Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Colin Powell showing his true colors >

Colin Powell showing his true colors

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Colin Powell showing his true colors

Old 01-14-2013, 06:03 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
I just wished his position on gun control was different. He has a right to that opinion but it isn't one that I share. I think he is pointing out the the GOP needs to transition if it wants to be a player in the coming elections. The path they are taking isn't working.

I donít think he is being opportunistic. He had his chance to run for POTUS and declined. He is retired and I believe will stay that way. Not all GOP are far right. I believe he is more of a moderate within the party. Many in the GOP are following that path.
Funny, let's look at his dishonesty and the republican party. McCain was the moderate Powell was looking for. What did he do? Powell voted skin color. This last election, you couldn't get a more middle of the road candidate than Romney. Before the election Powell read off a list of false reasons he was supporting Obama. Powell voted skin color.

Powell is as dishonest of a politician as they come!

Republicans need to nominate a true conservative. One that the party establishment hates. We need to quit selecting the go along to get along candidates.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:16 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
Funny, let's look at his dishonesty and the republican party. McCain was the moderate Powell was looking for. What did he do? Powell voted skin color. This last election, you couldn't get a more middle of the road candidate than Romney. Before the election Powell read off a list of false reasons he was supporting Obama. Powell voted skin color.

Powell is as dishonest of a politician as they come!

Republicans need to nominate a true conservative. One that the party establishment hates. We need to quit selecting the go along to get along candidates.
Do you think that will win an election in 2016 because that is the big issue? If they lose in 16 it will be a most likely be a 4 election reign at the hands of the Dems.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:12 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

FM is spot-on. Powell showed his true "colors" with McCain. He's a racist, pure and simple. McCain was as center as you can get, Romney wasn't far behind. The Republican party has nominated a centrist for the last two elections, and got beaten for it. bho had no record for his first election--anyone should have been able to beat him, except racists like powell voted for skin color. The second time bho had a record--an absolutely MISERABLE one that a blue-nosed baboon should have been able to beat--and again, who did powell push? How in the world could that be considered "honest"? I guess he was honest about following his racist beliefs.

It depends on how far right your views are. Perhaps a more centered GOP would build more of a base.
If they want to act like democrats then the honest thing to do would be switch party affiliation. There's nothing honest about pretending to be something you are not.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:14 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Do you think that will win an election in 2016 because that is the big issue?
Nominating centrists has lost the last two elections for Republicans. Einstein's definition for insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
It depends on how far right your views are. Perhaps a more centered GOP would build more of a base.

That symbol will keep the GOP member numbers declining.
Romney won the independent vote big. He lost it with the base. This should be the last election Republicans try to cater to the independents, because it don't work anymore. Obama lost the independent vote, and got out his base...the most ignorant among us.

Why Winning The Independent Vote Can Actually Be A Bad Thing

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/obama...#ixzz2HxziYS1T

In the final days of the 2012 presidential campaign, Mitt Romney's political director Rich Beeson was steadfast about his candidate's chances in key swing state Ohio.
"Whoever wins independent voters in Ohio, wins Ohio," Beeson said on "Fox News Sunday," two days before the election.
He was, of course, wrong. Romney won self-identified Independents in Ohio by a overwhelming 10 points, according to exit polls, but lost the state to President Barack Obama by 2 points.
A similar trend was seen across much of the country ó Romney won among Independents by 5 points, 50-45, but lost to Obama, 51-48. The numbers illustrate why winning the Independent vote in pre-election polls isn't necessarily a telltale sign of victory, as many political strategists have suggested....

http://www.businessinsider.com/obama...ection-2012-11

Romney Won Independents in Key States. It Wasnít Enough.

In the last few days leading up before the election, we talked a lot about how Mitt Romney was consistently doing well among independent voters, usually far better than President Obama. As it turns out, according to exit polls, Romney did do well among independents on Election Day. In Ohio and Virginia, Romney won independents by a ten-point margin. In Colorado, Romney had a 4-point lead among independents, and in Pennsylvania, he had a 5-point lead. In Nevada, Romney beat Obama by 8 points among independents.

Now there were states where Obama won independents: including Florida, where he led by 3 points; Iowa, where Obama won independents by a whopping 14 points; and New Hampshire, where he led by 7 points.

Overall, though, these exit polls show that in key states, itís not enough to win independents, even by a double-digit margin.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...katrina-trinko

I can't remember who it was recently who looked down on all us knuckle draggers and proclaimed that "Independents decide elections," but this election proved that going after independents, and forgetting about the base is a loser. I don't ever see it working. I can say without a doubt the liberals love it and are always there to give us pointers.

Why don't we try conservatism?

C. Davis
Old 01-14-2013, 07:42 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

why don't we try conservatism?
A-men!!!!!
Old 01-14-2013, 09:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

So you run what you consider to be a true conservative and your base doesn't sit home as they supposedly did this last election. Is that enough votes when the independents stay home or vote for a Dem?

What is the big push going to be to bring out your base? Anti abortion? Didn't work to well with the candidates that brought it up is the past election. Especially the ones that brought up the rape issue and abortion. No I'm not pro-choice, just wondering?

Entitelments, Careful how you address that issue it sure backfired on Romney.

Spending and debt, That might be a winner.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Another question why couldn't conservatives do the right thing this last election and get rid of Obama? I blame them for this mess as much as I do the people that voted for Obama. If they coudn't see the urgency of this election and do what was right for the USA then how am I to believe they should run the country?

I'm not going to vote because Romney doesn't fill my view of what a true conservative should be, I'd rather see Obama run this country into the ground.................. IDIOTS. Thanks alot!!!
Old 01-14-2013, 09:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Charlie P View Post
I'm not going to vote because Romney doesn't fill my view of what a true conservative should be, I'd rather see Obama run this country into the ground.................. IDIOTS. Thanks alot!!!

No disagreement here...
Old 01-14-2013, 09:47 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

So you run what you consider to be a true conservative and your base doesn't sit home as they supposedly did this last election. Is that enough votes when the independents stay home or vote for a Dem?
I don't know the answer to that, but I'd be willing to find out. Obviously a moderate isn't the answer.

What is the big push going to be to bring out your base? Anti abortion? Didn't work to well with the candidates that brought it up is the past election. Especially the ones that brought up the rape issue and abortion. No I'm not pro-choice, just wondering?
If there's only one issue, I think it will be jobs. I think it will be more than just one issue. Jobs, taxes, debt, entitlements, foreign policy, leadership--all the things that bho has been a miserable failure at.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.