Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
A Key Zimmerman Witness!! >

A Key Zimmerman Witness!!

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

A Key Zimmerman Witness!!

Old 07-01-2013, 05:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

"Beyond reasonable doubt."

My feeling is that there is enough doubt surrounding this circumstance that the jury will be unable to convict him.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Psylocide View Post
"Beyond reasonable doubt."

My feeling is that there is enough doubt surrounding this circumstance that the jury will be unable to convict him.
In a real world this is an easy case. Of course now we live in a world where two men can "marry" each other.

I'm not making any predictions.

C. Davis
Old 07-01-2013, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by C. Davis View Post
In a real world this is an easy case. Of course now we live in a world where two men can "marry" each other.

I'm not making any predictions.

C. Davis
Agreed... however, there are plenty of times when this requirement has worked in an "obviously" guilty defendant's favor.

Mine was less of a prediction, more of a feeling... I can see it going either way.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Psylocide View Post
Agreed... however, there are plenty of times when this requirement has worked in an "obviously" guilty defendant's favor.

Mine was less of a prediction, more of a feeling... I can see it going either way.
I think the autopsy report will be interesting. My guess is that they will show scuffed knuckles, and a bullet hole.

C. Davis

Last edited by C. Davis; 07-01-2013 at 07:06 AM.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

So far the prosecution has done nothing but show Zimmerman was in fear for his life.This should be a slam dunk for the defense.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:05 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by sachiko View Post
Whoa! I hope you don't get on a jury anytime soon. Or maybe you didn't mean that the way it sounds.
It sounded just like I said it. After the shooting it looked like he would be called a hero and not many people even thought it was possible that there could be charges filed. Over the course of a few weeks that all changed with many questions thus my "feeling" that Zim isn't squeaky clean. I have a small problem with an untrained person who feels the need to carry and self appoints himself as an unofficial cop. His dream was to be a cop but for some reason he wasn't able to get a job. It is on record that he made 46 calls to 911 operators over the course of a couple of years and most were about suspicious black people in and around his gated community. It is one thing to protect your own property and another to drive around looking for trouble. I have never sat on a jury and feel quite confident that I never will. I am opinionated and tell it like it is at least from my perspective and that usually keeps me out of the jury box.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

He was driving to the store that night. Not driving around looking for blacks to shoot. I don't see an issue with someone being on the lookout for trouble in an area thats had previous break ins. Not everyone want to be involved with anything that doesn't involve them. They may walk past someone beating their wife and not want to get in the middle of it and walk on by. Some will take action. Thats not an admission of guilt because someone may be more involved than others.

He had never had any issue with any of these other calls. I believe one call at least ended with an arrest. There is nothing that suggest Zimmerman is a gung ho cold blooded killer.
Old 07-01-2013, 03:11 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

If he weren't carrying would he have followed the black kid after the police operator told him to stand down?
As I understood the story, when he was told to stop following Martin, Zimmerman complied.

I believe he was looking for trouble and found it.
In a way, I agree. Zimmerman was a "captain" on his neighborhood watch team. The community had suffered a rash of robberies. Martin was there visiting, not a known member of the community. I would have been suspicious too, under those circumstances.

If he were clearly innocent he wouldn't have even been charged.
Wasn't Zimmerman originally relealsed until the DA and media ran with the story and started flashing pictures of a Martin when he was approximately 13 yrs old?

Zimmerman had lacerations on his head and a very obviously swollen nose. I've seen nor hear of ANY wounds on Martin, other than the gunshot that ended the fight. The reason Martin was in the area was suppossedly because he has been either suspended or expelled from school and went to stay with his father, due to drugs IIRC.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:07 PM
Dominant Buck

No matter how it turns out it will be interesting to see what happens as a result. If Zim walks racial riots in the streets are likely at least from my way of thinking. If he is found guilty probably nothing will happen except jubilation in the streets just like when OJ was acquitted. When something like this becomes racial in nature it apparently becomes important to one side.
Zimmerman had lacerations on his head and a very obviously swollen nose. I've seen nor hear of ANY wounds on Martin, other than the gunshot that ended the fight.
Did they ever release the Martin autopsy?

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 07-01-2013 at 04:11 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
Something about the whole thing is weird. If it weren't racially charged it would be easier I believe. I just don't see it as normal with a person carrying and patrolling the streets looking for "bad guys". He wasn't a cop or anyone in a position of authority other than the fact that he had a piece strapped to his waist. If he were clearly innocent he wouldn't have even been charged. I'll go out on a limb and say he did it and will be found guilty.
I'd be curious to hear what your reasoning is for your anticipated guilty verdict. As for being charged with a crime, that isn't necessarily evidence of guilt, especially in this case.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.