Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
More Good News >

More Good News

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

More Good News

Old 07-04-2014, 10:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think my wife would also have a big problem with your thought process on this one Sachiko. One reason I married my wife of 38 years was because she's very independent and doesn't need me to do anything for her. In fact, very often she thinks just the opposite on politics and I always laugh when it comes voting time and tell her we might as well stay home because it always seems that we just cancel each other out at the voting booth. The word subservient is definitely not in her vocabulary!
Old 07-04-2014, 10:55 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I tend to lean towards voter qualification depending on property ownership.

Me too--or at least a tax payer, or have paid a certain percentage of taxes for a certain number of years.

I wouldn't have married my wife if she lacked the ability to make independent decisions. This isn't japan...thank goodness.
Old 07-04-2014, 12:39 PM
Typical Buck

I wrote a paper for physiology class along the line of what Sachiko and others have said, the differences in the physiologic make up of men and women. I also had a public speaking class that I had to research a controversial subject, write and give a speech on it. I concentrated my research on the one subject. My Physiology professor was a women, she did not care about Politically correct, but an accurate assessment of facts, with supporting references listed. The public speaking Professor had the same thinking, Politically Correct was second to, facts given in a manner that caused the audience to be drawn in.
What I found was men are actually more emotional than women. But men over ions have been taught/ raised to suppress many emotions, and to use fear to an advantage, with anger being the most useful in the male role. And you do have the whole right brain, left brain thing and the more or less hard wired connections made between the two sides and transfer of information. Evolution has made us the way we are to fit a need, a purpose. The way we are raised plays a large role in the connections made in the brain.
Men being the bigger and stronger were the defenders, the hunters. Which required a different way of thinking with different connections being made in the brain to optimize for certain needs. Verbal communication and the connections need for that are fewer in men. An attacking enemy usually is not there to talk things over, crying is not going to stop them, wild animals do not discuss with you, if they are going to eat you. Hunting requires stealth, with little verbal communication being needed. Visual cues and clues are much more useful. And men use them much more emotions and visual cues and clues, than most really believe, men have a feeling about things, they cannot explain verbally about many things. That gut feeling, is an emotion that comes from experience, observation, subtle cues and clues in the environment. In many life and death situations you do not get second chances that is where fear and reasoning comes into play. The ability to quickly assess a situation and quickly reason it out for the best outcome in the short and long term. That is how most men are raised and that comes from a strong father. Men reason things out more quickly based on previous things seen and teaching.
Women carry the off spring in the womb, a cumbersome task, which effects agility and the stamina needed for long hunting trips. We have baby bottles now, but babies had to be suckled by a female, at first every 2 hours or so. A crying baby would not be good for a hunting party, or raiding party. Women stayed near home for a reason. A camp is a noisy place, no need not to talk and discuss the many things in/of life. Verbal communication skills were not suppressed, and in fact refined. Women provided much of the everyday food to keep the belly full. But protein provided much more than a full belly. Women communicated verbally much more than men, which berries where good, which plants were good for what, calling the children back. Now that requires reasoning as well but at a slower pace, with time to discuss the best options. You don’t have to sneak up on a plant, noise helps to keep some wild animals away. But you see a child heading for danger you yell and run to snatch them up or away, it don’t take that much reasoning. Men and women are different for a reason, each having an equally important role that insures the survival of mankind.
This is a long and touchy subject. It is the 4th of July it is time to celebrate the beginning the conception maybe not the actual birth which would come many long years full of sacrifice later, of an idea of freedom and liberty which has endured for 238 years and counting. Beer, BBQ, Fireworks with family and friends. God bless and Happy Fourth.

Last edited by ckell; 07-04-2014 at 12:43 PM.
Old 07-04-2014, 01:24 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by flags View Post
My wife did 8 years in the Army. I'm pretty sure she would disagree with your stance here. Try telling her that she shouldn't have the right to vote and she'll drop some serious science on you right now!

Just because you don't want the responsibility and want to defer to a man doesn't mean other ladies do.
I don't think that is where Sachiko is coming from Flags. I don't think that is what she is all about. Sachiko is Oriental and has a strong belief in the traditions some of which are ancient. My view of her post has more to do with respect for her man and the expectation for women in that culture rather than her own personal feelings. The important part is it appears to work well for her which is all anyone could ever ask for.
Old 07-04-2014, 01:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

+1 CI! That is also my take on it.
Old 07-04-2014, 03:34 PM
Dominant Buck

I have seen on here when she thought she was right not backing down even to a mod. Cross her in real life and my bet is she is a 77 pound tiger. You do have to respect her strong attractons to the traditional ways that were taught to her by her mother which came through to her from generations. The traditions of that culture seem at least to me to have weathered the test of time and moderization. In many cultures the old ways have been thrown out which is often a shame.
Old 07-05-2014, 04:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
Cross her in real life and my bet is she is a 77 pound tiger.
Yikes!

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23155088
Lion (Panthera leo) and caracal (Caracal caracal) type IIx single muscle fibre force and power exceed that of trained humans.

Old 07-05-2014, 04:49 AM
Dominant Buck

Big buck HNI should give you the name "the graph". Where do you come up with all this stuff?
Old 07-05-2014, 05:16 AM
Little Doe Peep

Wink

Topgun 3006 and Champlain Islander have it right. Our marriage, like any marriage, is a partnership. And my husband is the managing partner. We each have a role to play and the obligations of that role. His role is that of husband and my role is that of wife. And we can look back over thousands of years of tradition and know what those roles are and what the obligations are.

I am not a slave. I am not subservient. My husband respects me and our daughters respect me. Our daughters can see my behavior and how I have great love and respect from my husband. People might say, "well you have only been married seven years." True, but in seven years, we have never argued, never been angry with each other over some disagreement. There are decisions to be made in any marriage. So we sit down with some beer and sake and have a discussion. Then my husband decides. I do not have the burden of making a decision or the struggle to "get my own way."

I am hoping that my daughters will see the value in this way of living and will follow along. I think they see it, because they accept the decisions of their mama and daddy. They don't have tantrums or go around sulking because they couldn't have some candy or a toy. I mention this because sometimes I see children do this and I'm happy that our daughters don't.

My mother told me that she would not be able to arrange a marriage for me, that I would have to do that myself. She said I would have to approach it as though I were a parent and not some silly girl who thinks she is in love. So that's what I did. And, by the way, there was no physical relationship until the day I moved in with him.

Also, I weigh 72 pounds, not 77.

And I don't think this concept is exactly unique to my ancestors and me.

Here are some admonitions from Christian Bible, although I guess they are no longer politically correct.

Colossians 3:18 - Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.

1 Peter 3:5 - For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands:

Ephesians 5:23 - For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

1 Peter 3:6 - Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.

May The Sheep Be With You
Old 07-05-2014, 05:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by sachiko View Post
I can certainly see where you're coming from. But a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. Not easy to shake off years of maternal indoctrination. You have to at least give it a try. Turns out though, that it works beautifully. Mama was right. I'm happy as a clam.*

Not sure if it would work for everyone. You would have to have those years of maternal indoctrination I think.

*Based on years of tradition, we have to assume that clams are happy without benefit of empirical evidence.
doing right has it's own rewards, but is also rewarded.

If I asked my wife not to do something. she wouldn't. Many would have raised hackles at that, but that's only because they've not gotten past things that hold them back. Things like "you can't tell me what to do" is the filter they run what they hear through first.

My wife's gentle ways, love and devotion have bought and paid for me. Because of that I've been able to progress to the point that if I ask her anything she trusts that, she made major investments into me so she could.

Dealing with the emotional baggage constantly seldom causes growth and all suffer. In fact that is the original sin.

What is the reward for doing right as a wife?

The heart of another person. How rare and precious is that? If someone owns your heart what would you ask them to do?

I never ask my wife not to do something, never seems to be a need to. I tease her often though. A 2 hour concert and she needs to pack food for all of us and everyone else who'll be there. She just can't help it and that's why she owns my heart.

I do kind of ask her to run the car through the car wash which seems impossible for her. On the way to the annual 4th concert at the R. Hayes Museum yesterday the car in need of washing I made a detour to the wash, she as always felt sorry for neglecting it. If you get the deluxe wash gas is 10cents off. I punched it and the discount didn't show so I went inside to get it straightened out. Things not working right, please accept a free 10 dollar car wash, have a nice day. Doing right has it's own rewards, but is also rewarded.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.