Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
GOP just keeps making it easier >

GOP just keeps making it easier

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

GOP just keeps making it easier

Old 03-07-2014, 01:41 PM
  #81  
Dominant Buck
 
Fieldmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 37,719
Default

Let me help you out here since obviously you don't understand the laws of your state. Please read through this and explain where the test for being gay is in this law?

http://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/stat...atutes/765.pdf
Fieldmouse is offline  
Old 03-07-2014, 01:42 PM
  #82  
Typical Buck
 
ckell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: North Texas
Posts: 757
Default

Originally Posted by LBADG View Post
Here you go they do not enjoy the same legal state sanctioned ability to form a family unit under the eyes of the law in many states.

OMG you just may strangle your self twisting this one..Go!
They share all the same rights except that one. The thing of it is not all of them want that right either. For what ever reason they are Gay, it is only about 5% of the US population as well as 5% of the world population, and most in all cultures for what ever reason see being Gay if not just plain wrong, not natural. So you are makeing a law that effects the Sensibilities of so many in one way or another for a group of less than 2.5 % in a very vocal bunch who want special treatment by the remaining 97.5 % total poulation of the world.
ckell is offline  
Old 03-07-2014, 01:47 PM
  #83  
Little Doe Peep
 
sachiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Japan
Posts: 14,945
Wink

Originally Posted by LBADG View Post
Here you go they do not enjoy the same legal state sanctioned ability to form a family unit under the eyes of the law in many states.

OMG you just may strangle your self twisting this one..Go!
If you analyze that from the legal standpoint and just look at the law, gays have the same rights as non-gays.

I can get married, and I did get married. I was never asked if I was gay. I only had to prove my age and get my mother's permission since I was not 18. I could have been gay. My husband could have been gay. The law here in Michigan merely states that the person you marry has to be of the opposite sex. It doesn't matter if you're gay. Two straight guys would not be able to marry each other either.

So it's not really a question of gay rights. It's just that some people are looking for a change in the law that would allow people of the same sex to marry each other.

According to my husband, this could have some financial and business advantages. For example, two straight guys, investors in real estate, could marry. Then, under Michigan law, they would be tenants by the entireties in their real estate holdings eliminating the need for partnership tax returns and making one party the sole owner of the holdings upon the death of the other. Filing a joint return might very well have some tax advantages.




Hmmmm
sachiko is offline  
Old 03-07-2014, 01:51 PM
  #84  
Dominant Buck
 
Fieldmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 37,719
Default

They share all the same rights except that one.
what are you talking about? This isn't a true statement. Under the law, they are allowed to marry and form a family nit. There is no gay test to this law. What you are claiming is different law. Because just like gay man can't marry another gasman, neither can I. I can't marry a gay man. So as I pointed out, no one has any other rights under the law as anyone else.

LBADG doesn't understand the legislative process and cant respect other people's opinions. I respect her right to lobby for legislation to change the law but I can't respect her demand to go outside the process and force her beliefs onto me. Go judge shopping to invent a new discrimination BS where none has ever been found before.

The SC, they claim to respect their decision, has declared marriage is a state issue. Feds should have zero say but that doesn't stop a judge attempting to make a name for themself and force their opinions to make laws. Respect the process is all I ask for the sake of society. We are in dangerous water right now. One day wait til they come for your freedom.
Fieldmouse is offline  
Old 03-07-2014, 01:58 PM
  #85  
Fork Horn
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: northeast
Posts: 115
Default

Why would I care about a Wisconsin document?
LBADG is offline  
Old 03-07-2014, 02:02 PM
  #86  
Dominant Buck
 
Fieldmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 37,719
Default

Originally Posted by LBADG View Post
Why would I care about a Wisconsin document?
You're the said badger. Give me a state and I will post the link to their laws so you can pick out where the law applies differently. It's been a very long time since they were laws based on race with the exception of current federal laws regarding contracts.
Fieldmouse is offline  
Old 03-07-2014, 02:04 PM
  #87  
Little Doe Peep
 
sachiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Japan
Posts: 14,945
Red face

In all honesty, the people complaining about how gay "marriage" destroys the sanctity of marriage are overlooking the fact that about 50% of marriages end in divorce.

And many of those complaining about how gay "marriage" destroys the sanctity of marriage have themselves been married more than once.

Kind of takes the edge off the argument.
sachiko is offline  
Old 03-07-2014, 02:11 PM
  #88  
Typical Buck
 
ckell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: North Texas
Posts: 757
Default

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
what are you talking about? This isn't a true statement. Under the law, they are allowed to marry and form a family nit. There is no gay test to this law. What you are claiming is different law. Because just like gay man can't marry another gasman, neither can I. I can't marry a gay man. So as I pointed out, no one has any other rights under the law as anyone else.

LBADG doesn't understand the legislative process and cant respect other people's opinions. I respect her right to lobby for legislation to change the law but I can't respect her demand to go outside the process and force her beliefs onto me. Go judge shopping to invent a new discrimination BS where none has ever been found before.

The SC, they claim to respect their decision, has declared marriage is a state issue. Feds should have zero say but that doesn't stop a judge attempting to make a name for themself and force their opinions to make laws. Respect the process is all I ask for the sake of society. We are in dangerous water right now. One day wait til they come for your freedom.
Not trying to be argumentative and I do understand both FM, Sachiko. But gay or not Two individuals cannot get married because they are the same sex. It is spliting hairs, but those individuals, they can not make a presonnel choice because of thier sex. That is spliting hairs. But then so is saying they have the same rights, because you as a straight person can not marry the same sex. If you are straight person why would you want to marry the same sex.
ckell is offline  
Old 03-07-2014, 02:17 PM
  #89  
Little Doe Peep
 
sachiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Japan
Posts: 14,945
Wink

Originally Posted by ckell View Post
Not trying to be argumentative and I do understand both FM, Sachiko. But gay or not Two individuals cannot get married because they are the same sex. It is spliting hairs, but those individuals, they can not make a presonnel choice because of thier sex. That is spliting hairs. But then so is saying they have the same rights, because you as a straight person can not marry the same sex. If you are straight person why would you want to marry the same sex.
The law forbids me doing many things even though I don't want to do them. Those laws apply equally to those who want to do it and those who don't.
sachiko is offline  
Old 03-07-2014, 02:18 PM
  #90  
Fork Horn
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: northeast
Posts: 115
Default

The word games you play are now bordering on school yard...
They can not under the law Form a Family unit with an equally human partner of their choosing. Now saying, well I can marry a gay man..well you wouldn't choose to marry a guy man so they do not share the same rights under the law as you. As I stated I fully understand your position. Same gender ppl marrying and raising families, being productive, tax paying, church going members of society, would threaten the teaching of your own social peers.Lets not forget your biblical indoctrination stating them as deviant and unnatural , not worthy of such grace. Now they have actually been doing so for generations. That doesn't matter because full sociological acceptance may eat away at some of your personal foundations...cracks your unable to except...understood

Last edited by LBADG; 03-07-2014 at 02:20 PM.
LBADG is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.