Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
gun control saving grace >

gun control saving grace

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

gun control saving grace

Old 01-12-2013, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

It's still a great decision and the timing couldn't be better !!!!
Old 01-12-2013, 03:52 PM
Little Doe Peep

Smile

Here's a link to comment on the 7th Circuit decision on Illinois concealed carry. A very strongly worded opinion clearly in support of our 2nd amendment rights.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice...-entryNineItem

I'll mention again that Judge Posner, according to my husband, is one of the most highly respected jurists in the country. This is the direction we are going with respect to the 2nd amendment. We have to hope that we can keep the current majority favoring the right to keep and bear arms.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hope gun owners are prepared for civil disobedience against our federal government....
Lets hope it does not come to that.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:18 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by RobertSubnet View Post
Lets hope it does not come to that.
I agree but if asked to register your guns, will you?
Old 01-12-2013, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

NO!!Dare I say HELL NO!!
Old 01-13-2013, 11:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree but if asked to register your guns, will you?
No I will not.

The next couple of weeks will be interesting...I sure hope the prices of ARs have a reason to come down!
Old 01-14-2013, 03:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by fieldmouse View Post
i agree but if asked to register your guns, will you?
never......
Old 01-14-2013, 05:13 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

There are ways to basically disarm the American public other than through an out-right ban. Try to find a supply of .22's or .223's right now.

Taxes and regulations can make it so manufacturers go out of business and/or the pulblic in general simply can't afford to purchase. IMO an out-right ban is the least of our concerns.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:58 AM
Dominant Buck

Yep, don't think BofA froze the account of the gun manufacture all on their little lonesome. They got a phone call.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:08 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by LBR View Post
There are ways to basically disarm the American public other than through an out-right ban. Try to find a supply of .22's or .223's right now.

Taxes and regulations can make it so manufacturers go out of business and/or the pulblic in general simply can't afford to purchase. IMO an out-right ban is the least of our concerns.
Spot on. Without the bullets a gun is just a pretty thing to hang on the wall. I see a huge tax on bullets and shooting supplies as a way to initially start the supply and demand problem. With higher taxes less people will buy. In anticipation the manufactorers will cut production to save bottom line and inventory. The end result will be fewer suppliers, higher prices and less availability of the equipment. Right now there is a supply demand issue with the ammo like LBR mentioned. It was created by hoarding in anticipation of what is to come. Same thing happened in 1994.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 01-14-2013 at 06:11 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.