Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
USN SEAL Senior Chief retires, comes out as... a woman. >

USN SEAL Senior Chief retires, comes out as... a woman.

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

USN SEAL Senior Chief retires, comes out as... a woman.

Old 06-04-2013, 05:43 PM
Typical Buck

Default USN SEAL Senior Chief retires, comes out as... a woman.

I'm not making this up:
http://www.guns.com/2013/06/04/warri...y-seal-photos/

Some types bemoan gays in the military. Fact is, they've always been there. Senior Chief (E-8, for all you non-navy types) Beck was an asset to the navy for many years. He suppressed his own sexuality for The Mission.

Some Internet Tough Guys have said how they approve of a Blanket Party for homosexuals in the military. I wonder... how many would like to step up and give this guy - no, gal! - that blanket party one on one, without backup? Better get yer life insurance paid up first!

Looks like he's written a book:

Navy Times article:
http://www.navytimes.com/article/201...ut-transgender
"For years Chris had turned off his sexuality like a light switch and lived as a warrior, consumed with the battle -- living basically asexual. For Chris the other SEALs were brothers and in the man's man warrior lifestyle, even if he had wanted to entertain sexual thoughts, there really was never any time to be thinking too much about sexuality," the book says.

In the biography, Beck describes the struggles behind keeping his sexual identity a secret in a profession where transgender men and women are forbidden from serving. In one excerpt, Beck describes how he had to disguise himself as an Afghan man to blend in with Taliban men, who'd expressed a deep-seated hatred toward women.

"It was weird that I could grow a beard and trick them into thinking I was one of them -- and really I'm an Amazon woman in disguise as a U.S. military guy in disguise as a Pashtun!"

After retiring in 2011, Beck began coming out as a transgender woman to family and friends online, saying "No more disguises," Speckhard said in an interview on Monday, according to the Virginian-Pilot.

Kristin Beck is now a military contractor in Tampa, Fla. She's on hormone therapy and plans to have sexual reassignment surgery. She wears long hair, make-up and women’s clothes, Speckhard told ABC News.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

What's your point? He's a puffer, so what? That's his business, not mine. I have no need to know, and you have no business telling everyone either.

This is what is wrong with America. The conservatives live and let live. The progressive libs, demand that they be seen for what they wish to be. I don't care one way or another how you wanna live your life. Its none of my business now or ever.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:39 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by sconnyhunter View Post
What's your point?
Well, if I were to pick one point, it would be that this story - an interesting & unusual story - undermines the idea that gays can't hack it, or that they'll undermine unit cohesion.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Catus, its hardly interesting or unusual. It is however, pointless. I applaud his faithful service to this great country.

However, he is free to live his life as he see's fit, and to that end, is none of my or your business.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:29 AM
Little Doe Peep

Smile

So he's an Amazon woman eh?

Always good to start the day off with a little humor.

You humans keep getting stranger all the time
Old 06-05-2013, 02:57 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Catus Magnus View Post
Well, if I were to pick one point, it would be that this story - an interesting & unusual story - undermines the idea that gays can't hack it, or that they'll undermine unit cohesion.
If that was the case, how come it waited until retirement to come out of the closet?
Old 06-05-2013, 04:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

He served honorably,and he never"came out".What he does now ,who cares.He let down Obama who would have wanted him charging the compound in heels and lipstick.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sconny, A transgender seal member isn't unusual?
Old 06-05-2013, 07:55 AM
Typical Buck

The biggest problem as I see it isn't whether or not unit cohesion is at risk or if he/she can't tolerate the duties of the job. It's his/her trying to keep their sexual preference a secret that puts the unit at risk.

They are a risk since the potential for them being outed leaves them susceptible to being blackmailed. What if the enemy catches him/her in a compromising position and threatens to out them unless they pay money, or worse; divulge secrets?

I think that's why everything should be out in the open. I think most service men nowadays can deal with it. I served on a ship for years knowing or at least had a good idea of who of my shipmates were gay. This was quite some time ago. No one really cared. If everything is out in the open then the risk goes away.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

IMO: The retired Master Chief has earned to right to be anything he wants to be so long as it's legal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.