Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
For The Record... >

For The Record...

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

For The Record...

Old 06-17-2015, 07:16 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default For The Record...

It's not just science that's corrupted by politics and power.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...=ansWashpost11

A draft of a major environmental document by Pope Francis says “the bulk of global warming” is caused by human activity — a perspective aligned with most climate scientists but still highly controversial to some Americans.
What in the world does being a religious leader have to do with writing an environmental document?

This, IMO, is one of the main reasons there is no authorization for religious organizations found in the Bible. They garner money and power, which in turn leads to corruption.

Dang...guess now I'll be labeled as "anti religion". Oh well...I have no problem dealing with hypocrites.
Old 06-17-2015, 07:24 AM
Dominant Buck

It's one of the many things I dislike about the catholic church. The pope will go down as one of the worse to ever be pope. In the future, the catholic church will think twice to ever appoint someone from the outside of their little enclave.
Old 06-17-2015, 07:49 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

This one hasn't made it any secret that he has lots of liberal agendas to promote. It's not just the Catholic church though, although they are big enough to get the majority of the press.
Old 06-17-2015, 09:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

So, how does the Pope explain things like naturally occurring ice ages? Is he really saying that natural cycles answer to man and not to God? Kind of funny from the leader of the Catholic Church isn't it?

I wonder if he knows that a single volcanic eruption can put more CO2 into the air in a single day than all people on earth can in a year? I swear, where do they dig up people like this? Thankfully, I'm not Catholic so his words have no bearing on me.
Old 06-17-2015, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

So, how does the Pope explain things like naturally occurring ice ages? Is he really saying that natural cycles answer to man and not to God? Kind of funny from the leader of the Catholic Church isn't it?
What's your explanation? We transition from glacial and interglacial periods because of Milankovitch cycles and CO2 variations, since CO2 concentration is low in the glacial times, and high in the interglacials.

I wonder if he knows that a single volcanic eruption can put more CO2 into the air in a single day than all people on earth can in a year? I swear, where do they dig up people like this? Thankfully, I'm not Catholic so his words have no bearing on me.
You just pulled that out of thin air or thought a blog site was credible like a gullible person.

http://volcanoes.usgs.gov/hazards/gas/climate.php

"Do the Earth’s volcanoes emit more CO2 than human activities? Research findings indicate that the answer to this frequently asked question is a clear and unequivocal, “No.” Human activities, responsible for a projected 35 billion metric tons (gigatons) of CO2 emissions in 2010 (Friedlingstein et al., 2010), release an amount of CO2 that dwarfs the annual CO2 emissions of all the world’s degassing subaerial and submarine volcanoes (Gerlach, 2011)."

The published estimates of the global CO2 emission rate for all degassing subaerial (on land) and submarine volcanoes lie in a range from 0.13 gigaton to 0.44 gigaton per year (Gerlach, 1991; Varekamp et al., 1992; Allard, 1992; Sano and Williams, 1996; Marty and Tolstikhin, 1998). The preferred global estimates of the authors of these studies range from about 0.15 to 0.26 gigaton per year. The 35-gigaton projected anthropogenic CO2 emission for 2010 is about 80 to 270 times larger than the respective maximum and minimum annual global volcanic CO2 emission estimates. It is 135 times larger than the highest preferred global volcanic CO2 estimate of 0.26 gigaton per year (Marty and Tolstikhin, 1998).
Old 06-17-2015, 01:35 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Better prepare for a zombie apocalypse. BB is agreeing with the pope!
Old 06-17-2015, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by LBR View Post
Better prepare for a zombie apocalypse. BB is agreeing with the pope!
It didn't come from the Bible. That's for sure. What I'm curious about is the cognitive dissonance sachiko will experience.
Old 06-17-2015, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

you just now realized churches were money grubbing evil ?

wow
Old 06-17-2015, 03:22 PM
Banned

the catholic church will embrace any idea if it helps fill the pews.
Old 06-17-2015, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

whats the big deal with co2? carbon dioxide correct? don't plants use carbon dioxide and emit oxygen (O2)? so no c02 means no plants and no replenishment of our oxygen supply
RR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.