Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Prominent Republicans Support "Gay Rights" >

Prominent Republicans Support "Gay Rights"

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Prominent Republicans Support "Gay Rights"

Old 03-07-2014, 06:17 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by LBADG View Post
Really? Naaahhhh
Originally Posted by Lunkerdog View Post
Guess that sarcasm isn't just when yer facing hostility

Couldn't help myself...
LD ...That was friendly sarcasm. Thus the smiley and the Naaahhhhh..lol
LOL

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
fyi, feelings have no place in interpreting the constitution and limited government. Not everyone's feelings are the same and can change on a dime. It's why we are a nation that is supposed to be grounded in our founding document, the consitution and law. It's the only way to focus on everyone at once. The moment you try and narrow in to help one individual or group, you hurt everyone. Think about it!
LBADG you are about to wittness somthing that is going to knock FM out of his set. Because I agree with him on that.

Now we may not agree, as to what feelings, or beliefs are, and what beliefs are little more than just feelings of faith. And do not apply to the Document, any more than others. But I agree with the point of it.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:51 PM
Dominant Buck

Lol, then it is you who misinterpret me squirrel.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:55 PM
Typical Buck

Lol, then it is you who misinterpret me squirrel.
S plain Lucy you have some S plaining to do.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:21 PM
Fork Horn

Ckell, I am not on a device I can quote what I said about my personal experience with God...I explained plainly it was about ME.to give a foundations on my thoughts...please explain to me how he or you connected that to the constitution. How did he even come close to an inference of my explanation of my personal spirituality had any connection to the government in any way. please go back and 're-read that passage. if anything in was made in part due to poorly vailed assertion, in a few post , that I either did not believe in God or was some how biblically uninformed.

Ckell.to address feelings and our founding documents...that is what they were based on. The thoughts and feelings of the men that signed those documents. How do you think that the minority,slaves(human property) then later civil right for blks came about? How about woman's rights from ownership of property to voting and having control of their own bodies...all minorities in social status. They had their feelings and struggles heard and still being in the minority had government documents changed ....Now that said , I'm out of this conversation. He can infer I'm "running away" and that's fine What it comes down to is, sadly pointless.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:03 PM
Dominant Buck

FYI, legislation. Think about it.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:14 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cr422 View Post
I think it's pretty clear that the basic concept of marriage developed while we were evolving as a species. While we evolved physically, a social structure also evolved. Part of that social structure involved a male-female pair bond that came to be called, in time, marriage.

In view of the fact that about half of all marriages end in divorce, it's not easy to argue strongly in favor of "traditional" marriage. Male promiscuity being the driving force behind the gay lifestyle, I'm curious to see what kind of impact that will have on gay marriage statistics.
I know what you meant in the emboldened statement above but I somehow don't think many lesbians would agree with you. I'm related to some and know a few more and don't recall any of them declaring male promiscuity created or caused their gay decision or lifestyle change.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:18 PM
Super Moderator

fyi, feelings have no place in interpreting the constitution and limited government. Not everyone's feelings are the same and can change on a dime. It's why we are a nation that is supposed to be grounded in our founding document, the consitution and law. It's the only way to focus on everyone at once. The moment you try and narrow in to help one individual or group, you hurt everyone. Think about it!
Well said indeed!! Kudos!
Old 03-07-2014, 08:49 PM
Super Moderator

Ckell, I am not on a device I can quote what I said about my personal experience with God...I explained plainly it was about ME.to give a foundations on my thoughts...please explain to me how he or you connected that to the constitution. How did he even come close to an inference of my explanation of my personal spirituality had any connection to the government in any way. please go back and 're-read that passage. if anything in was made in part due to poorly vailed assertion, in a few post , that I either did not believe in God or was some how biblically uninformed.

Ckell.to address feelings and our founding documents...that is what they were based on. The thoughts and feelings of the men that signed those documents. How do you think that the minority,slaves(human property) then later civil right for blks came about? How about woman's rights from ownership of property to voting and having control of their own bodies...all minorities in social status. They had their feelings and struggles heard and still being in the minority had government documents changed ....Now that said , I'm out of this conversation. He can infer I'm "running away" and that's fine What it comes down to is, sadly pointless.
You're new here so welcome aboard. There's no shortage of strong-willed people with strongly held (and defended) opinions here so I'm sure you'll fit right in and add to the special qualities this place seems to provide. Each of them is welcome and they all bring something to the table.

Debating, discussing (or arguing as some prefer to call it) offers many of us an opportunity to refine our thoughts and beliefs in a give and take kind of group discussion where a lot of critical thinkers with keen minds will try to prevail against your opinion or position.

Some people like that type of scrutiny and enjoy a "vigorous" debate and discussion. Some don't and often leave or just resort to drive-by postings instead of discussing/debating the issues. that doesn't seem to be your style and that's a good thing.

The regulars on here have hundreds or often thousands of posts here and have had the advantage of sifting through each others' statements, arguments, beliefs and sometimes even personal tragedies and have gotten to know each other well. Most of us find that typing our thoughts presents challenges in accurately conveying what we mean. At times, others can think we're being critical, sarcastic, disrespectful or just plain rude when such "inflections" were neither intended or even considered.

People often misspell words or use a word that doesn't technically mean what they are trying to convey. Our minds (or brains if you prefer) are often able to somehow translate that when we try. Having the context of hundreds or thousands of previous posts obviously can help in that respect.

FWIW, and this is directed at EVERYBODY on this board (including me), it's intelligent to attempt to educate somebody one thinks is ignorant or simply doesn't know about something. It's kind and wise to attempt to help somebody understand something they might not fully understand or appreciate. When any of us states or implies that somebody is simply stupid, one has to wonder about the sanity of a person who insists on arguing with somebody they think is stupid or an idiot. One makes their point and the other person still doesn't understand (or "get it") which is somewhat intellectually akin to a tree falling in the forest with nobody to hear it.

There's an old saying about catching more flies with honey as opposed to vinegar. Sheldon on the Big Bang show says that manure catches even more flies and that should invalidate the expression (or something to that effect). But as we all know, nobody likes it when you offer them manure. Some people like vinegar in salad dressings or in the South's version of BBQ (now I'm really starting an argument). However, most people (including most bears) like honey.

Now that I've probably started the BBQ sauce argument AGAIN,

welcome to the forum and stay a while. You'll probably end up "refining" some of your opinions like the rest of us and will find that it's pretty easy for good topics to balloon up to 10+ pages when the discussion is that good or the topic is just plain that much fun to debate. Anyway, welcome again.
Old 03-08-2014, 03:05 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by CalHunter View Post
I know what you meant in the emboldened statement above but I somehow don't think many lesbians would agree with you. I'm related to some and know a few more and don't recall any of them declaring male promiscuity created or caused their gay decision or lifestyle change.
I have a real close friend that was a lesbian when I met her. Truth be told, I like to say my wife attacks them, lol. Seriously back to the friend. She had been married twice has several kids but apparently poor chooser of men. Both were aholes and I know one was an alcoholic. She turned to lesbian lifestyle partly out of that but also lack of good men now for women over really I'd say 35.

It does amaze me how many single women I know today. That are great gals and some are really close friends. They got married back in their 20s and it didn't work out. They want to meet Mr. Right but not many out there.

With that said, face it, if you're 40 everyone comes with baggage. Some more than others. I can tell you, it's very lonely for a gal at that age. For a man, I don't think it's as bad because they seem to live a more active lifestyle and if they are looking for a date, they usually look for the younger gals.

So where do you turn for companionship when in that situation?
Old 03-08-2014, 05:19 AM
Fork Horn

Thank you for the welcome Cal hunter. With an understanding of human nature...HHmmm I must say it's been a bit mind blowing...lol So I'll stick with the hunting threads...It has given me a whole new perspective though. To a few years and hundreds of pages of the same ppl hashing over the cross bow issue on another forum.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.