Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Who Will Christie Choose? >

Who Will Christie Choose?

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Who Will Christie Choose?

Old 06-04-2013, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

Default Who Will Christie Choose?

My condolences to Lautenberg's family and thanks for his WW2 service. I obviously didn't agree with him on gun control but can respect the man. I'm curious as to who Christie will appoint, etc. What do you think?

Who will Christie choose? NJ governor has several options for Lautenberg replacement

Published June 04, 2013
FoxNews.com

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is facing one of the toughest political choices of his career, now that he's tasked with figuring out how and when to fill the Senate seat held by the late Frank Lautenberg.

Lautenberg, a Democrat and the oldest member of the U.S. Senate, died Monday after complications from viral pneumonia at age 89. While colleagues paid tribute to the legacy of the World War II veteran, political observers launched into heavy speculation on how the popular Republican governor would handle filling the seat of the long-time Democratic lawmaker.

He has two key decisions: Whom to appoint to fill the seat in the short term, and when to let voters have their say on who will fill it until the term expires in January 2015. Further, he'll have to decide whether to appoint someone to merely keep the seat warm, or someone who intends to run in the next election.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think Christie will choose a liberal democrat....
Old 06-04-2013, 01:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

I believe he should appoint a Democrat, I know many don't agree, but that is what the people of the state voted in. If a Democrat Governor appointed a democrat to a Republicans seat I'm sure just about everyone would agree that would be wrong.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator

How about a conservative Democrat who is staunchly pro-2nd amendment? I hope they still have those in Jersey.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Christie chose to hold a special election in October, 2013. Whoever Christie appoints will be a liberal.

Last edited by falcon; 06-04-2013 at 04:23 PM.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Isn't Weaner looking to get back in the game?
Old 06-04-2013, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator

Would Weiner have enough time to establish residency?
Old 06-04-2013, 05:32 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Charlie P View Post
I believe he should appoint a Democrat, I know many don't agree, but that is what the people of the state voted in. If a Democrat Governor appointed a democrat to a Republicans seat I'm sure just about everyone would agree that would be wrong.
Of course you do but you would be wrong. The job of a US Senator isn't to represent the people of NJ. The job of a US Senator is to represent the interest of the state government. Christy should appoint someone with his interest in mind on how to best implement his policies at the state level.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

They don't represent the people of their state ok.

You just missed question number 22 of the citizens test, but I know it must be wrong if you don't agree.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Years ago the Governor and the State Legislators appointed the Senators.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.