Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
A Key Zimmerman Witness!! >

A Key Zimmerman Witness!!

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

A Key Zimmerman Witness!!

Old 07-07-2013, 04:44 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by LBR View Post
Here's another. You glance out the window to check on your kids in the yard, after you had to run in the house for a 30-second potty break. You see a man grab your little girls and start dragging them toward a van. There's nobody else around, just you and your weapon. What do you do? Do you run out the door and save your children, or do you call 911 and hope for the best?
Oh, that one's easy - shoot the SOB unless he immediately desists. I don't like the death penalty, don't trust the state with the power to kill - but I do trust me.

part of the Z trial is to put stink on armedself defense - Z is just the sap who got into it.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:58 PM
Dominant Buck

I have to side with sachiko on this one. It is our right to carry a gun. Trained LEO's are responsible for using whatever means necessary to ensure law and order. That is their job and they are trained to do so which includes training for handling weapons. The right to carry simply state that one has the right to carry a firearm and doesn't imply that by carrying one allows them to perform LEO duties.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:13 PM
Dominant Buck

Funny, Martin is allowed to racially profile and get away with it. Zimmerman profiles after many neighbors have been broken into over the last few months and he's in trouble. Martin sees him as cracker. Zimmerman just sees a person meandering around in the rain. It wasn't about his race. He admitted to not being sure. Zimmerman didn't confront Martin. Martin confronted Zimmerman. Forensics shows Martin was shot when he was on top of Zimmerman. Martin lost, move on.

It's a real shame how the state is using taking appropriate courses for carrying a gun, and being on neighborhood watch against Zimmerman. You folks need to be worried how the dem force these course on you and then use you taking the course against you if you get into this sort of situation.

As the cops determined at the time, no law broken. This was a race twisted idea pushed by the left wing media. If riots break out, they need to be held accountable.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:14 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
I have to side with sachiko on this one. It is our right to carry a gun. Trained LEO's are responsible for using whatever means necessary to ensure law and order. That is their job and they are trained to do so which includes training for handling weapons. The right to carry simply state that one has the right to carry a firearm and doesn't imply that by carrying one allows them to perform LEO duties.
Is there any evidence of Zimmerman confronting Martin and calling for a citizens arrest?
Old 07-07-2013, 07:05 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

You're deliberately missing the point here Chad. The exact purpose of carrying a gun is to protect yourself and/or your family.
You didn't answer any of the questions--too real? What if you couldn't tell it was your hubby getting his skull rearranged, and only found out after the fact? What if you could have done something to save him, but instead chose to stand by with a cell phone and dial 911? What would you tell that instructor the next time you saw him? "Thank you so much for your wise instruction"?

Good grief, did I REALLY have to explain that to you?
You haven't "explained" anything. You seem to be demonstrating hypocrisy. Don't do anything you wouldn't do if you didn't have a gun in your hand, unless it's someone you really care about?

Okay, maybe Zimmerman thought that this couldn't happen in a million years. But now we know it can, don't we?
And, and as I have shown, we know that in the huge majority of cases it would never turn out that way. We know the driving force in the Zimmerman case is racism, not right or wrong or the law. So, if there's a minute chance it will cause you problems, cower rather than do the right thing? It appears Zimmerman actually tried to follow your instructor's directions.

Answer: You call 911 and stay on the line so you can direct the cops. Try to get some identity clues in case someone takes off before the cops arrive.
Didn't work out so well for him huh? According to the call, it appears that Zimmerman was retreating to his vehicle when attacked by Martin. So your point is?

You have to think ahead. That's why the Creator gave us a brain. You can learn from experience. But you can profit even more if you learn from the experience of others.
Like I said, I have experience. I have family and friends with experience. I don't need the "textbook" (liberal) answer. You aren't "learning" from the experience of others. You are choosing to take the exception as your rule.

Situations can differ, but the point I'm trying to make is that carrying a gun is for the personal protection of yourself and your family. You can take on a great deal of risk when you start assuming some of the duties of a cop.
Protecting myself, my family, and/or my personal property is not assuming the duties of a cop. Zimmerman was protecting his neighborhood, which included his family and personal property.

Dare you answer my questions? Questions that are based on a much more feasible scenario?

The right to carry simply state that one has the right to carry a firearm and doesn't imply that by carrying one allows them to perform LEO duties.
Never said it makes them a cop. What would you do CI? Call 911 and hope for the best? What if you did that, only to return home and find it was your home that had been robbed, your loved ones who had been terrorized or worse?

FWIW, I don't have a carry license. I'd do what I'd do with or without a firearm, unless of course the bad guy was pointing one at me and I was unarmed. In the situations I've been in and witnessed, only twice do I recall a firearm being in play.

One of those was when the thug flashed one and a friend flashed a much larger one (thug left the scene in a big hurry), another was when my wife saw someone in the kitchen window and I went outside with a firearm because I had no idea if the perp was armed or not. Never saw them again.

Guess you better hope that your friends and neighbors don't have the same attitude if it's your spouse or kids in trouble and you aren't around. Remember, unless it's YOUR life or YOUR family member's life on the line, it's really not worth saving. Unbelievable.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Catus Magnus View Post
part of the Z trial is to put stink on armedself defense - Z is just the sap who got into it.
yes and top it off with racial whip cream
Old 07-07-2013, 11:14 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

yes and top it off with racial whip cream
Bingo. I don't think it had a thing to do with what Zimmerman did right or wrong, the law, etc. If he'd have been beaten to death, left with brain damage, etc. nobody would have heard of it beyond the local news--if it would have even gone that far.

Trying to purport this as an example of what not to do is plain silly. That implies that the racists who are stirring the pot have a set of rules or ethics they abide by.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:35 AM
Little Doe Peep

Cool

Originally Posted by LBR View Post
You didn't answer any of the questions--too real? What if you couldn't tell it was your hubby getting his skull rearranged, and only found out after the fact? What if you could have done something to save him, but instead chose to stand by with a cell phone and dial 911? What would you tell that instructor the next time you saw him? "Thank you so much for your wise instruction"?

You haven't "explained" anything. You seem to be demonstrating hypocrisy. Don't do anything you wouldn't do if you didn't have a gun in your hand, unless it's someone you really care about?

And, and as I have shown, we know that in the huge majority of cases it would never turn out that way. We know the driving force in the Zimmerman case is racism, not right or wrong or the law. So, if there's a minute chance it will cause you problems, cower rather than do the right thing? It appears Zimmerman actually tried to follow your instructor's directions.

Didn't work out so well for him huh? According to the call, it appears that Zimmerman was retreating to his vehicle when attacked by Martin. So your point is?

Like I said, I have experience. I have family and friends with experience. I don't need the "textbook" (liberal) answer. You aren't "learning" from the experience of others. You are choosing to take the exception as your rule.

Protecting myself, my family, and/or my personal property is not assuming the duties of a cop. Zimmerman was protecting his neighborhood, which included his family and personal property.

Dare you answer my questions? Questions that are based on a much more feasible scenario?

Never said it makes them a cop. What would you do CI? Call 911 and hope for the best? What if you did that, only to return home and find it was your home that had been robbed, your loved ones who had been terrorized or worse?

FWIW, I don't have a carry license. I'd do what I'd do with or without a firearm, unless of course the bad guy was pointing one at me and I was unarmed. In the situations I've been in and witnessed, only twice do I recall a firearm being in play.

One of those was when the thug flashed one and a friend flashed a much larger one (thug left the scene in a big hurry), another was when my wife saw someone in the kitchen window and I went outside with a firearm because I had no idea if the perp was armed or not. Never saw them again.

Guess you better hope that your friends and neighbors don't have the same attitude if it's your spouse or kids in trouble and you aren't around. Remember, unless it's YOUR life or YOUR family member's life on the line, it's really not worth saving. Unbelievable.
Zimmerman wasn't doing any "protecting." Until he attacked Zimmerman, Martin wasn't doing anything wrong. He was visiting friends and had every right to be where he was. Zimmerman was "investigating," which is a job for the cops.

There is a reason why cops carry guns. Some of the people they have to investigate are dangerous. Most of the time those people don't attack a cop because they know the cop is armed. I seriously doubt if Martin considered the possibility that Zimmerman might be armed before he launched that attack.

The problem that arises is that you don't know the circumstances. What if the guy getting the beating in the parking lot is an attempted car-jacker and the guy doing the beating is an off-duty cop making an arrest?

You own a gun and maybe carry one to protect yourself and your family. Having a CPL doesn't make you a crime fighter. Zimmerman has proved that.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:44 AM
Dominant Buck

That makes no sense steph. A, there is no evidence of Zimmerman attacking Martin. If anything, history points to just the oposite, he was performing his duty as neighborhood watchman. Funny how the defense isnt allowed to bring in the facts that martin is a person who recently seemed to enjoy fighting and getting in trouble. Now you're saying Zimmerman is not suppose to do that either. He's just suppose to look the other way. Remember, Zimmerman didn't break out his gun and confront Martin. Martin jumped out and cold cocked Zimmerman after racially profiling him. Last I checked, that was against the law and racially profile someone was a no no.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:42 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
Is there any evidence of Zimmerman confronting Martin and calling for a citizens arrest?
Nope he did not at least from what I have read.
The part I find upsetting is that the initial police report found or indicated Zimmerman was following the law and then his life changed and was impacted forever by the charges which might have come from racial pressure. That whole issue is what has me wondering about his guilt. Was there more to the story or has an over zealous and reaching media ruined the guys life? I still don't think the wounds Zimmerman had on his head were bad enough to be caused by having a head slammed into a pavement.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 07-08-2013 at 03:50 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.