Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Texas Republicans Platform >

Texas Republicans Platform

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Texas Republicans Platform

Old 06-09-2014, 05:07 AM
  #1  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,463
Default Texas Republicans Platform

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/08/us/texas-gop-gay-therapy/


That's the way to get more votes?

Can't get out of their own way can they?
NeverWill is offline  
Old 06-09-2014, 05:12 AM
  #2  
Giant Nontypical
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Allegan, MI
Posts: 8,019
Default

I see you're back! When are you going back to the other threads to answer questions that were asked of you, rather than coming up with more C/Pd links of questionable origin like you continually do?
Topgun 3006 is offline  
Old 06-09-2014, 05:21 AM
  #3  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,463
Default

This link looks pretty solid to me.
NeverWill is offline  
Old 06-09-2014, 06:24 AM
  #4  
Giant Nontypical
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 8,126
Default

Originally Posted by NeverWill View Post
This link looks pretty solid to me.
Did you even bother to read the article? Or is this another example of you merely cutting and pasting the headline?

The reason I ask is because if you did read it you missed the part where the platform you seem concerned with states they understand the value of counseling. No where does it say they demand counseling or that it will be forced on anyone. It does say that no legislation will be allowed that restricts counseling. In other words, the platform allows those that desire counseling to be able to get it.

So you believe that allowing people to have options to chose from is a bad thing? And, why are you, a PA resident, concerned about what they do in TX? Aren't there enough problems in PA, like Black Panthers intimidating voters, in PA for you to concern yourself with?
flags is offline  
Old 06-09-2014, 06:50 AM
  #5  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,463
Default

Originally Posted by flags View Post
Did you even bother to read the article? Or is this another example of you merely cutting and pasting the headline?

The reason I ask is because if you did read it you missed the part where the platform you seem concerned with states they understand the value of counseling. No where does it say they demand counseling or that it will be forced on anyone. It does say that no legislation will be allowed that restricts counseling. In other words, the platform allows those that desire counseling to be able to get it.

So you believe that allowing people to have options to chose from is a bad thing? And, why are you, a PA resident, concerned about what they do in TX? Aren't there enough problems in PA, like Black Panthers intimidating voters, in PA for you to concern yourself with?
With certainty and I am sure you agree that the GOP in Texas did this so they can get the Christian right to rally behind this. Simple fact they are anti-gay and they want the LORD to fix what they see as a problem. They want to deny gay people the same constitutional rights that they enjoy. This has absolutely nothing to do with them providing counseling to those that request it.

Just another step in their plan. Next would be to deny rights to gays unless they go to counseling first. It is a sickness that the christian right has and Texas is the first attempt.

Just like the NRA and gun control. The people better not give an inch on anything related to gun control or it is all over.
NeverWill is offline  
Old 06-09-2014, 07:06 AM
  #6  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Japan
Posts: 3,431
Default

Originally Posted by NeverWill View Post
With certainty and I am sure you agree that the GOP in Texas did this so they can get the Christian right to rally behind this. Simple fact they are anti-gay and they want the LORD to fix what they see as a problem. They want to deny gay people the same constitutional rights that they enjoy. This has absolutely nothing to do with them providing counseling to those that request it.

Just another step in their plan. Next would be to deny rights to gays unless they go to counseling first. It is a sickness that the christian right has and Texas is the first attempt.

Just like the NRA and gun control. The people better not give an inch on anything related to gun control or it is all over.
Might be a good move logistically. I'll bet there are lots more folks on the Christian right who are likely to vote Republican than there are gays likely to vote Republican.

I think the gay fad is going to wear off in a little bit anyway. The excitement of saying, "Hey look at me. I may look like a man, but I'm not a real man because I do it with other men." Yeah, that's gonna get old.

Besides, remember, REAL MEN vote Republican.
cr422 is offline  
Old 06-09-2014, 07:12 AM
  #7  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,463
Default

Originally Posted by cr422 View Post
Might be a good move logistically. I'll bet there are lots more folks on the Christian right who are likely to vote Republican than there are gays likely to vote Republican.

I think the gay fad is going to wear off in a little bit anyway. The excitement of saying, "Hey look at me. I may look like a man, but I'm not a real man because I do it with other men." Yeah, that's gonna get old.

Besides, remember, REAL MEN vote Republican.
I am more concerned about the Religious Right's never ending quest to take away my constitutional rights.

I am certainly not gay, but if they win this battle what will be next.

I have a coworker that has lived with a guy for the past 19 years and just last week took advantage of his right to get married in PA. Not sure it is wearing off on him.
NeverWill is offline  
Old 06-09-2014, 07:16 AM
  #8  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,463
Default

Religion is more dangerous than anyone thinks.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/m...rs/?tid=pm_pop
NeverWill is offline  
Old 06-09-2014, 07:17 AM
  #9  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,661
Default

Originally Posted by NeverWill View Post
I am more concerned about the Religious Right's never ending quest to take away my constitutional rights

Will .... What constitutional rights has the Religious right tried to take away from you .....?????
brewman555 is offline  
Old 06-09-2014, 07:25 AM
  #10  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,463
Default

Originally Posted by brewman555 View Post
Will .... What constitutional rights has the Religious right tried to take away from you .....?????
I don't trust them for a second.

They want religion in government more and more and I think it should be less and less.

What they think is truth might be totally fake and made up and I don't want them casting those values upon me or anyone in the government.

They should require counseling before you join their churches.
NeverWill is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.