Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
A Scientific Assessment >

A Scientific Assessment

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

A Scientific Assessment

Old 09-24-2013, 03:15 AM
Little Doe Peep

Wink

I think some of the problem of getting the truth out can be attributed to the poor quality of science education in this country.

If you know and understand that the earth is over 4 billion years old and that there have been many, many, climate changes during that time, you realize that we only occupy a very tiny segment of that time.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:58 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by sachiko View Post
I think some of the problem of getting the truth out can be attributed to the poor quality of science education in this country.

If you know and understand that the earth is over 4 billion years old and that there have been many, many, climate changes during that time, you realize that we only occupy a very tiny segment of that time.
Here we go again. I better get dressed and get out to the back deck. I took the day off from fishing flat fish to stain the deck and hope to be ready to fish tomorrow. Then again the reason why I am off the water is my truck is getting some body work. Somebody backed into me and left while I was parked at the fishing access.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:06 AM
Little Doe Peep

Smile

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
Here we go again. I better get dressed and get out to the back deck. I took the day off from fishing flat fish to stain the deck and hope to be ready to fish tomorrow. Then again the reason why I am off the water is my truck is getting some body work. Somebody backed into me and left while I was parked at the fishing access.
That's a bummer about your truck. Good luck with the deck.

I have to get to school now too. I have lots to do.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:24 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Yep---except nobody "knows" that, it's a w.a.g. . Science can't accurately predict next week's weather, but we are supposed to believe they can figure out "billions" of years ago...give or take a hundred million or so (but who's counting?). Doesn't matter--it will change before the next textbook is printed.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I try to keep an open mind about climate change and understand that there isn't anyone here who absolutely knows the answer. Everyone has an opinion and many here seem to refute anything that comes out of the scientific community. 20 years from now we will know more and 100 years after that we will have increased our understanding and so on. That is what science does … evaluate, hypothesize and test. I do feel the hands of man contribute to climate change on a small localized scale. The smog and smell that hangs over most large cities are a testament to what I am talking about. In places like Beijing China where there isn't any limits to what is spewed out into the atmosphere the smog makes normal outside activities difficult. Whether that condition can affect a larger body of our atmosphere is something that is being studied. Our acid rain here in the east has changed the PH in many of our pristine mountain lakes. Scientists trace that back to pollution from mid western coal plants and carried here by prevailing winds. I can’t say science is bad because it is responsible for most of the improvements mankind has experienced through time. Treatments for diseases, vaccines and advanced medical testing technology are all things that were invented or discovered by people engaged in the scientific community. As time goes on mankind learns more. Without an open mind those discoveries would end. The positive point about a wrong scientific conclusion is over time it is proven wrong and advancement in understanding is made.
I understand an open mind. What I see is a scam. We have zero proof yet Washington wants us to believe its an undisputed fact. That is not true at all. They simply don't have freaking clue. They change their story over and over because what they previously told us fell apart. They have been caught with the emails and we know they were worried that the temps were not going up like they thought.

Every time something doesn't happen they simply change their prediction. They tell us with great certainty these things will without a doubt happen yet they don't. They make up facts and computer models that are flops. Did you know many of the temp. reporting stations were shut down in colder climate and many others are in places like next to a interstate where they collect faulty data. Its a joke.

All the while the government puts policy in place that allows them to gain more power than ever before. Just look at the smoking gun and who benefits the most by not allowing this to go away.

Why do some think this snap shot in time is the norm while any change is bad?. The earth will not stand still for our convenience.

Last edited by Kybuckhunter; 09-24-2013 at 12:09 PM.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:04 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Good assessment KY, and it just furthers my point. The 15-20 year...even if you called it 100 years...that "climate change" has been considered a "science", that would be considered a miniscule, almost unmeasureably small amount of time compared to the "billions" we are supposed to believe in. We are supposed to believe that "science" can nail down something that went on "millions" or "billions" of years ago (nevermind that the theories are constantly changing) when such a tiny time frame can't be nailed down accurately?

Just a tiny sampling of common sense should tell any thinking person that it's a sham...especially when the theories and w.a.g.'s are pronounced as "fact".

"Climate change" and the t.o.e. are one and the same.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:17 AM
Dominant Buck

I am sure there are some political issues associated with the study of climate change. I can buy the doubt on the Gore crowd since that faction is political and using "special people" in the scientific community to further their agenda. Science by definition is the only way our society has progressed. What I continually hear from a few people on this forum is that science is nothing, called some sort of a religion and isn't to be trusted. I don't think that is an accurate depiction of what is going on. I personally believe science is way closer to understanding the age of the earth and the study of animal evolution both existing and extinct than some other sources of information. Then again there are people in the world who refuse all modern day medical treatments and rely on something else to cure what ails them. To each their own. When i need the best idea of what the weather will bring before I go out on the lake I use meterorological science for a best chance of accuracy. Is it perfect... heck no but it is the best tool I have to keep myself safe.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 09-24-2013 at 10:20 AM.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:43 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

What I continually hear from a few people on this forum is that science is nothing, called some sort of a religion and isn't to be trusted.
That is selective hearing CI. I for one have stated numerous times that I have a love and appreciation for real science. Of course I don't consider most of what is purported about the t.o.e. or climate change as real science, and for the same reasons. Sticking a few $5 words in front of something and calling it "science" doesn't make it science.

At least you are honest about it. You state it's your personal beliefs. You don't try to say "this is how it is, period".

I personally believe science is way closer to understanding the age of the earth and the study of animal evolution both existing and extinct than some other sources of information.
Nobody "understands" it. Some are just not honest enough to admit that. Giant egos won't accept that. So you get this garbage about "millions" and "billions" of years ago, when they can't figure out next week. Why anyone buys into that is a mystery to me.

When i need the best idea of what the weather will bring before I go out on the lake I use meterorological science for a best chance of accuracy.
And it's still a shot in the dark. You may very well get as good or better accuracy from the "Old Farmer's Almanac" or grandpa's trick knee.

Not to say that meteorologists are dishonest--they just don't have a grasp on nature. They know this--that's why when you watch a weather forecast they say there's a "chance" of rain. Want to bet your truck, your house, or your life on them being correct?

According to algore the entire Earth should be screwed right now--polar caps melting, waters rising, etc. How's that working out? Whoops...seems we may be in a cooling cycle. Oh well...better luck next time. Anyone going to demand algore give all that money back? Anyone going to demand textbooks be reprinted for free? Kid's be re-educated for free? Countless tax dollars spent on "research" be refunded?

Of course not silly! This is "science"! You can't expect them to be right all the time--so what if it's cost billions of dollars, countless jobs, closed down industries, raised the cost of pretty much everything to do with our every day lives....

Dang...wonder why I don't trust those guys?
Old 09-24-2013, 10:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

When i need the best idea of what the weather will bring before I go out on the lake I use meterorological science for a best chance of accuracy. Is it perfect... heck no but it is the best tool I have to keep myself safe.
CI...That's the problem with the science of global warm.....a local weather man will start telling you on Monday what the weather is gonna be on Friday....and most times it changes a few times before Friday gets here....
So how can anyone tell someone what the weather is going to be like in 10 years if they can't tell you what the weather is gonna be like in just a few days....weather is an ever changing thing....
Old 09-24-2013, 11:25 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

So how can anyone tell someone what the weather is going to be like in 10 years if they can't tell you what the weather is gonna be like in just a few days....
Exactly--but they call it "science", so they get a pass.

...science is nothing, called some sort of a religion
One other thing--that's not at all what I said. Not even close. I may be wrong, but I'm guessing that was directed at me specifically, since I didn't see anyone else use a religion referance.

Pretty sure I gave these definitions before, but here it is again, just in case.

"a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe..."

"a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons..."

"confidence or trust in a person or thing"

"strong or unshakeable belief in something"

"any set of firmly held principals or beliefs"

Now tell me...do the above definitions fit those who believe and purport the t.o.e.?

Of course they do. And the above are definitions of religion and faith. Fits the proponents of "climate change" as well.

Last edited by LBR; 09-24-2013 at 12:21 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.