Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Colin Powell showing his true colors >

Colin Powell showing his true colors

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Colin Powell showing his true colors

Old 01-13-2013, 05:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Colin Powell showing his true colors

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...ublican-party/
Old 01-13-2013, 05:28 PM
Dominant Buck

Powell has become a joke. He owes his success to Ronald Reagan and the conservatives.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Powell has always been a joke. He has never been a strong leader, he whines a lot, and he values being popular too much to ever stick to his guns.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:43 PM
Dominant Buck

He is certainly a politician.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:16 AM
Dominant Buck

I liked the guy. He put his personal beliefs ahead of the party which to me is more honest than most of the others.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:57 AM
Little Doe Peep

Cool

I would call claimning to be a member of one party while proclaiming and promoting the principles of the opposite party, to be DIShonest, hypocritical and pure political opportunism.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:59 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I liked the guy. He put his personal beliefs ahead of the party which to me is more honest than most of the others.
What's honest about being a RINO?
Old 01-14-2013, 05:04 AM
Dominant Buck

I just wished his position on gun control was different. He has a right to that opinion but it isn't one that I share. I think he is pointing out the the GOP needs to transition if it wants to be a player in the coming elections. The path they are taking isn't working.
I would call claimning to be a member of one party while proclaiming and promoting the principles of the opposite party, to be DIShonest, hypocritical and pure political opportunism.
I don’t think he is being opportunistic. He had his chance to run for POTUS and declined. He is retired and I believe will stay that way. Not all GOP are far right. I believe he is more of a moderate within the party. Many in the GOP are following that path.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 01-14-2013 at 05:07 AM.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:07 AM
Little Doe Peep

Cool

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
I just wished his position on gun control was different. He has a right to that opinion but it isn't one that I share. I think he is pointing out the the GOP needs to transition if it wants to be a player in the coming elections. The path they are taking isn't working.
He cerainly has a right to his opinion just as we all do. But his opinion that the Republican Party should transition to being like the Democratic Party is shared with most Democrats.

He should show some integrity and join the Democrats.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:16 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by LBR View Post
What's honest about being a RINO?
It depends on how far right your views are. Perhaps a more centered GOP would build more of a base.

That symbol will keep the GOP member numbers declining.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.