Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Arkansas Legislature takes bold step >

Arkansas Legislature takes bold step

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Arkansas Legislature takes bold step

Old 03-07-2013, 07:37 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Only liberals will spend tons of taxpayer money to kill the unborn and save the life of a convicted murderer...and be "proud" of it.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:31 AM
TRC
Spike

Originally Posted by Mickey Finn View Post
I see it as standing up for what they believe to be right. I wish more politicians had the courage to do just that.

atb
I wish that Politicians did what they were elected for, serve the Public that elected them, not their own personal agenda's! Keep drinking that Koolaid.

Old 03-08-2013, 06:50 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by TRC View Post
I wish that Politicians did what they were elected for, serve the Public that elected them, not their own personal agenda's! Keep drinking that Koolaid.

They are doing what they are suppose to do. Protect the most innocent life amound us and save tax dollars by not paying for abortion. You should study our constitution once in awhile. After you do, why don't you let me know where it states women have a right to kill their babies.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:53 AM
TRC
Spike

Have studied the Constitution many times in my life. It also says nothing to support your view. I'm not going to change your opinion, and your not going to change mine, that's what makes this such a great country, we are allowed to have our own beliefs and opinions. I fought for our country so that you had the right to believe in anything you want to, and I expect the same treatment.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:52 AM
Little Doe Peep

Smile

Have studied the Constitution many times in my life. It also says nothing to support your view. I'm not going to change your opinion, and your not going to change mine, that's what makes this such a great country, we are allowed to have our own beliefs and opinions. I fought for our country so that you had the right to believe in anything you want to, and I expect the same treatment.
That's right. I don't knnow of anyone who has been able to find anything in the Constitution regarding abortion or the right to kill unborn babies.

So, at least based on the Constitution, the Arkansas legislature is doing what it is supposed to do.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Constitution also says nothing about the legal murder of the unborn.

The state of Arkansas is well within its rights, to make any laws it deems appropriate.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

In what way are they not serving the public?
Old 03-08-2013, 11:25 AM
TRC
Spike

Originally Posted by sconnyhunter View Post
The Constitution also says nothing about the legal murder of the unborn.

The state of Arkansas is well within its rights, to make any laws it deems appropriate.
I believe the Supreme Court has already Ruled on this topic, and pretty much any Law a State tries to pass that conflicts with the Highest Court in the land isn't going to stand the challenge. That is how the Politicians are not serving the people who elected them, their wasting the public's money to ram their beliefs down everybody else's throat, and simply trying to make a Political statement.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:14 PM
Little Doe Peep

Cool

I believe the Supreme Court has already Ruled on this topic, and pretty much any Law a State tries to pass that conflicts with the Highest Court in the land isn't going to stand the challenge. That is how the Politicians are not serving the people who elected them, their wasting the public's money to ram their beliefs down everybody else's throat, and simply trying to make a Political statement.
Roe v Wade recognized a virtually unlimited right to abortion, but subsequent decisions have allowed increasing limitations. Sandra Day O'Conner in one abortion decision she wrote pointed out that Roe v Wade is on "a collision course with itself." The simplistic thinking behind Roe v Wade runs into conflict with the increasingly lower age of viability of the fetus as a result of modern medical advances. As well, more people are becoming aware of the knowledge of the biology of the developing fetus as opposed to primitive ideas about "quickening" or some other medieval concept of the "beginning of life."