Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
science wrong again >

science wrong again

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

science wrong again

Old 06-22-2015, 09:49 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

You place major emphasis on "facts" that are not actually facts. Science never said any of that, it was individuals.
No, it was scientific consensus. Just like "man caused climate change" has world-wide scientific consensus now. It appears if you disagree, you are in the minority. Science doesn't always equal fact. Science equals the "fact" of the moment. That is why scientific "facts" change so much.

Misusing the term "fact" doesn't make it so.
I'm not the one misusing it. That's why I put it in parenthesis.

All your examples are not scientific facts, but opinions that falsely utilized the term fact.
False. At one time or another, they were (or in the case of climate change, are) considered to be scientific "fact". That is the entire point. And a lot of what is considered to be scientific "fact" today will be determined to be wrong in the future. Just like the scientific prediction on the Triple Crown was shown to be wrong.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts.
Seems I've seen that statement before somewhere...
Old 06-22-2015, 10:04 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Here we go. I'll make it even easier to understand.

http://listverse.com/2009/01/19/10-d...s-of-the-past/

http://blog.chron.com/sciguy/2010/11...ific-theories/

I thought this was an interesting sideline. From #9.

...and this conformed to the views of biologists such as Charles Darwin, who needed a much older Earth for evolution to unfold.
Once the t.o.e. got a good foothold in the "scientific" community, presto-chango, now the Earth is way older and fits the pre-determined agenda. How convenient.

You can do a search and find more than you'll have time to read.