Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Texas Republicans Platform >

Texas Republicans Platform

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Texas Republicans Platform

Old 06-09-2014, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by NeverWill View Post
Supreme court said so based upon a legal challenge to stop abortions by some religious groups.
Will .... You said The Constitution says you have the right to an abortion......

Exactly where....???

What Amendment ....????

Just because the Supreme Court allows abortions doesn't make abortions a Constitutional Amendment ....
Old 06-09-2014, 11:32 AM
Fork Horn

So NW what will you say and do when the Muslims get their Sharia law instituted in the United States and demand that all schools and places of work establish an area where they can hold their prayers? And what will you say when they start demanding that gays be executed because of their sexual promiscuity?
Old 06-09-2014, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by NeverWill View Post
I will try to sum my feelings up on this issue and will move on to better topics.

If Christians want to live their lives according to the bible and not use contraception, eschew abortion, or not marry a person of the same sex, they have that Constitutional right. If they claim as followers of Christ (not that they are) their bible commands them to passionately hate people who use contraception, abortion services, or marry a person of the same sex, the Constitution protects their biblical right to hate. However, if they force the rest of the population to follow their biblical beliefs, either by employment contract or state laws, the Constitution strictly forbids it.
The Bible doesn't command Christians to hate people. That's totally contradictory to why Christ came. We are expected to weigh the actions of people see if those actions are in line w/Gods will. If those actions are not of Gods will, then Christian mustn't do likewise. Judging an act(ion) is not judging an individual. Many people can't handle Christianity because they're too involved w/self. In the end, self will lead that person to their destruction.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:09 PM
Typical Buck

Will I am not sure just how this dog hunts. I get Republican news letters often. I will admit I don't read them all. I have a Card with a Member Number, and no I will not post that number. As a member of the Republican Party of Texas. So you can imagine the number of letters and request for donations.

I may have missed the one on this particular subject, But I do not recall seeing it.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by flatbkman View Post
So NW what will you say and do when the Muslims get their Sharia law instituted in the United States and demand that all schools and places of work establish an area where they can hold their prayers? And what will you say when they start demanding that gays be executed because of their sexual promiscuity?
Why the heck would that ever happen here. Seems like we are heading in 100% the opposite direction.

Or are you somehow working some BHO Sharia Law conspiracy theory that the GOP uses to get votes.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Game Stalker View Post
The Bible doesn't command Christians to hate people. That's totally contradictory to why Christ came. We are expected to weigh the actions of people see if those actions are in line w/Gods will. If those actions are not of Gods will, then Christian mustn't do likewise. Judging an act(ion) is not judging an individual. Many people can't handle Christianity because they're too involved w/self. In the end, self will lead that person to their destruction.
Wow so destruction is where people are headed if they don't follow your way.

God's will according to who if there really is a god.

Interesting perception from someone without hate.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ckell View Post
Will I am not sure just how this dog hunts. I get Republican news letters often. I will admit I don't read them all. I have a Card with a Member Number, and no I will not post that number. As a member of the Republican Party of Texas. So you can imagine the number of letters and request for donations.

I may have missed the one on this particular subject, But I do not recall seeing it.
Google this : Texas Republicans favor 'reparative therapy' platform for gays

Just by the title and idea in their minds they think they need to be fixed. I think gays are somehow broken but I have the same idea about millions of other heterosexual's also.

You can tell I kind of think that about religious extremists that follow that line of thinking every day, but I sure don't want to send them to a therapy session so they stop reading their bible every day. See that is the difference in the GOP and Dem's that will always bring me back to the left.

Last edited by NeverWill; 06-09-2014 at 12:18 PM.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:33 PM
Typical Buck

There was mention of it at the Convention. Not sure it proves Texans favor it. And the head line "Texas GOP Backs Cruz, Therapy For Gays" is a little misleading. you have to read the whole thing. This is the "Texas GOP backs Cruz" part. Far less contentious, though, was a 2016 presidential straw poll expected to be dominated by firebrand U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz.

Firebrand U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz has easily won a 2016 presidential straw poll at the state Republican Convention in his native Texas. Cruz took 43 percent of the vote Saturday, at a gathering in Fort Worth featuring roughly 7,000 delegates. Conservative speaker and author Ben Carson was second with 12.2 percent.

Meanwhile, delegates looked poised to avoid a floor fight as they considered scrapping long-standing platform language that "homosexuality tears at the fabric of society." But they also were set to sanction language allowing Texans to seek voluntary counseling to "cure" being gay -- in contrast to California and New Jersey, which have previously banned such therapy, citing evidence it was dangerous to young people.

Gay conservatives said they didn't want to oppose the motion for fear there could be a backlash resulting in even harsher platform language

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Tex...262249801.html

Last edited by ckell; 06-09-2014 at 12:45 PM.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:48 PM
Typical Buck

Thinking about and endorsing are two different animals.

Here's what the draft says now about LGBT people:

Homosexuality must not be presented as an acceptable alternative lifestyle, in public policy, nor should family be redefined to include homosexual couples. We believe there should be no granting of special legal entitlements or creation of special status for homosexual behavior, regardless of state of origin.

Additionally, we oppose any criminal or civil penalties against those who oppose homosexuality out of faith, conviction, or belief in traditional values.We recognize the legitimacy and value of counseling which offers reparative therapy and treatment to patients who are seeking escape from the homosexual lifestyle. No laws or executive orders shall be imposed to limit or restrict access to this type of therapy.

http://www.thewire.com/politics/2014...herapy/372239/
Old 06-09-2014, 01:43 PM
Dominant Buck

Wow it was a simple question and we are now on page 3 and Will still hasn't been able to come up with one right that republicans are attempting to take away.

He's a for real CEO guys. Can you tell how well he is able engage in meaningful conversation?

Hey Will, let's try this again, what right are the republicans trying to take away from you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.