Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Why do libs love cop killers? >

Why do libs love cop killers?

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Why do libs love cop killers?

Old 11-17-2014, 10:37 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

That guy was just plain dangerous.
Why? What had he done to indicate such?
Old 11-17-2014, 12:58 PM
Typical Buck

Well... if you've got a LEO, who is willing to taunt someone to resist, and then strike them to elicit a response... he's dangerous.

What if the victim had blocked the blow? Or hit him back? Or cold-cocked the officer, upon being slapped by him? What would have been some likely outcomes to any of those?

Very dangerous guy, Deputy Glans - and aptly-named:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NA_N9LE2Gc
Old 11-17-2014, 01:30 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I'd forgotten that idiot...both of them (the officer and the kid taunting him). A bully, unprofessional--no doubt. Dangerous? Looked like a blowhard to me, but that's just speculation.
Old 11-17-2014, 01:42 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by LBR View Post
I'd forgotten that idiot...both of them (the officer and the kid taunting him). A bully, unprofessional--no doubt. Dangerous? Looked like a blowhard to me, but that's just speculation.
To me, the danger is that he's throwing his weight around, with the power of the state behind him. I suspect he's become accustomed to doing it, with impunity. Think on the things I asked - what would be likely outcome to a citizen who objected? Say he encountered you and slapped you in the back of the head, and you responded... in kind? What are the chances that it could quickly become life-threatening? Pretty high, I'd say.
Was the kid taunting him? I only know what's in the video. I suppose the kid would have done better to simply say "no" and NOTHING ELSE when they demanded to search his vehicle... to keep the cop from spinning out of control. Come to think of it... that debacle gives some weight to the idea of saying as little as possible when dealing w/LE.
Old 11-17-2014, 02:01 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

To me, the danger is that he's throwing his weight around, with the power of the state behind him.
Does he have a record? Wasn't he arrested by the state?

Think on the things I asked - what would be likely outcome to a citizen who objected?
Depends on what you mean by "objected". I had to deal with similar situations when I was in Army Basic Training. We had a drill sergeant who went to great lengths to try and get us to raise a hand against him. I personally had a chair kicked out from under me, and was kicked in the armpit (while in the front leaning rest position, aka the "push-up" position). Was this guy "dangerous"? Not IMO, in 8 long weeks of being under him. He was just a bully and a blowhard.

Say he encountered you and slapped you in the back of the head, and you responded... in kind? What are the chances that it could quickly become life-threatening? Pretty high, I'd say.
That is pure speculation, and lots of it. You might get thumped, you might get tazed, you might get pepper sprayed...or you might just get subdued and cuffed. Very uncomfortable, but a long way from "life threatening".

Was the kid taunting him? I only know what's in the video.
In the video the kid is taunting him. Making smart-aleck remarks and at one point puts the camera on himself while he's got a big 'ol grin on his face. It appears he was doing his best to get the officer to smack him and get it on camera. Instant millionaire.

What does this have to do with conservatives? The cop was, at best, unprofessional. Dangerous? I didn't see any evidence of that. Smart alecks tick me off and I'm not even a cop.