Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Interesting Take on Snowden >

Interesting Take on Snowden

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Interesting Take on Snowden

Old 08-04-2013, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator

Default Interesting Take on Snowden

This has been one of those stories/scandals/situations, etc. where you know there's more to the story than is being reported. This information raises a lot of questions about Snowden and his situation. Not only is he a whistleblower or traitor but also, why did he have to go to a British newspaper to shop his story and get it told? Kind of makes you go hmmmm?????

Amash: Snowden a whistle-blower, 'told us what we need to know'
Published August 04, 2013
FoxNews.com

Rep. Justin Amash said Sunday that Edward Snowden is a whistle-blower -- adding to the debate about whether the American should be considered a traitor for leaking National Security Agency secrets while working as a federal contractor.

Amash, R-Mich., acknowledged that Congress was aware that U.S. intelligence agents could gather information on Americans under the post-9/11 Patriot Act but not to the extent Snowden revealed this spring.

“Members of Congress were not really aware … about what these programs were being used for, the extent to which they were being used,” Amash told “Fox News Sunday. “He’s a whistle-blower. He told us what we need to know.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/08/04/republican-rep-amash-snowden-whistleblower-told-us-what-need-to-know/#ixzz2b3A0x8SD
Old 08-04-2013, 04:53 PM
Dominant Buck

Actually, I'm still trying to figure out what secrets he exposed. I posted here a long time ago the government had the ability to turn on your mic on your phone at any given time and wouldn't know anything about it. With all the hackers being able to gain access to your computers, has anyone ever thought they were anything but mere pikers compared to the NSA? Being into the technology, I know a few more things just by shear knowledge of what equipment can do and how networks work. However, it's not within the constitution nor the benefit of the US Citizen to gather every piece of data on every American.

As for the man claiming you don't own your phone number. Really? We now pay a fee to port that number to any phone device. Sure sounds like we own it.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:11 AM
Dominant Buck

We only really own what the government hasn't figured out how to take.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:55 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
We only really own what the government hasn't figured out how to take.
sounds about right