Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Media Bias for all to see >

Media Bias for all to see

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Media Bias for all to see

Old 06-26-2014, 10:36 AM
  #31  
Typical Buck
 
ckell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: North Texas
Posts: 751
Default

Was being in office, Congress, or other political offices ever supposed to be a career? Did the framers/founders ever intend for it to be that way? Because that is what it has become now? It is hard to make the hard decisions when you are looking at the decision in the terms of if you will get reelected instead of what is actually best for the Country.
The framers/founders intended for those in office to what was right for the country, in a time when it was more understood in those term, than now. A time when people were more independent than they are now. They did not expect the government to feed and clothe them and meet their every need.
The media ( both sides) plays a role in much more now. Where the media gives us their opinion on any given subject in a way that is intended and designed to sway the independent voters into accepting their opinion. They take a subject and rather than give known facts which would be the news and twist it, to meet their personnel desires. If the facts do not support their desires they simply do not report those, or down play them.
We have all had those discussions where when the facts are on our side, the subject begins to get distorted. Old subjects are brought into play where we may not have been as creditable with the facts being on our side, in an attempt to show the facts we now use may not be as strong as they are. It is less about the facts which can be quite simple, and easy to understand. And more on Who wins the argument by clever complicated manipulation of the spoken word without regard for the facts.
Bill O’Reilly made some good points on this. The Chris Christy story, a republican; and George Washington Bridge, much more time devoted to that subject, than was devoted to the IRS subject by much of the Media. Now that more facts are coming out and the Main Stream media can no longer ignore the IRS story, they are reporting more on it, but still attempting to play it down, and attempting to distract.
ckell is offline  
Old 06-29-2014, 04:48 PM
  #32  
Nontypical Buck
 
BigBuck22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,294
Default

Really? They "HAVE TO"? When BOTH sides have access to big money, how can you say that the Democrats "HAVE TO" play the game, but the Republicans are somehow not supposed to or allowed to?

I'll tell you how, it's because you use a double-standard when considering the two parties. All you Democrats are just peeing your pants about the Koch Brothers, while you turn a blind eye to Soros, Steyer, and the other big Democratic donors. Double-standard. You're guilty.
Why would Democrats focus on what Democrat donors do? They didn’t open the flood gates. If Steyer is spending money to make people aware of global warming under this playing field created by Republicans, why would they have to care?

You act as if both parties benefited equally. It’s a no-brainer that the recent SC rulings on this subject have been a net gain for Republicans. However, it might come to bite them in the future. You guys are already complaining that they’re picking on certain donors effectively.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/03/us...ions.html?_r=0

“The Roberts court has been consistently hostile to campaign finance limits. In a half-dozen earlier cases, the five more conservative justices have voted together […]”

http://fox6now.com/2014/04/03/republ...ing-dems-dont/

“WASHINGTON (AP) — Republicans call the Supreme Court’s latest ruling on campaign donations a victory for free speech. Democrats say it’s more like a win for the super-rich.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...nal-amendment/

"Senate Democrats to vote on campaign finance constitutional amendment"
BigBuck22 is offline  
Old 06-30-2014, 04:44 AM
  #33  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: WY
Posts: 2,054
Default

Originally Posted by BigBuck22 View Post
Why would Democrats focus on what Democrat donors do?
lol. You painted yourself into a corner. Precisely the problem with politicians in general, but particularly with Democrats - "Do as I say, not as I do"
homers brother is offline  
Old 06-30-2014, 05:22 AM
  #34  
Giant Nontypical
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Allegan, MI
Posts: 8,019
Default

^^^^^^^^What he said!!!
Topgun 3006 is offline  
Old 06-30-2014, 06:14 AM
  #35  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,661
Default

"Do as I say....not as I do" .... Isn't that the liberal mantra ....
brewman555 is offline  
Old 06-30-2014, 12:32 PM
  #36  
Typical Buck
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 979
Default

Originally Posted by brewman555 View Post
"Do as I say....not as I do" .... Isn't that the liberal mantra ....
no, more like do what you should, instead of what you want.
stormyday395 is offline  
Old 06-30-2014, 12:50 PM
  #37  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,661
Default

Originally Posted by stormyday395 View Post
no, more like do what you should, instead of what you want.
You and the rest of the liberals should live by those words.....
brewman555 is offline  
Old 07-01-2014, 04:51 AM
  #38  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: WY
Posts: 2,054
Default

Originally Posted by stormyday395 View Post
no, more like do what you should, instead of what you want.
"...what you should..."? What's that mean? "Should" ... where does one find out what one "should" do?

There's only ONE book that I refer to that provides such instructions. Gutenberg printed it. Democrats persecute those of us who follow it - because we're not following the Democratic Party's narrative.

No, what you mean here is:

Originally Posted by stormyday395 View Post
no, more like do what I think you should, instead of what you want, and pay no attention to what I'm doing.
I'll stick with my prior assessment of Democrats like you: "Do as I say, not as I do"
homers brother is offline  
Old 07-01-2014, 01:42 PM
  #39  
Nontypical Buck
 
BigBuck22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,294
Default

Originally Posted by homers brother View Post
lol. You painted yourself into a corner. Precisely the problem with politicians in general, but particularly with Democrats - "Do as I say, not as I do"
You couldn't even respond to the points made.

Why would they focus on the Democrat donors when they didn't even give money such influence in the first place? The irony here is that it was made possible by the party that you would vote for. Isn't it funny how the Senate Democrats brought up a call for an amendment to overturn the recent rulings by the conservative SC, and have made comments criticizing those rulings? And then you claim they're not doing enough? How about you rein in the people you voted for?

The issue really is that you're mad that they're making Republican donors look like contemptible people to the public and that this hurts the GOP's image.
BigBuck22 is offline  
Old 07-03-2014, 12:09 AM
  #40  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: PA
Posts: 1,778
Default

Originally Posted by flags View Post
No hunter or gun enthusiast comes to a site like this and heads straight to a thread in the Political Forum. This clown is a fraud and I will publicly call him one right now. I'm pretty sure he'll end up on my ignore list but I'll hold off to see how foolish he gets. If he is like a lot of the recent "plants" he'll get banned within 2 weeks anyways.

Time will tell.
Maybe his knowledge of things outdoors is limited.
Tundra10 is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.