client of his who fathered eight children by five different women, all of whom were on public assistance. Does that make sense? Is that the way it should be in a strong society?
Solution Euthanasia?
waddler is offline  
Old 07-05-2015, 06:40 AM
  #36  
Dominant Buck
 
Champlain Islander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: On an Island in Vermont
Posts: 21,862
Default

Originally Posted by waddler View Post
Solution Euthanasia?
That would be one way. Once the lower class is eliminated then what happens to the rest of us?
Champlain Islander is offline  
Old 07-05-2015, 06:45 AM
  #37  
Fork Horn
 
waddler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Bogart Georgia/Hunter Arkansas
Posts: 360
Default

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
That would be one way. Once the lower class is eliminated then what happens to the rest of us?
Well, I guess you could be the next in line, or you could be the recipient of whatever wealth was saved.
waddler is offline  
Old 07-05-2015, 06:58 AM
  #38  
Little Doe Peep
 
sachiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Japan
Posts: 14,945
Red face

Many people seem to get nervous when I mention traditions. I don't know why.

I'm fairly young compared to most here, but I understand from those who have been around a while that it used to be the tradition in our country that a couple married and then had children. Of course, sometimes one party would get pregnant and then the marriage would follow. No problem.

That's not true anymore. The overall illegitimacy rate in the U.S. of A is 40.7%. among one substantial segment of our society it's 72%.

It doesn't have to be that way I don't believe. Even back in 1900 in Japan when concubinage was legal, the illegitimacy rate was only 8.8%. It fell to 1.24% in 1995. There has been a rise to 2.22% in 2011, but that's still nowhere near the rates in this country.

I was taught that my behavior must be governed by the traditions of my ancestors.

There is no question that Americans have traditions also, mostly based on Biblical teachings. What happened?
sachiko is offline  
Old 07-05-2015, 07:13 AM
  #39  
Dominant Buck
 
Champlain Islander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: On an Island in Vermont
Posts: 21,862
Default

Originally Posted by waddler View Post
Well, I guess you could be the next in line, or you could be the recipient of whatever wealth was saved.
Where does it end?
Champlain Islander is offline  
Old 07-05-2015, 07:16 AM
  #40  
Dominant Buck
 
Champlain Islander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: On an Island in Vermont
Posts: 21,862
Default

Originally Posted by sachiko View Post
Many people seem to get nervous when I mention traditions. I don't know why.

I'm fairly young compared to most here, but I understand from those who have been around a while that it used to be the tradition in our country that a couple married and then had children. Of course, sometimes one party would get pregnant and then the marriage would follow. No problem.

That's not true anymore. The overall illegitimacy rate in the U.S. of A is 40.7%. among one substantial segment of our society it's 72%.

It doesn't have to be that way I don't believe. Even back in 1900 in Japan when concubinage was legal, the illegitimacy rate was only 8.8%. It fell to 1.24% in 1995. There has been a rise to 2.22% in 2011, but that's still nowhere near the rates in this country.

I was taught that my behavior must be governed by the traditions of my ancestors.

There is no question that Americans have traditions also, mostly based on Biblical teachings. What happened?
Perhaps certain segments of our society have no social traditions.
Champlain Islander is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.