Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Hard Line Republican Comes out in Support for Gay Marriage >

Hard Line Republican Comes out in Support for Gay Marriage

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Hard Line Republican Comes out in Support for Gay Marriage

Old 03-22-2013, 04:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

Quite ironic that people who profess no religious beliefs try to use religion against those of us who do.
I didn't try to use it against anyone you brought religion into the conversation. You used something in the OT to try and make a point but don't follow the OT yourself. I know it's condemned in the NT so why do so many use the a verse from the part of the bible they don't follow to condemn others when they in all likely hood are not following other rules from the same section of the bible?

What is that called?

Since you can't prove there is a God and he actually said anything it's a moot point any way.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:00 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I didn't try to use it against anyone you brought religion into the conversation. You used something in the OT to try and make a point but don't follow the OT yourself. I know it's condemned in the NT so why do so many use the a verse from the part of the bible they don't follow to condemn others when they in all likely hood are not following other rules from the same section of the bible?

Grasping at straws Charlie. I concede, the word "abomination" isn't used in the New Testament, but the act is condemned just the same. You got me on a technicality.

What is that called?
It's called going off the top of my head and mistaking a word, but not the meaning.

Since you can't prove there is a God and he actually said anything it's a moot point any way.
It's not a moot point, it's what I believe. You can't prove He doesn't exist, so....

...you brought religion into the conversation.
For the record, I did not. That would be the big.......kitty, with his "dogma" reference.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

Grasping at straws Charlie
No it's not grasping at straws I have seen it done on many different boards by hundreds of different people I've never seen one use the New Testament to make their point. Most will quote it from Leviticus, why?

It's not a moot point, it's what I believe.
You need to remember that one you converse with others. I agree it is valid if you believe it and I knew what your response would before I hit the reply button.

It's called going off the top of my head and mistaking a word, but not the meaning.
When people quote Leviticus (not saying you did) to condemn others but don't follow the rules themselves it's hypocrisy.

Last edited by Charlie P; 03-22-2013 at 05:15 AM.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:18 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

No it's not grasping at straws I have seen it done on many different boards by hundreds of different people I've never seen one use the New Testament to make their point. Most will quote it from Leviticus, why?
I can't answer for them Charlie, but I agree with you. We don't live under the Law.

You need to remember that one you converse with others. I agree it is valid if you believe it and I knew what your response would before I hit the reply button.
I'm honest and consistent, so I don't worry about it. It's only when you aren't consistent, or aren't honest (not referring to you here) that you have to remember everything you said so you can cover your tracks. Otherwise you are reduced to making stupid comments that, I guess, are supposed to be insults about tennis or something like that.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:15 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by LBR View Post
For the record, I did not. That would be the big.......kitty, with his "dogma" reference.
To correct the 'record'... Big Kitty had in mind the Repub party's dogma, rather than a religion... but personal experience can make one question their religious beliefs, along with political ones. That's no 'attack' - it's just the truth.

Anyone here ever changed their political views based on experiences which made you re-examine them? LBR? Anyone?
Old 03-22-2013, 09:42 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

When people quote Leviticus (not saying you did) to condemn others but don't follow the rules themselves it's hypocrisy.
No argument here.

To correct the 'record'... Big Kitty had in mind the Repub party's dogma, rather than a religion...
That's all you had to say. I can't help that you didn't use the word correctly. Unless otherwise noted, "dogma" is normally used in referance to religion.

Contrary to dems, Conservatives have a tendency to think for themselves and not tow the party line regardless of what it may be.

but personal experience can make one question their religious beliefs, along with political ones. That's no 'attack' - it's just the truth.

And that's nothing close to what you said before.

good for Portman. nothing like personal experience to challenge dogma
You just said you weren't referring to religion...but the "truth" is that personal experience can make one question their religious beliefs, and that's why it wasn't an attack? Tennis anyone?

Anyone here ever changed their political views based on experiences which made you re-examine them? LBR? Anyone?
Ok, back to politics...I think? Or religion? Or tennis? Or does it depend on which way the wind it blowing at 4:36 a.m. in Bumfuzzle Egypt?

What in the world does deciding whether or not gays are normal have to do with politics anyway? Being gay isn't dem or Republican.

...Deleted by CalHunter...

Last edited by CalHunter; 03-22-2013 at 04:02 PM.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:10 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by LBR View Post
What in the world does deciding whether or not gays are normal have to do with politics anyway? Being gay isn't dem or Republican.
something, at least, when a Repub senator changes his position on the gay marriage issue.

Last edited by CalHunter; 03-22-2013 at 04:02 PM.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

My views on abortion changed dramatically after they came out with the 3d ultrasounds.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:20 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

something, at least, when a Repub senator changes his position on the gay marriage issue.
It was a FATHER changing his position because he has a gay SON. He just happened to be a Republican Senator, but that had nothing to do with his changing his position on the matter. Duck, dodge, parry, spin, thrust....BOING! Sorry, you reminded me of the old Daffy Duck cartoon, where he was playing Robin Hood...

Last edited by CalHunter; 03-22-2013 at 04:03 PM.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:30 AM
Typical Buck

Last edited by CalHunter; 03-22-2013 at 04:03 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.