Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
A Key Zimmerman Witness!! >

A Key Zimmerman Witness!!

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

A Key Zimmerman Witness!!

Old 07-01-2013, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
It sounded just like I said it. After the shooting it looked like he would be called a hero and not many people even thought it was possible that there could be charges filed. Over the course of a few weeks that all changed with many questions thus my "feeling" that Zim isn't squeaky clean. I have a small problem with an untrained person who feels the need to carry and self appoints himself as an unofficial cop. His dream was to be a cop but for some reason he wasn't able to get a job. It is on record that he made 46 calls to 911 operators over the course of a couple of years and most were about suspicious black people in and around his gated community. It is one thing to protect your own property and another to drive around looking for trouble. I have never sat on a jury and feel quite confident that I never will. I am opinionated and tell it like it is at least from my perspective and that usually keeps me out of the jury box.
The fact that his dream was to be a cop doesn't necessarily make him a murderer or guilty. Even being on his neighborhood watch group doesn't make him guilty. The fact hat he called 911 on 46 occasions would tend to suggest that he is actually letting the cops do their job instead of trying to do it for them.

This case is obviously getting political and some people are trying to make it racial. I haven't seen all of the evidence so it's hard to offer a final opinion.

However, the evidence I have read about suggests at least one witness saw Martin on top of Zimmerman and pounding Zimmerman's head into the concrete below his head. Most people would realize that such behavior could easily head in a severe head injury or death for Zimmerman. If that scenario is correct (as the witness apparently states), I would think Zimmerman definitely has the right to defend his life because that is exactly what appears to have been at stake.

As for Zimmerman following Martin or stopping after the police told him to stop, how exactly does that make it okay for Martin to somehow get Zimmerman on the ground (tackling, assault, etc.) and then pound Zimmerman's head into the concrete numerous times while Martin is on top of Zimmerman? This scenario sounds like Martin was out of control and Zimmerman is lucky to be alive.

This is just my 2 cents worth and all of the evidence certainly isn't in yet. One thing is for sure, this case will be interesting to watch and see how it unfolds.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:22 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by CalHunter View Post
I'd be curious to hear what your reasoning is for your anticipated guilty verdict. As for being charged with a crime, that isn't necessarily evidence of guilt, especially in this case.
No reasoning just a feeling that there is more to the story that hasn't come out yet. I remember back when they started to talk about possibly charging him there was an issue about pictures of Zimmerman that night that didn't show the level of head trauma that he claimed a few days later. I am probably wrong in even thinking he could be guilty but something about it all just doesn't add up to me. If I had kept up with the trial and all that came before I would be better informed but alas I have not so I just go with my gut feeling...nothing more nothing less. If the only reason why he was charged is because the person killed was black and there was public pressure to do so....sad day.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 07-01-2013 at 04:24 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:24 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Did they ever release the Martin autopsy?
Not sure, but I am sure if there was even a rumor of Martin having any injury other than the gunshot, the media would have run with it.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:33 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by CalHunter View Post
The fact that his dream was to be a cop doesn't necessarily make him a murderer or guilty. Even being on his neighborhood watch group doesn't make him guilty. The fact hat he called 911 on 46 occasions would tend to suggest that he is actually letting the cops do their job instead of trying to do it for them.
You may be right but that behavior isn't something I would consider normal

This case is obviously getting political and some people are trying to make it racial. I haven't seen all of the evidence so it's hard to offer a final opinion.
Political...no
Racial...yes
However, the evidence I have read about suggests at least one witness saw Martin on top of Zimmerman and pounding Zimmerman's head into the concrete below his head. Most people would realize that such behavior could easily head in a severe head injury or death for Zimmerman. If that scenario is correct (as the witness apparently states), I would think Zimmerman definitely has the right to defend his life because that is exactly what appears to have been at stake.
I agree 100% if that is what happened.
As for Zimmerman following Martin or stopping after the police told him to stop, how exactly does that make it okay for Martin to somehow get Zimmerman on the ground (tackling, assault, etc.) and then pound Zimmerman's head into the concrete numerous times while Martin is on top of Zimmerman? This scenario sounds like Martin was out of control and Zimmerman is lucky to be alive.
Once again...
I agree 100% if that is what happened.

This is just my 2 cents worth and all of the evidence certainly isn't in yet. One thing is for sure, this case will be interesting to watch and see how it unfolds.
Yup...but up to a day or two ago when I followed this post the whole thing was back page news for me similar to the Cacey Anthony trial. Nothing more than tabloid fodder. I hope it turns out that he was indeed fighting for his life and defended it. At least in that case the good guy won.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by brewman555 View Post
I believe he's innocent...TM isn't the little angelic face they put on the TV screen in the hoodie smiling at the camera....that's a picture of him I think was when he was 13 or 14 ....after he was shot I saw his Facebook picture on another site and the stuff this "kid" posted wasn't from some little church going nice person....he looked like a "gangsta" and posted stuff that would get you banned from here...I believe if the jury hears all the facts and judges Zimmerman on those facts he walks.....
TM wasn't innocent either probably, this is Florida.

I base my O of Florida on 2 things, one is from my baby brother who after spending a few days with the folks who live there told them to turn off the TV before it scares them to death, one crime after another with the bulk of them pedophiles. This from a guy who sat in front of a 6' tv with 800 channels, for him to say turn it off means something.

The second is my own. I researched several online trucks down there and even contacted a few before going down. I had my Dad contact the only one that agreed to take it to a dealer for inspection. Dad said the guy was a crook. I thought Dad was just being a cranky old guy, but we haven't got along for years and it hit me this might be a time when we could get close before he pass's so I said, OK Dad will keep looking and I flew down.

After exhausting every truck I'd research I said to my Dad "I thought you were being just a cranky old guy when you called that guy a crook, but after meeting so many crooks, you were right on the money, sorry I doubted you".

It's Florida, sticking up for anybody down there is a real stretch.

Meant a lot to my Dad to know I thought he was right on.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:57 AM
Typical Buck

When this story broke, I bought the orig story of cop wannabee shoots kid. I figured Z hadn't carried a weapon for long, and was had that feeling of invincibility some youngsters get from carrying a pistol, but didn't yet have a real understanding how just high the stakes are when you carry.

then Sharpton and the Usual Suspects got involved, NBC doctored audio to make it fit The Narrative, a little more info came out, and suddenly is wasn't what it first looked like.

Now everything in the trial points to self defense, and so far we've only heard from the prosecution.

If jury takes seriously the idea of 'beyond a reasonable doubt', I don't see how they can in good conscience convict Z.

The trial is a political put-up job, with prosecutors charged with getting a verdict to satisfy the howling mob. But what the heck do I know... I'm just a creepy-ass cracka...

Last edited by Catus Magnus; 07-04-2013 at 05:00 AM.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:04 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

The trial is a political put-up job, with prosecutors charged with getting a verdict to satisfy the howling mob.
Pretty much sums it up. Even more telling when the judge let Zimmerman's school records be submitted (why?), but wouldn't let the defense submit Martin's (which were further evidence he was a thug).

Sad thing is, chances are Zimmerman would be safer in prison. His chance at a normal life is slim and none--somewhat like the guy bho and company tried to pin Benghazi on.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:08 AM
Dominant Buck

Remember MSNBC is too blame for it all. They doctored to tape and photos of Zimmerman. They ran with much younger photos of Martin that made him look much different then current image. They also kept his record hidden while ripping Zimmerman.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:01 AM
Dominant Buck

Zimmerman's trial is the most important thing in his life right now. The whole thing is very unfortunate but happened. The media does have a hand in this but ultimately Zimmerman will have to be looking over his shoulder for the rest of his life. Witness protection and a changed identity would be his only chance but with his face plastered on all the tabloids and news media anonymity for the future is doubtful. I feel sorry for him if he is innocent and hope he gets a fair trial in spite of the media biases.

Old 07-04-2013, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Remember MSNBC is too blame for it all. They doctored to tape and photos of Zimmerman. They ran with much younger photos of Martin that made him look much different then current image. They also kept his record hidden while ripping Zimmerman.
Zimmerman's trial is the most important thing in his life right now. The whole thing is very unfortunate but happened. The media does have a hand in this but ultimately Zimmerman will have to be looking over his shoulder for the rest of his life. Witness protection and a changed identity would be his only chance but with his face plastered on all the tabloids and news media anonymity for the future is doubtful. I feel sorry for him if he is innocent and hope he gets a fair trial in spite of the media biases.
This would be the perfect case to bring a substantial lawsuit against the media. There are clear damages, and there is clear evidence. The damages to Zimmerman are immense.

What country should Zimmerman move to if he were to win a huge settlement.
New Zealand?

Of course all this depends on whether he walks.

C. Davis

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.